Mordhau

Why the game population is declining and how to stop it

291 116

@de.tail said:
In regards to destroying team ballistas, one of the fixed ones in the Taiga map really needs destroying. The one near blue spawn is so stupid as it's easy enough for the reds to claim it & then they snipe at people coming out of the caves that cross the first objective point. I'll admit that I've destroyed that fixed ballista a few times whenever I've found & killed the enemy player that was using it.

It's because no blues go over there to fight.

11 8
  • 6 Jul
 Volodymyr

The reason the community is shrinking is that its a little thing called drop off. Theres a big whole thing about the game everyones playing people buy it some stay some like it but leave and some don't like it and never touch it again. Eventually the hype and praise dies down and the true players stay and continue to play. Its how games go.

93 109

There’s also I’m sure plenty of people waiting for a patch to address issues the game has.

11 8
  • 6 Jul
 Volodymyr

@DefendinMyBase said:
There’s also I’m sure plenty of people waiting for a patch to address issues the game has.

Of course there is but there is still massive drop off that people are mistaking for other things.

102 72
  • 7 Jul
 smokratez

@de.tail said:
For me it was the opposite. I just had a lot of fun during the first x hours regardless of how badly I was playing. Now though, I enjoy it less because I keep seeing things that irritate me, such as: bugs/balancing issues, or ending up in a server full of sheids/spear users, friendly players that randonly attack you when you spawn in, idiot players that constantly spam voice lines one after the other, or players that move like contortion artists - such as last night... one player was moving really weirdly, long drags & morphs, but the way he moved was like stop motion, as his head/body seemed to snap from one position to another with no transition. Completely fucked with my head.

In regards to destroying team ballistas, one of the fixed ones in the Taiga map really needs destroying. The one near blue spawn is so stupid as it's easy enough for the reds to claim it & then they snipe at people coming out of the caves that cross the first objective point. I'll admit that I've destroyed that fixed ballista a few times whenever I've found & killed the enemy player that was using it.

Whoever made crossroads hates this game and the people that play it. That is the only explanation I can think of.

954 302

@Volodymyr said:
The reason the community is shrinking is that its a little thing called drop off. Theres a big whole thing about the game everyones playing people buy it some stay some like it but leave and some don't like it and never touch it again. Eventually the hype and praise dies down and the true players stay and continue to play. Its how games go.

exactly tbh i enjoy the game even when i dont its a constant i hate this game and devs to a "i love this game" i dont think ill ever stop playing but its something i need to work for to be good and thats fun

132 48
  • 12 Jul
 Highlander

@Clyde said:
The population of all games on steam generally goes down after launch mordhau on the other hand, by comparison, is holding onto its player base very well. it just needs more armour, weapons, and maps to be released over time, all games are going to lose their player base to newer ones as they come and players are split up between a growing library of games this is fine. Mordhau competes very well and has a community of people worth playing with the problem with this is its a lie told by people who are trying to get the power to censor speech they dislike, Everyone knows that's why they are spinning this narrative, we aren't blind deaf and dumb to your schemes and plans to create, grab and wield positions of power over us. The game is good its community is good, you people, however, are not good for the game or players and want the devs to go woke and broke for your agenda.

Game lost about 90% of its playerbase / original buyers so we just gonna pretend that isn’t a little bit more than a regular consolidation of community that all tactical games have. Also what the flying fuck are you talking about, do you think I’m in the fucking new world order or a pc gaming journalist? Take your meds dude.

132 48
  • 12 Jul
 Highlander

@Clyde said:

@unabridgedpenis said:

@Clyde said:
The population of all games on steam generally goes down after launch mordhau on the other hand, by comparison, is holding onto its player base very well. it just needs more armour, weapons, and maps to be released over time, all games are going to lose their player base to newer ones as they come and players are split up between a growing library of games this is fine. Mordhau competes very well and has a community of people worth playing with the problem with this is its a lie told by people who are trying to get the power to censor speech they dislike, Everyone knows that's why they are spinning this narrative, we aren't blind deaf and dumb to your schemes and plans to create, grab and wield positions of power over us. The game is good its community is good, you people, however, are not good for the game or players and want the devs to go woke and broke for your agenda.

Dude, seriously, I get you have issues with lefties and SJWs and all that jazz, I don't really disagree. But shoehorning this shit into every post you make makes you look like a Botas. It waters down your message and makes everyone groan with thoughts of "Here we go, Clyde is going full Botas and trying to seize the game from the leftists again."

The absolutely are concern trolling for an ulterior motive, that's a vital part of what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't be like this if they wouldn't have made my entire life a battlefield for the survival of my folk. If they weren't a threat to me and my nation, if they were consistently grabbing for power and wielding power over me in every space I go to. Then, yes I could and would shut up about the topic, but for now, I feel its a vital topic I can't be silent about.

Fuck dude you caught me. as I sat in my evil sjw chair at the New world order council I said, we need to get together with the pc journalists and go destroy European culture by making a mordhau forum post discussing ways to improve the game >;) that’ll show those alt righters!

No but seriously does that put into perspective how fuckin insane u r

132 48
  • 12 Jul
 Highlander

@Volodymyr said:

I think we can all agree that 90% of the game wouldn’t have put it down if there wasn’t a lot of large design issues that make the game really annoying over time for a lot of ppl including myself such as constant autistic racism, the worlds worst designed map and a constant pushback to any kind of positive reform from the elitist duel server ppl who haven’t seen the hell ive seen on frontlines

Oh the things I’ve seen,., “ stares off into distance entranced in a horrible ptsd flashback of seeing ur own teammate catapult 7 other members of his own team “

19 43

Lack of maps is the main problem i think. Compared to chivalry (which survived for many years) the only thing Chivalry did better was maps. The objective-chivalry maps were bigger, more numerous and better made. So this is the one thing they should focus most on right now. Not adding women or "diversity" or something else unimportant, maps first.

That being said, losing a big number of casual players after some months is to be expected, especially temporarily while they wait for more content/maps, Chivalry experienced that as well and it was basically the 1000 or so hardcore players + content updates that kept the game alive for that long.

18 22

@de.tail said:
In regards to destroying team ballistas, one of the fixed ones in the Taiga map really needs destroying...

This response is beyond late at this point, but when I said destroying 'team' ballistas vexes me, I meant when you play as an engineer and build one then your teammates watch next to you as you build it and then mount it to shoot, but instead they laugh, kick you off it and destroy it.
PS: (lol 'vexing' :D don't use that word too often)

1400 1466

@Eld of Norway said:
Not adding women or "diversity" or something else unimportant, maps first.

The word you are looking for is "customization".

19 43

@SWSeriousMike said:

@Eld of Norway said:
Not adding women or "diversity" or something else unimportant, maps first.

The word you are looking for is "customization".

Call it what you will, it would be madness prioritizing that over maps in the current state. Whoever is making skins, texture and models for more customization should be put to make models and textures for maps instead. Or ideally hire more people if they can afford it.

Knight 567 1922
  • 12 Jul
 LuxCandidus

It seems when people found out female characters are planned, they assumed it is exclusively what is being worked on or that it is some top priority. It is not. We will probably be here in one year, still waiting for female characters.

The current priorities are ranked 1v1 and 3v3 modes, at least two large new maps, and modding tools. I do not think the developers have touched the female models at all, since it is a low priority.

19 43

@LuxCandidus said:
It seems when people found out female characters are planned, they assumed it is exclusively what is being worked on or that it is some top priority.

Well, exclusively? No, but it did sound like it was something they were working on, with 11 people you have to prioritize and having someone making textures and models for customization(skins and weapons included) when he could have used that time making models and textures for maps instead, would not be very good.
But if its not something they are using such resources on right now, thats good.

1400 1466

@LuxCandidus said:
I do not think the developers have touched the female models at all

Straight from the Triternion headquarters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWIxFelH53o

100 52
  • 12 Jul
 Minion

Anything related to the duel/comp side should have been benched to fix the main game. The devs at this point seem like their hitting the whole eyes bigger then their belly point

523 566
  • 12 Jul
 Deadmode

ITT: People who know more about game development and business than Triternion.

100 52
  • 12 Jul
 Minion

@Deadmode said:
ITT: People who know more about game development and business than Triternion.

Lol you really have hardon for the devs huh

If they were some long standing Dev team with a long list of games to their name sure they know what their doing.

They took an already fleshed out idea from a game they played, remade it with the same problems minus a few, with worse maps. Now when most of the community is casual players and playing things other then duel, working on 1v1 and 3v3 seems like the focus is on the wrong direction.