Mordhau

Double Tap to dodge

3 1
  • 27 Jun
 MrGuarnere

I like the idea of being able to dodge out of the way of an attack, but at the moment I feel the system holds you back from doing it because you can't do a dodge if you are holding a directional button down (like W or S). This means you have to stand still to dodge, which is impractical and will get you killed.

Is it possible to implement a "double tap to dodge" action, so pressing AA or DD will dodge you left or right regardless of W or S being pressed down? I don't think you should be able to dodge forward but maybe back, I don't actually know what the current system does if you can dodge in those directions.

777 1029

just ada fucking dodge bind. Using the same key as jump renders the perk unusable.

48 27
  • 4 Jul
 Velindian

I'd prefer a dodge bind, a dodge/jump bind, and a checkbox that enables/disables double tap to dodge. That way everyone can be happy.

190 93

yeah it should be a dbl tap, why the fk would or should you have to hit a directional key and a jump key is fkn retarted in itself when your finger is already always on the directional keys...

sometimes I wonder if these devs have ever even played another team game in their lives with the stupid shit they do.

48 27
  • 12 Jul
 Velindian

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:
yeah it should be a dbl tap, why the fk would or should you have to hit a directional key and a jump key is fkn retarted in itself when your finger is already always on the directional keys...

sometimes I wonder if these devs have ever even played another team game in their lives with the stupid shit they do.

Double tap has issues with making staggered movement impossible with keyboard movement. So if anything it should have optional double tap, optional jump + direction, and a optional separate keybind. so it covers all preferences without limiting application.

190 93

@Velindian said:

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

dam my bi polar musta been active that day ...lol

Double tap has issues with making staggered movement impossible with keyboard movement. So if anything it should have optional double tap, optional jump + direction, and a optional separate keybind. so it covers all preferences without limiting application.

Im fine with that.
:)

62 23

Yea you should be able to dube tap w a s or d to dodge and ability do dodge forward i am sick of juping just cuz i dodged when i was holding w a space