Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Stuck on "consolidating items" screen

4 2
  • 27 Jun '19
 Annoying_Peasant

I was unable to play the game for the whole day. On the morning it wont advance from the opening screen. I uninstalled it and installed it again and now I am stuck on "consolidating items. This can take several minutes". When it stops I try joining a game, and right after I pick a side I am unable to spawn and forced to espectate for like 15 seconds, after which I am kicked with the message "timedout while waiting for steam inventory".

I have tried checking for local files integrity.
Setting steam library to public.
Restarting steam.
Restarting computer.
Entering game, waiting for the "consolidating items" thing to finish, exiting game, starting game again and waiting for the consolidating thing...for 3 hours now.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

21 0
  • 30 Jun '19
 dewetsebastian

Exact same issue, really sucks. Can't get it fixed :(

1 0
  • 7 Jul '19
 Scrambler

Any information on this? Mine has been this way for a week or so.

7 1
  • 7 Jul '19
 krick

Same issue, just started today. I've also have been blocked out of progression for a month or two now. I've heard progression is linked to steam inventory in this game? If so, I think it's connected.

29 50
  • 7 Jul '19
 coo_snake

I seem to have fixed it, could be just luck.
I let the game run in the menu for around an hour while I was away. When I came back it was working and I could play without getting kicked. So maybe try giving the game some time after the "consolidating" is finished.

4 2
  • 8 Jul '19
 Annoying_Peasant

Did the same thing than coo_snake (after uninstalling and reinstalling), just left the game on consolidating, then when it was done joining a match, wait for being kicked, do it again....eventually was able to play. No idea how it got fixed though, sorry.

29 50
  • 9 Jul '19
 coo_snake

I just want to clarify, specifically the last thing I did before it worked was to let the game run in the main menu for a while even after consolidating was finished. Maybe post here if you have the same experience.