Mordhau

Are you having fun playing Mordhau?

52 65
  • 28 Jun
 PartyClass

I had no prior experience in slashers apart from maybe 10 hours in 'Age of Chivalry' the original Chiv that was a Source engine mod.

I absolutely love the game! Yes there are parts that could use tweaking, but for the most part I fell in love with the mechanics and spent a lot of time trying to become a good duelist.
Some people complain about all the RDMers on duels servers, but in my experience like once a match some asshat joins and gets kicked and slaughtered once he starts RDMing.
Some people complain about people with vile language, but I mute them.
Horde for the most part can only be won through cheese.
BR is okay, but having horses in it is ridiculous.

I just spend most of my time in either FFA deathmatch or duels and love it

10 16
  • 28 Jun
 Sarnath

Im only at 70 hours or so and still having fun, I try to get a few Frontline matches in every day

81 30
  • 28 Jun
 de.tail

haha priorities mate. priorities. women are obviously more important than improving gameplay. though in all seriousness the order of importance should be: optimization & bug fixes > gameplay (new modes/features) > cosmetics/aesthetics, but it's the cosmetics & freedom to let the player play as whatever they want, that brings in the bacon (money & new players), though new game modes would also do that too - or at least renew interest in the game for players that got bored & stopped playing the game.

community triggers are easy, just disable the chat, target info, & kill feed. If you can't see what people are saying or know that x person has killed you 10x in a row (with a catapult/horse/ballista - or because they are just better than you), then you can't rage at anything other than yourself, for any mistakes that you make.

24 34
  • 28 Jun
 Sayton

Loving it, 184 hours in and I'm still just learning how to play.

138 218
  • 28 Jun
 DylanS_98

I took a few days off from playing it, came back and I'm still enjoying it. Even so much I've been taking the steps to set up my own clan so I'm excited for that.

My only gripes?

Almost every game mode except Frontline and community hosted duel servers are dead or non-existent. One of the major complains I've had and heard from friends is modes like Team Deathmatch don't last long enough, same for Deathmatch; while Skirmish is usually just plagued with people trolling / hiding (Which is fine, they can play how they want but it just drags out.)

I pretty much haven't played Frontline in a while. It makes me not want to play Mordhau when I try it. The concept is alright.. I suppose? But the mounteds, overflow of new players, abuse of vote kick, and pretty much boring objectives either leaves me terribly bored or just getting upset because half the time my team is smacking me in the back of my head.

Duke 547 912
  • 28 Jun
 Goatie

I am currently burned out as Front line is a mess and all maps besides camp seem to be badly designed. I can only do duels and scrims on occasion because of said bad maps. I also have issues with 1vX so scrims only get me so far before I get annoyed that's it's just 1v1s with switching. For me to get passion back I need WAY better maps and a sound/atmosphere overhaul.

777 1029

@Goatie said:
I am currently burned out as Front line is a mess and all maps besides camp seem to be badly designed.

was about to jump on you and suggest Grad is a good map, but again, the final objectives are VERY BADLY DESIGNED. Both of them.

20 27
  • 28 Jun
 Quxudais

@Soulcatcher said:
Few years in Alpha and "beta" later

Are you enjoying the game?

Do you still feel an urge to play it?

After playing it due to that urge, do you play it for long? do you get burnt out quickly?

If you get burnt out, why do you think that is?

If you don't, why do you think that is?

This query is funded by the Agatha Archer RSA

It's fun but frustrating. So many of the games elements seem halfbaked or half-thought out. It's missing key components for it's combat system as well that Chiv had; One example being the location-specific damage for weapons where hitting with the shaft or haft does significantly less damage than hitting with the point or blade. The maps all have issues as well ranging from awful (crossroads) to needlessly annoying (the ambient artillery on camp) and the primary Front Line game mode is sadly underdeveloped with extremely simplistic objectives that.. don't often gel with the maps they exist on.

There's a lot of potential here but so far I don't really see any evidence that the devs will reach it. The few attempts at fixes and changes so far have been.. underwhelming at best and haven't really addressed any of the games real issues.

Duke 547 912
  • 28 Jun
 Goatie

Grad really isn't fun once you look into it. Last objective is meh as hell despite being a castle siege... yet also not being a castle siege. It's just too small and clunky especially with the horses and the cata always firing onto the objective. The stairs leading up to the last capture point is only like 1 person wide.. in a game that's 48p-64p. You also get stuck on the buildable defenses if you fight near the stables, the one also near the stairs.

Knight 7666 14066
  • 28 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@Quxudais said:
One example being the location-specific damage for weapons where hitting with the shaft or haft does significantly less damage than hitting with the point or blade.

Unless this was in DW, this was not a mechanic in Chivalry.

179 165
  • 28 Jun
 Unlikely

Are you having fun playing Mordhau?

This is always the right question.

I look forward to playing it with friends, really getting into teamwork rather than just stacking up kills. (Not that I stack up kills yet.)

777 1029

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Quxudais said:
One example being the location-specific damage for weapons where hitting with the shaft or haft does significantly less damage than hitting with the point or blade.

Literally every thread someone asks for this. Why?

I liked everything else in his comment too, even was going to heart it, but then this of all things, the gayest thing of all...

20 27
  • 28 Jun
 Quxudais

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Quxudais said:

It absolutely was and was a critical component. Hitting someone with the wood shaft of your Halberd did less damage than hitting them with the blade or stabbing them with the tip. The importance of this mechanic diminished over time as more and more exploits became common but it was still there.

274 320
  • 28 Jun
 DrGert

@smellycathawk said:

@Goatie said:
I am currently burned out as Front line is a mess and all maps besides camp seem to be badly designed.

was about to jump on you and suggest Grad is a good map, but again, the final objectives are VERY BADLY DESIGNED. Both of them.

TBH I really don’t think I can recall ever actually killing the king in blue spawn to win the match.

Knight 7666 14066
  • 28 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@Quxudais said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@Quxudais said:

It absolutely was and was a critical component. Hitting someone with the wood shaft of your Halberd did less damage than hitting them with the blade or stabbing them with the tip. The importance of this mechanic diminished over time as more and more exploits became common but it was still there.

You are wrong.

777 1029

@DrGert said:

@smellycathawk said:

@Goatie said:

TBH I really don’t think I can recall ever actually killing the king in blue spawn to win the match.

I've seen it / done it a number of times. The entire objective is a joke for a multitude of reasons.

I have nothing better to do so let's think of some.

• The VIBs "very important bots" don't follow the mechanics of the game. no-flinch is not fun to deal with under any circumstances. Intentionally breaking the fun mechanics into non-fun mechanics in an attempt to make a failure of an idea for an objective work is not how game design works...
  • Through no fault of the person actually siegeing the castle, battling through the spawn points, and battling the VIBs, the VIBs can become invincible mid-fight. LOL
  • the guy in the dungeon can be exploited because he refuses to walk on the trap door. u can just stand there and stab him.
    -There is no reason a player couldn't be made a VIP here or something.

I think this final objective ruins the only map that could actually have been really really good and I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention for being the sad bad bad terribly bad and sad joke that it is.

EDIT: Almost any other mechanic or design choice in this game there is going to be some contention as to whether or not it is good or bad as it is. But I honestly cannot see anybody defending this as a fun or well-designed final objective, even with all the badd opinions lurking around the forum.

Knight 5106 6854

I'm currently waiting for the potential this game has to exploit. Now that a friend got the game i will be playing it again but honestly i don't feel the adictive cocaine draw that MyB and chivalry induced me back on their time. The game has the foundations to be absolutely great, if the devs fail on delivering, the comunity will do it for them with the mod tools.
Also hur battle royale hurrrrr shits himself

274 320
  • 28 Jun
 DrGert

@Humble Staff said:
I'm currently waiting for the potential this game has to exploit. Now that a friend got the game i will be playing it again but honestly i don't feel the adictive cocaine draw that MyB and chivalry induced me back on their time. The game has the foundations to be absolutely great, if the devs fail on delivering, the comunity will do it for them with the mod tools.

Pretty much this ^^

I think this to myself everyday because for whatever reason, I like REALLY want to believe that the devs are doing everything within their limitations to make this game the best it can be. I really do think they give a shit about their success. Keep telling myself that we are just suffering the result of a game just being released too early and that in one year from now it will be a completely transformed game. But I guess only time will tell. I do hope for the best though. This game has laid an amazing foundation from which to build on.

Knight 934 941
  • 28 Jun
 afiNity

I barely played in alpha+beta (only like 50-60 hours) because there was no proper gamemode and because there were certain design choices in the combat that I didn't like. After release I played quite a lot but the problems that I had with the game are still present so I'm losing interest again.

1308 2875
  • 28 Jun
 Monsteri

I've played 1214 hours. I don't play any of the matchmaking modes anymore, they are all a mixture of boring and frustrating. Sometimes play pub skirmish, it's alright up till people start holing themselves up with toolboxes and drawing out every round. The most fun in this game can be had in mid-high tier pugs and scrims, which is what I play most of the time nowadays. Burned out on the other stuff. Top tier pugs and scrims are not all too fun because at the top level 1vX doesn't exist.