Mordhau

Is Horde Mode Ever Going To Be Fixed?

16 12
  • 28 Jun
 Archer

The game has been out for a while now, but Horde mode is still embarrassingly bad. There's been no updates to it in the last few updates. For a full release, it's pathetic. So, when can we expect at least some amount of improvements to it? Or is it just going to sit on the side because the game has already had it's full release and the game has already made enough money?

90 78
  • 29 Jun
 SushiFish

Both Horde and Battle Royale feel very unfinished and unsatisfying. Pushed out in the last minute as additional content before they had to release the game early due to financial problems.

In my opinion, it's better they release something complete instead of just adding some unfinished crap to the mix just to add more content.

Hopefully we will see changes to it soon, but don't count on it since I'd imagine their scope being on the main game (Frontline) and core balance of the game.

777 1029

They "released" the game, but it is barely a beta.

Can anybody explain to me why they didn't release in early access so people would at least understand that they are buying a work in progress game?

With literally no updates and basically no information for months at a time, people are going to assume the devs are done with the game, after all it is a fully released product so what is their incentive to keep working on it at this point exactly?

Now I am not saying I think that, but this is obviously what thousands of players are going to think. So I don't understand why the devs are going out of their way in a few different ways to make people think this and in the process objectively hasten the death of their own fucking game.

16 12
  • 29 Jun
 Archer

Not to mention the only map they've released since launch looks and feels like it was made by an amateur modder over a weekend.

64 35

I agree, the new map looks hilariously bad and unfinished. Horde and battle royale is garbage at the moment too.

777 1029

I almost feel like the devs have 1 actual coder and the rest just do balance and art

178 165
  • 29 Jun
 Unlikely

I disagree. I'm impressed with the game engine, with the art and voice acting, and I like the maps. This is a huge accomplishment for a small team, and I say that as someone who has worked on software for a long time.

I'd love to see a few changes, but I'm not going to piss all over the project just because it could be even better.

1339 1396

The forum has answered the question:
unlikely.jpg

16 12
  • 29 Jun
 Archer

@Unlikely said:
I disagree. I'm impressed with the game engine, with the art and voice acting, and I like the maps. This is a huge accomplishment for a small team, and I say that as someone who has worked on software for a long time.

I'd love to see a few changes, but I'm not going to piss all over the project just because it could be even better.

It hardly meets the quality expected from a $30 game though. Right now, it's worth maybe $20 max. Should I expect much more from such a small dev team? No. Should I expect more for the cost? Yes.

16 12
  • 30 Jun
 Archer

Half the changes that would make it better wouldn't even be hard to implement. They just haven't.

Knight 41 35

This game offers hundreds of hours of fun. It's worth 60$.