Remove friendly fire hit stop

154 226
  • 2 Jul '19
 Shitscrubber64

@DrGert said:

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@DrGert said:
This is an unnecessary feature and ruins 1v1’s and 1vX’s alike.

Lmao hold up, which teammates could you even smack on the head during a duel/1v1? It's just called a fight if a teammate is nearby.

Dude, are you really that fucking high?

It's certainly a possibility we can't rule out, but I don't believe I was high back then.

1749 1793
  • 2 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

It's only an issue in 1v1 when you attack your own team. Or you have a strange definition for 1v1.

Knight 7768 14309
  • 2 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
No.

The occasional interference from your team is far preferable to the absolute tyranny of zugzug-zweihanders all swinging through eachother left, right and center.

If you thought the 2H meta was bad now, you aint seen nothing yet.

yo this is the 1st post i've seen from you that I like lmao good shit

274 322
  • 2 Jul '19
 DrGert

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@DrGert said:

@Shitscrubber64 said:

@DrGert said:
This is an unnecessary feature and ruins 1v1’s and 1vX’s alike.

Lmao hold up, which teammates could you even smack on the head during a duel/1v1? It's just called a fight if a teammate is nearby.

Dude, are you really that fucking high?

It's certainly a possibility we can't rule out, but I don't believe I was high back then.

I’ll just say, for the sake of argument that when I am fighting 1 on 1 and a teammate comes from out of left field and walks into my swing as it is already in motion, I am still considering that a 1v1 situation.

154 73
  • 2 Jul '19
 SerJaGGsaW

@woof_raff said:
I believe every suggestion based around low-level players in public servers should be taken seriously.

i am level 82

148 229
  • 7 Jul '19
 elToroGuapo

bump to this thread

agree, this decision is just plain stupid.

1749 1793
  • 7 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

What else is there to say? The idea is not good.

1757 1413
  • 7 Jul '19
 Rergato

You say it ruins 1vX, but in reality, if it was removed 1vX would be ruined. Imagine if all your opponents could just wildly swing through each other to hit you.. stupid and fucking dumb, as bad as a zipperhead with a mosin.

274 322
  • 7 Jul '19
 DrGert

@Rergato said:
You say it ruins 1vX, but in reality, if it was removed 1vX would be ruined. Imagine if all your opponents could just wildly swing through each other to hit you.. stupid and fucking dumb, as bad as a zipperhead with a mosin.

Ya know, I’m not really supportive that the thread was bumped. I understand why the hit stop exists. I was drinking and just talking shit. However, I will say even now that the mechanic is frustrating to no end under certain circumstances.

That being said.. your response is as equally as brainless as my drunk post.. If they’re all damaging each other, why is that bad for me if they kill each other or bring each others health low enough to be within 1 shot range? Unflinchable ripostes are very powerful especially with the Exec. Or Zwei.

I mean, theoretically, even if I died in a 1vX and two or 3 enemies managed to kill each other during the fight that’s still a positive for my team.

404 603
  • 8 Jul '19
 smug

Why? 1vX is already dumb as is because double parry doesn’t give you initiative, and you want to reward m1 spamming from the X even more?

48 27
  • 8 Jul '19
 Velindian

I think they honestly just need to reduce the hurtbox and collision of friendly players. There are so many times where teamates get in the way because my weapon decided it hit my teamate on the other side of the enemy first, my teamate thought it'd be a good idea to run into me when i'm trying to space something/run my attack into an enemy, or I get body blocked by a teamate despite visibly having enough space to wedge past them.

Frontlines and TDM would be a lot less aggravating If friendly hurtboxes were reduced and friendly collision boxes were reduced with a similar pushing effect like in TF2.

Removing the bounce from hitting teamates would make friendly zweiberd squad way too powerful.
The only alternative you would have to do to keep that in check would be to make teamates also flinch you when they hit. WHICH WOULD BE HORRIBLE.

404 603
  • 8 Jul '19
 smug

That’s because the game isnt designed for 48+ man servers. If you play 24 man frontline or TO this wouldnt be a big deal. Quite frankly the way its designed currently is smart and crucial to game balance.

1252 1918

THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING isn't getting your attack blocked by a team mate jumping in the way.

THE WORST THING EVER is fighting multiple opponents, parrying a real oncoming attack that gets blocked by an idiot who jumps in his allies way and is also attacking you. The person who was attacking you gets his attack blocked by an idiot ally who steals his kill, the defender gets feinted by what should have been a real attack and the spamming caveman retard gets the hit or a kill steal.

Hit stop on team mates sounds good on paper and was fine in the alpha, where most people had some sensibility and respect... But hit stop in public FL simply rewards spamming caveman and makes 1vX that much harder.

41 31

@smug said:
That’s because the game isnt designed for 48+ man servers. If you play 24 man frontline or TO this wouldnt be a big deal. Quite frankly the way its designed currently is smart and crucial to game balance.

I would like to live in a reality in which this game is designed for 64 man servers, unless you want to toggle it the other way of course.

Please do not ruin my delusion.

201 402
  • 8 Jul '19
 serbish

im happy with hitstop on teammates and would also prefer 100% team damage so there is even less incentive to be helicoptering in large groups.

would also make the friendly perk less redundant

465 184
957 309
  • 9 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

DONT SWING SIDEWAYS IN A GROUP

192 99

look out here come the delusionoids thinking ppl will just swing wildly in a server if their hits aren't stopped or theres no team damage.

Oh I can just see your minds on fire imagining that pack of zweicopter wolves mowing through everything in sight like a pack of gay 12 ft sword wielding pirahnas on crack...

lmfao
you ppl crack me up with your fears of the dumbest shit that would literally never happen except in your minds.

The idea that any1 would swing any more or any less in 1 of these servers is all in your minds, and shows your paranoia and lack of vision and how afraid you really are that some 1 may not be as nerfed as you'd like them to be.

smh so sad you guys have such closed minds.
you truly deserve the aunt jemima patch!

Knight 7768 14309
  • 9 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

This has to be a troll lmao

192 99
  • 9 Jul '19
 THE-REAL-WARSAW

@ToLazy4Name said:
This has to be a troll lmao

Yet another useless post by a real troll...