Mordhau

Big player battles?!?!

2058 2128
  • 5 Jan
 Sir Zombie

You're the bad one

617 455
  • 5 Jan
 afiNity

Can someone explain to me how this benefits big player battles?

1565 907
  • 5 Jan
 vanguard

@ToLazy4Name said:
The movies were good. The 2016 animu is the bad one.

Haha u fucking weaboo

2203 1569

@ToLazy4Name said:
The movies were good. The 2016 animu is the bad one.

CLANG

124 289
  • 5 Jan
 Stouty

oh cool it's an active Mordhau discussion

weebs being retarded everywhere

Never mind!

89 50
  • 5 Jan
 nohbdy

Massive battles with a huge player count might be fun for an unranked game mode or something. Call it something like "Siege" or "Centurion"(for 100 vs 100 player battles if that's possible lol)

It'd be interesting to see the extent to which a ridiculous amount of chaos and inevitable team damage out the wazoo would nullify the individual skill of players. Might be a fun way to attract casual players and perhaps increase player retention if they choose to stick around just to play big player battles because they can't handle getting their asses beat in ranked.

4321 6114

Large player counts are fun in general if the maps and modes are designed around them. The issue here isn't that people wouldn't like it or that it'd nullify individual skill or anything like that, it's designing the game so that latency doesn't skyrocket and frames don't tank under the increased load of massive player counts. In Chivalry, if you went above 32 players then everyone's ping would start to rapidly shoot up, and even 32 players wasn't exactly the most stable thing out there.

1376 2274
  • 5 Jan
 DerFurst

@Stouty said:
oh cool it's an active Mordhau discussion

weebs being retarded everywhere

Never mind!

There's nothing left to discuss. All the real questions were hammered out in the first few months. With no new content yet, all that's left are memes and fascist dreams

89 50
 nohbdy

@ToLazy4Name said:
Large player counts are fun in general if the maps and modes are designed around them. The issue here isn't that people wouldn't like it or that it'd nullify individual skill or anything like that, it's designing the game so that latency doesn't skyrocket and frames don't tank under the increased load of massive player counts. In Chivalry, if you went above 32 players then everyone's ping would start to rapidly shoot up, and even 32 players wasn't exactly the most stable thing out there.

I know this, but the point I was making is that the mitigation of individual skill might actually be a good thing for player retention. Those kinds of servers could be a melting pot where bad players and good players alike can just enjoy the chaos and screw around because bad players won't have to worry about being pub-stomped nearly as much.

4321 6114

o i c intredasting point tbh imho

617 455
  • 6 Jan
 afiNity

@afiNity said:
Can someone explain to me how this benefits big player battles?

This was a serious question btw

(still waitin)

1760 690

@afiNity said:

@afiNity said:
Can someone explain to me how this benefits big player battles?

This was a serious question btw

(still waitin)

Better servers means more resilience to latency means higher player count limit. Also amazon is huge so essentially you can keep infinitely expanding your servers capabilities buy renting more and more servers from amazons massive and ever expanding server farm.

You could probably even link all the servers to make one massive server similar to EVE onlines.

617 455
  • 6 Jan
 afiNity

Thanks for the explanation.
But there are still the limits of the game-engine so I doubt that yo could do 100v100 battles, even with those servers.

3930 4112
  • 6 Jan
 Sammy

You also need to bare in mind what the game is being made for, EvE online level of huge certainly isn't what it is. I'd be down for 200 player sieges.

4321 6114

400 players in vanilla MP for Bannerlord tbh

1014 511

@ToLazy4Name said:
The movies were good. The 2016 animu is the bad one.

OMG SO HORRENDOUS! They spent how much to make it shite? Oh that's right chump change, and the OST composer/sound effects guy, just some guy in his basement with pots and pans, and a fender knock off brand guitar.

1014 511

@ToLazy4Name said:
400 players in vanilla MP for Bannerlord tbh

but yes, bannerlord when?