Mordhau

Before you buy any of the Painted Chestplates, please read this.

12 36
  • 28 Jun '19
 Slicevicious

Hey guys, just a heads up. If you are looking to buy one of these, just be aware none of them have patterns or metal trim options. What you see is what you get. I bought mine thinking it would have patterns, and it doesn't. Came as a total surprise, so on the off chance this post helps someone avoid dropping a huge chunk of money on something they won't like, then I figured I should make it.

I hope this helps someone.
Cheers

47 34
  • 28 Jun '19
 mr_jah

So they're just 2 color chest plate without patterns, that is not being painted into red/blue by the game during the FL right ? Or game changes its color like it does for other stuff?

156 74
  • 28 Jun '19
 SerJaGGsaW

Thanks for the warning, fortunately for me, i prefer the unpainted ones over the painted ones.
the fact there are no patterns or trims is a major disappointment indeed, when taking their vast price into account.

i avoided buying them specifically because i feared running into the scenario you currently find yourself in.

80 35
  • 28 Jun '19
 SkinnyPete

@SerJaGGsaW said:
Thanks for the warning, fortunately for me, i prefer the unpainted ones over the painted ones.
the fact there are no patterns or trims is a major disappointment indeed, when taking their vast price into account.

i avoided buying them specifically because i feared running into the scenario you currently find yourself in.

Shut up idiot.

12 36
  • 28 Jun '19
 Slicevicious

@mr_jah said:
So they're just 2 color chest plate without patterns, that is not being painted into red/blue by the game during the FL right ? Or game changes its color like it does for other stuff?

In the case of the Maximillian, the back is 1 color and the front is 1 color. When team colors are on, people will see one of the team colors you represent on your back and the other on the front. However, there are no Patterns, such as the ones you can find on the painted helms, like stripes or checker patterning. Nothing. Just one flat sheet of color on the front (which also affects sleeve color) and one flat color on the back. No stripes, no squares, nothing. Just flat colors with no options.

1 1
  • 28 Jun '19
 ZNAKE

Legit tho, these chest plates are straight up a scam of time because they have no trim/patterns...

Conscript 880 1801
  • 28 Jun '19
 ohshitsorry

You're a good man, op

52 102
  • 28 Jun '19
 Erwinicus

I still want one though.

12 36
  • 29 Jun '19
 Slicevicious

@Erwinicus said:
I still want one though.

I am not trying to dissuade anyone from buying them, only trying to let everyone know they have no pattens, so they know before they decide to buy.

In my case, I had total belief in the devs that, since the helmets had patterns, the wildly more expensive Breastplates would too. And I spent 50,000g and discovered the harsh reality that they didn't.

Emperor 397 919
  • 29 Jun '19
 Soulcatcher

thanks op

45 105
  • 29 Jun '19
 Degeneracy

just be aware none of them have patterns or metal trim options

It's even funnier.
Padding for painted padded cuirass is always painted in first color.

padded cuirass pattern 2.png

And back is painted only for maximilian cuirass and partially for fluted cuirass.

paint it back.png

Knight 2608 6919
  • 29 Jun '19
 Rattsknecht

Knowing devs, they probably will add more patterns later

Still a bit dissapointing, I too thought they'd have patterns

45 105
  • 29 Jun '19
 Degeneracy

@Rattsknecht said:
Knowing devs, they probably will add more patterns later

Knowing devs, they probably will add "Properly Painted Cuirass" for each type with doubled or tripled price.

Oh, what am i saying, it is an armor, after all. Quadrupled at least.

12 36
  • 30 Jun '19
 Slicevicious

Thank you, Degeneracy, for posting pictures. I am ashamed that I didn't think of including pictures.

156 74
  • 1 Jul '19
 SerJaGGsaW

@SkinnyPete said:

@SerJaGGsaW said:

Shut up idiot.

wow rood

12 36
  • 1 Jul '19
 Slicevicious

20190701153513_1.jpg20190701153518_1.jpg20190701153523_1.jpg

Here's a few screenshots. As you can see, you can't change the gambeson color separately and there are no arrows to select any kind of patterning. A major disappointment considering how much more expensive these items are compared to the painted Sallet, which has total badass latin prayers on it in a couple different patterns out of the handful you can choose from.