Mordhau

What Armor Tiers Do You Like on a Budget?

Knight 46 66

Feel free to speak about many combinations, but I would like to specifically ask about when on a low budget. say you have only 3, 4, or 5 points to spend on a class due to perks, weapons, speed or a combination thereof, where do you invest those points?
How effective is 1/1/1, vs say 1/2/0, or 2/1/0?
2/1/1 or 2/2/0?
if you use a halber, do you run 2/2/1, or 2/3/0? what have you had the most success with?
If you have a full 9+ points to spare on a class and aren't building an absolute unit, how much armor do you invest in? 3/3/3? 3/3/2? 2/3/2?

Discuss!

20 38
  • 27 Jun
 Gatordile

Chest>Head>Legs

113 79

When I am using a weapon such as greatsword, I will sacrifice t3 leg armour to get a bandage as a pressure tool of sorts or just to heal. When you pull out a bandage your opponent has to rush you, meaning that they have to interrupt their own regen. If you get it off, you are at full health, where your opponent may only be at half.

As for halfberd, I've found more success with 2/3/0 solely because I can take more zwei swings to the chest. People in FL lack the awareness to notice that you have no leg armour.

In a duelyard I will absolutely use 2/2/1, if I ever do use the halberd in duels.

I will sacrifice leg armour in favour of basically anything, notably bandages. I take t3 torso instead of t3 helmet most of the time.

Knight 7571 13862
  • 28 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@GramzontheDragon said:
Feel free to speak about many combinations, but I would like to specifically ask about when on a low budget. say you have only 3, 4, or 5 points to spend on a class due to perks, weapons, speed or a combination thereof, where do you invest those points?
How effective is 1/1/1, vs say 1/2/0, or 2/1/0?
2/1/1 or 2/2/0?
if you use a halber, do you run 2/2/1, or 2/3/0? what have you had the most success with?
If you have a full 9+ points to spare on a class and aren't building an absolute unit, how much armor do you invest in? 3/3/3? 3/3/2? 2/3/2?

Discuss!

3 points: 2/1/0, because it'll stop you from being one shot outside of someone with a maul hitting you in the head or some weirdo with an exec sword/bardiche chopping your legs

4 points: 2/1/1, same as above but now you can't be one shot unless it's a maul to the head

5 points: 2/3/0 for good defense outside of legs, 2/2/1 just for slightly more tankiness against projectiles or smaller damage weapons while still being able to eat a shot to the legs

16 70
  • 28 Jun
 Den

My prioritization on armor distribution usually goes down along deprecating the legs first because 90% of players never aim for the legs and you can mostly cover the legs up with Waist accessories to hide just how unarmored they may be:

• 232 (Many of my loadouts are on this or the adjacent two armor setups)
  • 231 (Goes great with two Medic Bags, Friendly, and a good weapon)
  • 221 or 230 (Engineer and Crossbowman go here)
  • 211 or 220 (Former if I'm using a Spear, latter if it's a Zweihander)
  • 210 (Longbowman Loadout, if I had one)
  • 110 (At this point, I may as well just go 000)
  • 100 (Keep my head warm on those cold Mountain nights)
    Wildcard: 030 for my Dodge Brawler Little Mac.