Mordhau

Why the game population is declining and how to stop it

Baron 1600 5076
  • 4 Jul
 Lincs

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:

It's only for 1v1 duels. They needed a ranked matchmaking mode available at launch day.

Give the noobs a space to play against the noobs, and the no-lifers against the no-lifers. The larger the gap grows between average or top skill and entry-level, the more this is needed. Chivalry didn't do this either, and it earned them a lot of 1-day quitters who may have played the game long-term.

Why did you say what I already said but with more words

34 37

@Lincs said:

@KonyHawkProSlaver said:

It's only for 1v1 duels. They needed a ranked matchmaking mode available at launch day.

Give the noobs a space to play against the noobs, and the no-lifers against the no-lifers. The larger the gap grows between average or top skill and entry-level, the more this is needed. Chivalry didn't do this either, and it earned them a lot of 1-day quitters who may have played the game long-term.

Why did you say what I already said but with more words

Because no one expects ranked 1v1 duels to "massively" help with player retention.

If they leave ranked matchmaking at 1v1 ("soon"™) or 2v2 / 3v3 (rumors), the game will continue to have these issues.

16 59

This all comes down to the fact that this is a very competitive game, even in the less skill based modes like frontline and horde, this is exaggerated by the fact that the best gamemode (duels) is the most skill based. Players who have been playing since the beginning will almost always be better than new players, and most people don't want to or don't have the time to put into the game to git gud. Chivalry's solution to this was lobbies for people who were only under level 15, which could work very well in Mordhau.

102 72
  • 4 Jul
 smokratez

the toxicity - while I love banter as much as the next guy the community is just so toxic and it’s painful to watch some guy hilariously say the n word nearly every match I play, the devs did a great job with added the motivational mute ability, but it isn’t in the loading screen tips so most people don’t even know it exists.

I like this game because it's not a censor happy reddit tier shitfest like overwatch and rainbow 6, where you can get banned for things you do and say OUTSIDE of the game. That shit is cancer and so are you if that is what you want in mordhau.

102 72
  • 4 Jul
 smokratez

Chivalry's solution to this was lobbies for people who were only under level 15, which could work very well in Mordhau.

One of the dumbest thing morhau has done, was launch without an option to keep the try hards away from the casuals. I've never seen a game kill itself faster. Streamers who got boners from getting over 100 kills in frontline. "i'm topscoring!". No, you dumbass. You are killing your own fun in the long run.

Baron 1600 5076
  • 4 Jul
 Lincs

@smokratez said:

Chivalry's solution to this was lobbies for people who were only under level 15, which could work very well in Mordhau.

One of the dumbest thing morhau has done, was launch without an option to keep the try hards away from the casuals. I've never seen a game kill itself faster. Streamers who got boners from getting over 100 kills in frontline. "i'm topscoring!". No, you dumbass. You are killing your own fun in the long run.

The fuck? No, everyone hated the new player servers in chiv. Reason being that it gave them bad habits and didn't prepare them for fighting more experienced players, causing them to get absolutely trounced the moment they turned level 15 and got kicked out of the low level servers. I read the Chivalry player reviews once, and most of the negative reviews I saw cited this experience as causing them to completely lose interest in the game.

60 178
 Clyde

The population of all games on steam generally goes down after launch mordhau on the other hand, by comparison, is holding onto its player base very well. it just needs more armour, weapons, and maps to be released over time, all games are going to lose their player base to newer ones as they come and players are split up between a growing library of games this is fine. Mordhau competes very well and has a community of people worth playing with the problem with this is its a lie told by people who are trying to get the power to censor speech they dislike, Everyone knows that's why they are spinning this narrative, we aren't blind deaf and dumb to your schemes and plans to create, grab and wield positions of power over us. The game is good its community is good, you people, however, are not good for the game or players and want the devs to go woke and broke for your agenda.

523 566
  • 5 Jul
 Deadmode

@Clyde said:
The popular of all games on steam generally go down after launch mordhau on the other hand, by comparison, is holding onto its player base very well. it just needs more armor, weapons, and maps to be released over time, all games are going to lose their player base to newer ones as they come and players are split up between a growing library of games this is fine. Mordhau competes very well and has a community of people worth playing with the problem with this is its a lie told by people who are trying to get the power to censor speech they dislike......

Good post from you for a change, well, right up until that point where you went full crazy again.

39 150

@Clyde said:
The population of all games on steam generally goes down after launch mordhau on the other hand, by comparison, is holding onto its player base very well. it just needs more armour, weapons, and maps to be released over time, all games are going to lose their player base to newer ones as they come and players are split up between a growing library of games this is fine. Mordhau competes very well and has a community of people worth playing with the problem with this is its a lie told by people who are trying to get the power to censor speech they dislike, Everyone knows that's why they are spinning this narrative, we aren't blind deaf and dumb to your schemes and plans to create, grab and wield positions of power over us. The game is good its community is good, you people, however, are not good for the game or players and want the devs to go woke and broke for your agenda.

Dude, seriously, I get you have issues with lefties and SJWs and all that jazz, I don't really disagree. But shoehorning this shit into every post you make makes you look like a Botas. It waters down your message and makes everyone groan with thoughts of "Here we go, Clyde is going full Botas and trying to seize the game from the leftists again."

60 178
  • 5 Jul
 Clyde

@unabridgedpenis said:

@Clyde said:

Dude, seriously, I get you have issues with lefties and SJWs and all that jazz, I don't really disagree. But shoehorning this shit into every post you make makes you look like a Botas. It waters down your message and makes everyone groan with thoughts of "Here we go, Clyde is going full Botas and trying to seize the game from the leftists again."

The absolutely are concern trolling for an ulterior motive, that's a vital part of what I'm trying to say. I wouldn't be like this if they wouldn't have made my entire life a battlefield for the survival of my folk. If they weren't a threat to me and my nation, if they were consistently grabbing for power and wielding power over me in every space I go to. Then, yes I could and would shut up about the topic, but for now, I feel its a vital topic I can't be silent about.

942 292

well after playing a game where all I had was spear users im done so glad its finally in death throws

717 587

@Antoniokontos said:
well after playing a game where all I had was spear users im done so glad its finally in death throws

i like to pick up their spears and stab them with it. it's a very fun weapon, idk why ppl can't handle them unless they just struggle with the game mechanics and can't chamber morph/feint

942 292

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

@Antoniokontos said:

i like to pick up their spears and stab them with it. it's a very fun weapon, idk why ppl can't handle them unless they just struggle with the game mechanics and can't chamber morph/feint

in my case I chamber (hell have 43,521 chambers to my name) but they instantly chamber right back and eventually out stab me

717 587

@Antoniokontos said:

@Antoniokontos said:

in my case I chamber (hell have 43,521 chambers to my name) but they instantly chamber right back and eventually out stab me

u morph ur chamber into another attack. they can't chamber that attack cause it's no longer a stab!

942 292

@Antoniokontos said:

@Antoniokontos said:

u morph ur chamber into another attack. they can't chamber that attack cause it's no longer a stab!

ah got it im so use to relying on chambering stabs into another one lol

102 72
  • 5 Jul
 smokratez

@Deadmode said:

@Clyde said:
The popular of all games on steam generally go down after launch mordhau on the other hand, by comparison, is holding onto its player base very well. it just needs more armor, weapons, and maps to be released over time, all games are going to lose their player base to newer ones as they come and players are split up between a growing library of games this is fine. Mordhau competes very well and has a community of people worth playing with the problem with this is its a lie told by people who are trying to get the power to censor speech they dislike......

Good post from you for a change, well, right up until that point where you went full crazy again.

You are not a good judge for insanity.

102 72
  • 5 Jul
 smokratez

@unabridgedpenis said:

@Clyde said:

Neme calling does nothing other than prove your immaturity.

16 59

@Deadmode said:

@Clyde said:

Have sex

18 21

Without having read the whole thread, here are some of my thoughts about this topic ->

¤ Lack of content (as has been said a million times)
There should be hotfixes, patches and content patches coming in regularly, but there isn't.

¤ Lack of communication from devs
There's no consistent communication with the community and no centralized place afaik for patch notes.
Maybe a dev blog or something similar on this site where updates and under developement patches are being announced/discussed?

¤ Imba problems such as Crossroads, cav, siege, some weapons etc. This has already been discussed in detail.

¤ Toxicity to an extent. Altho I'm of the mind that sufficient tools have been provided to deal with the problem (barring a client side custom word filter to regulate what you want to see in chat), some people don't like that the devs aren't taking a firm stance against shittalking/racism/'toxicity' or something similar.

¤ Rampant griefing, which is a really fucking annoying problem in some instances (somewhat related to the toxicity problem also). Firepotting pathways, toolboxing spawn entrances, tk'ing for ballistas or destroying friendly ballistas etc... This to me is one of the most annoying things with this game and lack of punishment isn't helping the matter.

Summa summarum - The unforgiving nature of the combat system combined with griefing and shittalking players results in an unplesent environment for new or fairly new players that either never purchase the game or if they've already bought it and invested some time playing, give up since no new content is being added on top of the above issues. As a fairly new player who's still shit at the game, I can confirm that the first 10 - 20 hours of this game were a really unpleasant experience. I persevered, but some may not and there's plenty to choose from if one game doesn't manage to hold your interest.

81 30
  • 6 Jul
 de.tail

For me it was the opposite. I just had a lot of fun during the first x hours regardless of how badly I was playing. Now though, I enjoy it less because I keep seeing things that irritate me, such as: bugs/balancing issues, or ending up in a server full of sheids/spear users, friendly players that randonly attack you when you spawn in, idiot players that constantly spam voice lines one after the other, or players that move like contortion artists - such as last night... one player was moving really weirdly, long drags & morphs, but the way he moved was like stop motion, as his head/body seemed to snap from one position to another with no transition. Completely fucked with my head.

In regards to destroying team ballistas, one of the fixed ones in the Taiga map really needs destroying. The one near blue spawn is so stupid as it's easy enough for the reds to claim it & then they snipe at people coming out of the caves that cross the first objective point. I'll admit that I've destroyed that fixed ballista a few times whenever I've found & killed the enemy player that was using it.