Mordhau

Firebomb DPS

274 322
  • 28 Jun '19
 DrGert

I think it takes 2 maybe 3 seconds of standing in fire before you die... I mean like DEAD. I have fallen over drunk in fire pits
for "2 to 3" seconds and walked away with some red skin and singed hairs.. BUT DEAD? I think not.

Fire bomb dps is far to high.

CHANGE MY MIND.

94 105
  • 28 Jun '19
 SoRoofless

The fire is hot enough to kill you, but you still can’t feel it or hear it burning until you’re literally on top of it. A real firebomb could be felt through the air from quite a distance.

100 52
  • 28 Jun '19
 Minion

its sticky?

274 322
  • 28 Jun '19
 DrGert

@Minion said:
its sticky?

This is not the time for flirting.

I’m am here to discuss fire bomb dps.

Edit: it was rude of me to ignore your questions and advances so yes. It is very sticky.

Duke 554 949
  • 28 Jun '19
 Goatie

The DPS is more of an issue because you can't hear it land behind you in a fight imo. Regardless of that it could use a slight nerf. Maybe buff it's damage if it lands directly on a player to make up for it.

26 18
  • 28 Jun '19
 Nauht

Please don't try to argue RL in a game. Just balance it within the rules and context of the game itself.

Right now IMO firebombs are too prevalent - they get spammed endlessly to the point that it's detracting from the main focus of the game, a fps slasher.

167 86
  • 28 Jun '19
 SerJaGGsaW

guys, if you think firebomb is such a major issue then use the Fireproof perk.
i made a character SPECIFICALLY to deal with naked 3x firebomb characters.
sure the armor is a bit light sitting at 2/2/1, but he has 2 firebombs and a war axe, which makes killing groups of enemies a fun task as they either chase you into your own (or pesky enemy) fire and die, or gets cleaved down by the axe

besides that he has Tenacious.. if there's an annoying engineer on the enemy team you can switch out some more armor or Tenacious for the Wrecker perk...

or if you simply are super bugged by firebombs you can just take your main character, clone him, and remove a bit of armor for the fireproof perk and then just use him when firebombs become too much of an issue.

102 72
  • 28 Jun '19
 smokratez

Fire bomb is another one of those annoying things devs won't change, even though people complain about it.

274 322
  • 28 Jun '19
 DrGert

@Nauht said:
Please don't try to argue RL in a game. Just balance it within the rules and context of the game itself.

Right now IMO firebombs are too prevalent - they get spammed endlessly to the point that it's detracting from the main focus of the game, a fps slasher.

You’re right. I hate it when other players won’t shut up about realism in this game because there are very few things realistic about this game. I was just being facetious and trying to make a point.

I could care less if fire bombs act they way they would in real life but 3 HTK from a firebomb in 3 seconds or less is way too strong. It is extremely frustrating back pedaling into liquid hot lava in a 1vX and melting before you can say “but I was winning!”

1697 1292
  • 28 Jun '19
 esturias

@Goatie said:
The DPS is more of an issue because you can't hear it land behind you in a fight imo. Regardless of that it could use a slight nerf. Maybe buff it's damage if it lands directly on a player to make up for it.

This.
It's ridiculous how you have no chance to see/hear it burning around you and how it basically instakills you if you are unlucky.
Give it less throwing range, high damage on a direct hit and much lower but longer damage when you walk through it.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 28 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

I tried for months in the alpha to get them to seriously nerf or remove firepots and it didn't work, so good luck.

114 197

Greek flamethrower when

64 43
  • 28 Jun '19
 Cadiz

How is it that running through fire on a horse does more dmg to you than the horse that's literally running in fire?

274 322
  • 28 Jun '19
 DrGert

@Cadiz said:
How is it that running through fire on a horse does more dmg to you than the horse that's literally running in fire?

Didnt you know that horses are a highly conductive animal? Think of horses as the copper wire of the animal world. So anytime it touches fire it sends heat up through its feet and legs, to its back and gives you ouchies.

9 9
  • 28 Jun '19
 DutchWanderer

Problem with fire is that IT MAKES NO SOUND IN THE GAME, only when you are burning to a crisp. Add a FIRE SOUND to the burning heap of oil and leave the DPS it like it is.

16 24
  • 28 Jun '19
 PPeebs

Sound is probably my biggest issue with this game, it's very obvious with firebombs because they should be loud, but it's true of so many other things, like a full plate knight walking behind you is somehow totally silent right up until you hear "RRAAARGH!' grunt in your ear as their war axe enters release towards the back of your head. Whenever I say this, people respond with "they probably crouched with rat perk", but no, you often can't hear people even when they're sprinting at you in heavy armour. You can tell how retarded the directional sound system is by looking up and spinning rapidly - the audio craps out immediately because it thinks you only have ears that work in a frontal directional cone; anything behind you immediately loses a lot of volume, so as you spin you get this odd screeching up and down in volume as it tries to deafen you to stuff behind you but they come in and out of vision.
So the only issue with firebombs to me is the sound issue. They should crackle and make noise, as fires tend to do. Heavy knights walking on stone behind you shouldn't be as loud as some assassins creed ninja either. Ears don't face forward, they are on the side of your head and you can generally hear stuff behind you just as well... not sure if the developers know that or not.

Knight 2306 4188
  • 28 Jun '19
 Runagate

Mordhau ≠ real life

Fire pots are meant for area denial. If you could just run through them unscathed they would be completely pointless. It already takes forever for them to start dealing damage after impact in the first place.

41 31

I mean, I like and get the point that fire pots should make a loud-ish burning sound.

However... how prevalent really is this problem. Probably 100 hours in frontline alone, I think I've died to fire like 5 times.

Maybe I've played too many MMOs, but dont 'stand in fire' seems like a pretty core concept.

42 131
  • 29 Jun '19
 KingOfSow

The real question is why firebombs work in water? You basically can't even see them there, so yay, invisible firebombs.

Duke 554 949
  • 29 Jun '19
 Goatie

It doesn't matter how prevalent it is just that it's frustrating. I can't just not stand in fire if I don't even hear it behind me.