COPE

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Highlander said:

@Slouchmeister said:

@Minion said:
Anything related to the duel/comp side should have been benched to fix the main game. The devs at this point seem like their hitting the whole eyes bigger then their belly point

Duel and comp ARE the main game

This exact shit is why everyone left, good luck when only 100 people are left and everyone joins chivalry when it comes out if they decide to only focus on the “ main “ game of duels and comp

Bye lol

C610B421-B181-4502-A0F9-27913861749A.jpeg

cmon mate we can get a better fucking population than yugioh, the vast majority of players play frontlines and it’s the main game mode, not duel servers. You can counter with “ it’s a niche game the population is bound to shrink “. Which is true except yugioh and euro truck are 1000x more niche then us and yet there they are higher than us.

D is for Denial

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

@elToroGuapo said:

The population of all games on steam generally goes down after launch

COPE

Nah man it’s just a niche game even though a million interested people bought it. We just can’t keep up a higher player count than mass appeal games like farming simulator or dayz standalone.

6 6
  • 26 Jul '19
 Jester_Day

So. Completely new player here. Joined half a week ago, and am having a decent amount of fun.

My two shilling worth of feedback here.

A: You guys are vastly overestimating skill and skilllevel needs to enjoy the game. While I am far from any form of savant, I got to grips with the idea even before doing the tutorial, before a few nice players pointed out one existed and even gave me gold as a participation prize. Sure, the game is hard, and skill definately makes you do better, but it is in no way insurmountable. Dividing casual gaming into ranks where you will seldom see someone doing interesting things to learn is a horrible idea at every single term.

B: Building community and playerbase is all about the community giving something back. A reason to be there and hang around. Random shitflinging insults are, while easily ignored, not helpful to building communities. If you are going to want to throw things like that about, at least grow some wit and make it funny.

C: Focusing on the hardline fans is a dead-sure way to kill a game itself. Because natural attrition will always be around, and new blood is crucial to counter it and even prolong the time it takes for even diehards to fall off. Especially in a game which has no real income except for the buying price, both playerbase and revenue would dry up and kill the project off.

My own thoughts? I am not missing anything in the game at the moment. More gamemodes would be my first thing though, as that would feel nice to experiment with. Few holding against many could be interesting. Siege could be interesting. Some form of Capture the flag could be interesting. A gamemode where the attackers would need to break obstacles while defenders tried to hold them (timed perhaps?) could be interesting.

I do not believe duels in any way will extend the games longevity though. They would be a distraction for the already in rapture, and little else.

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

@Jester_Day said:
So. Completely new player here. Joined half a week ago, and am having a decent amount of fun.

My two shilling worth of feedback here.

A: You guys are vastly overestimating skill and skilllevel needs to enjoy the game. While I am far from any form of savant, I got to grips with the idea even before doing the tutorial, before a few nice players pointed out one existed and even gave me gold as a participation prize. Sure, the game is hard, and skill definately makes you do better, but it is in no way insurmountable. Dividing casual gaming into ranks where you will seldom see someone doing interesting things to learn is a horrible idea at every single term.

B: Building community and playerbase is all about the community giving something back. A reason to be there and hang around. Random shitflinging insults are, while easily ignored, not helpful to building communities. If you are going to want to throw things like that about, at least grow some wit and make it funny.

C: Focusing on the hardline fans is a dead-sure way to kill a game itself. Because natural attrition will always be around, and new blood is crucial to counter it and even prolong the time it takes for even diehards to fall off. Especially in a game which has no real income except for the buying price, both playerbase and revenue would dry up and kill the project off.

My own thoughts? I am not missing anything in the game at the moment. More gamemodes would be my first thing though, as that would feel nice to experiment with. Few holding against many could be interesting. Siege could be interesting. Some form of Capture the flag could be interesting. A gamemode where the attackers would need to break obstacles while defenders tried to hold them (timed perhaps?) could be interesting.

I do not believe duels in any way will extend the games longevity though. They would be a distraction for the already in rapture, and little else.

A proper siege mode with attacker and defender would make all the difference. And I’m afraid this game will be strangled by its community itself because the vast majority of Kickstarter backers probably only play duels and tend to be the only one commenting on the forums, giving the illusion that they are the majority of the community when in reality they are a sideshow compared to frontlines

957 309
  • 26 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

CROSSROADS THE A CAVALRY MAP

957 309
  • 26 Jul '19
 Antoniokontos

@Highlander said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Highlander said:

@Slouchmeister said:

@Minion said:
Anything related to the duel/comp side should have been benched to fix the main game. The devs at this point seem like their hitting the whole eyes bigger then their belly point

Duel and comp ARE the main game

This exact shit is why everyone left, good luck when only 100 people are left and everyone joins chivalry when it comes out if they decide to only focus on the “ main “ game of duels and comp

Bye lol

C610B421-B181-4502-A0F9-27913861749A.jpeg

cmon mate we can get a better fucking population than yugioh, the vast majority of players play frontlines and it’s the main game mode, not duel servers. You can counter with “ it’s a niche game the population is bound to shrink “. Which is true except yugioh and euro truck are 1000x more niche then us and yet there they are higher than us.

D is for Denial

People who care about player numbers are the worst

47 34
  • 26 Jul '19
 mr_jah

@LuxCandidus said:
It seems when people found out female characters are planned, they assumed it is exclusively what is being worked on or that it is some top priority. It is not. We will probably be here in one year, still waiting for female characters.

The current priorities are ranked 1v1 and 3v3 modes, at least two large new maps, and modding tools. I do not think the developers have touched the female models at all, since it is a low priority.

We're fucked up in that case. Competitive players are minority of playerbase (as usual). Maybe modding tools will win some time for the game, however we should expect that good mods will require time to make... Regarding maps... Well it's cool, but remember Crossroads that were bad and become worse.

TBH so far game's future doesnt looks great, unfortunately.

1749 1793
  • 26 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

Just the near future. The far future looks good. Development is slow but steady.

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

People who care about player numbers are the worst

I am going to continue playing and supporting this game even if was only ten people, yet I show the numbers because I am trying to find ways to retain player interest and actually increase population. There is no excuse why we can’t get a higher community then shit games like dayz stand-alone, we just have to play our cards right. I brought that number along to debunk the “ this population decline it’s natural cuz it’s a niche game “ to show that games that are much more niche have a higher player count. A million people + bought the game but uninstalled or got bored, we have to figure out how to bring them back if we don’t want the playerbase to dwindle to about 500 dudes on duel servers. I’m also feeling there is a serious disconnect between the majority frontline casual playerbase and the 2hander duelists who populate the forums much more. Something as small and simple as actually giving a roadmap or letting players test maps before they release so we don’t get shitshows like crossroads ever again.

that map could be so much fucking improved by the tiniest addition of a buildable fence around spawn to the fort for both red and blue, pretty sure this would take a dev like 20 minutes in map editor and would drastically improve the gameplay instead of everyone leaving when crossroads gets picked.

I for one will buy a t-shirt to throw the devs enough money to buy ramen noodles so they can continue producing my favorite game of all time.

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

@mr_jah said:

@LuxCandidus said:
It seems when people found out female characters are planned, they assumed it is exclusively what is being worked on or that it is some top priority. It is not. We will probably be here in one year, still waiting for female characters.

The current priorities are ranked 1v1 and 3v3 modes, at least two large new maps, and modding tools. I do not think the developers have touched the female models at all, since it is a low priority.

We're fucked up in that case. Competitive players are minority of playerbase (as usual). Maybe modding tools will win some time for the game, however we should expect that good mods will require time to make... Regarding maps... Well it's cool, but remember Crossroads that were bad and become worse.

TBH so far game's future doesnt looks great, unfortunately.

Sadly the majority of kickstarters are the hardcore duelists who couldn’t give less of a fuck about how much of a shitshow frontlines is, and think that losing 95% of the playerbase is completely fine and we should do literally nothing to bring them back.

Knight 610 2035
  • 26 Jul '19
 LuxCandidus

@Highlander said:
Sadly the majority of kickstarters are the hardcore duelists who couldn’t give less of a fuck about how much of a shitshow frontlines is, and think that losing 95% of the playerbase is completely fine and we should do literally nothing to bring them back.

You literally made all of that up. Every alpha tester I know is asking for or suggesting Frontline improvements, and a mode similar to Chivalry's Team Objective. I have not met a single person who thinks losing players' interest is fine.

32 22
  • 26 Jul '19
 Layla

I'm enjoying how this game is declining every single day, more fun than playing the game.

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

You literally made all of that up. Every alpha tester I know is asking for or suggesting Frontline improvements, and a mode similar to Chivalry's Team Objective. I have not met a single person who thinks losing players' interest is fine.

I really don’t have a reason to lie on page 12 of a long dead mordhau forum page, if I’m not right then thank you for correcting me but I’m just going off my personal experiences and what feedback I have received on this post in particular. Nobody thinks losing player interest is fine but a lot of people said the decline was completely natural and couldn’t be prevented as well as when I asked whatever backers I met in central servers what they thought should be done they overwhelmingly felt like the game shouldn’t cater to casuals and should put sole focus on duels.

but then again I’m in us central and I’m just going off talking to various backers I’ve met in duel and frontline servers,

I may be wrong but I really don’t give a shit enough about a mordhau forum post page 12 to lie really. Are you one of the people who supported the Kickstarter campaign? If so I’d like to hear your opinion on the matter and what the other backers think.

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

@LuxCandidus said:

@Highlander said:

Literally all the devs have to fucking do is announce what they are adding in, or have the community forums possibly vote ( not a democracy, just gauging player opinions on new content and game changes ). The secretive shit where only the devs and backers are in the loop is what makes the game feel kinda doomed ( I know content is being worked on, but nobody fuckin tells us so who knows ). It is also kinda discouraging for myself and a lot of people to see the first major content drop just be an absolute crock of shit that could easily be fixed by just allowing players to test it first and giving feedback.

1749 1793
  • 26 Jul '19
 SWSeriousMike

@Highlander said:
Literally all the devs have to fucking do is announce what they are adding in, or have the community forums possibly vote ( not a democracy, just gauging player opinions on new content and game changes ). The secretive shit where only the devs and backers are in the loop is what makes the game feel kinda doomed ( I know content is being worked on, but nobody fuckin tells us so who knows ). It is also kinda discouraging for myself and a lot of people to see the first major content drop just be an absolute crock of shit that could easily be fixed by just allowing players to test it first and giving feedback.

It's quite simple: If you enjoy highly competitive tryhard gameplay you practice duels and skirmishes in scrims. That part of the gameplay is more or less finished. If you don't want to get that invested you should try an on/off relationship with Mordy and only play occasionally until more content is ready.
Complaining in the forum won't accelerate the updates. Kingdom Come is in the Humble Monthly and DOOM is on sale on Steam right now.

But that's just my advise - feel free to ignore it.

181 165
  • 26 Jul '19
 Unlikely

@Highlander, I gather you didn't bother to read this update from the devs which does explain to everyone what they are working on. Either that, or you don't care whether what you say is true or false.

Edit: I apologize, the link was wrong. Copy paste error. It's corrected now.

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

@Unlikely said:
@Highlander, I gather you didn't bother to read this update from the devs which does explain to everyone what they are working on. Either that, or you don't care whether what you say is true or false.

They posted an update? also is it a meme because when I click that link it leads me to some political website, I think you accidentally gave the wrong link

Knight 7768 14309
  • 26 Jul '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Highlander said:

@Unlikely said:

They posted an update? also is it a meme because when I click that link it leads me to some political website, I think you accidentally gave the wrong link

that's something he had saved to his clipboard from another thread, there is an actual update though in the announcements tab

should really pay attention my guy

132 48
  • 26 Jul '19
 Highlander

Complaining in the forum won't accelerate the updates. Kingdom Come is in the Humble Monthly and DOOM is on sale on Steam right now.

But that's just my advise - feel free to ignore it.

this entire forum post was me trying to be constructive and have other people throw around ideas, I wouldn’t have posted this if the first large content drop didn’t make it seem like the devs were unaware to a lot of the problems mordhau currently has, especially map balancing and horse gameplay. If I simply wanted to complain I would’ve just spammed the n word in frontlines chat like everyone else, instead of discussing back and forth with people on ways to improve the game over like 11 pages of relatively constructive discussion.

I apologize for spamming the forums in my attempt to have a discussion of how the game can be improved, clearly nobody gives a shit at all and that it isn’t even worth typing.

I’m taking your advice, I’ve just uninstalled Mordhau because for one the game has become literally unplayable due to me getting ping spikes up to 1000 every match, on top of one of the most toxic communities I’ve ever seen. ( ingame, ppl on the forums are pretty nice ) all the while a drip feed of content where the first drop is probably the most autistic map design ever made, of course you are gonna get players talking about the obvious problems in the game.

maybe I’ll give it a shot but I probably won’t like the million other buyers who have moved on from mordhau, thank you for showing me how foolish it is to make a forum post detailing ways to help the game.

If the game improves itself and the community doesn’t wither and die, I’ll come back, if not well chivalry comes out next year, and imma go check out that kingdom come sale