Mordhau

Used 3rd person for the first time heres what I have to say about it

133 104
  • 27 Jun '19
 Pandamansleep

So I just played 3rd person for the first time and I will give a link to the vid once it's done uploading. Anyway let me get on to the thread.

First off I noticed that the timing on parries was harder and felt off. The depth perception was bad. Everything was farther than what I expected it to be. The camera feels sluggish in 3rd and it was harder for me to accel. I had really bad accuracy due to the camera being behind me instead of inside of me. Dragging is easier though since you can keep your enemy in your view the whole time and see their movements. I had to adjust my playstyle to get kills.

Eventually though I did get near the top of the leaderboard. It's really weird using it but I surprisingly got a higher score than when I was in first. I'm sure it would actually be really good if I had more practice with it.

133 104
  • 27 Jun '19
 Pandamansleep

Sorry that it's in 360p. idk how to make it HD

274 322
  • 27 Jun '19
 DrGert

@Pandamansleep said:
..behind me instead of inside of me.

Go on..

274 322
  • 27 Jun '19
 DrGert

Really though, I feel like 3rd person has the potential to be better than first, simply because the field of view is so much greater. But you’re right about it. It just feels really wierd to play in although I feel like certain moves are easier to read in third.

42 47
  • 27 Jun '19
 ValiantFouzy

Been playing on 3rd for more than 500 hours and yes it does give you more to look at and more overall control, but lacks the focus. For instance reading stabs can be a challenge especially in high skill floors where the opponent purposely lowers his view so your body gets in the way. This isnt a problem with first.

53 77
  • 27 Jun '19
 LumpyCustard

I use first person on duel servers and third person on frontlines. But i'm slowly switching over to 100% third person.

3P gives me far greater situational awareness when in a 1vX fight and helps me manage crowds much better. It also gives me early warning if an idiot teammate is about to run in from behind and catch my blade while i riposte.

I didn't have any major issues with timing or anything though, it feels pretty natural overall and i like it more than i thought i would.

Imo if you're running rush/bloodlust/war axe in front lines and trying to chop off as many heads as possible, 3P is the way to go.

64 34
  • 30 Jun '19
 Crumly

weapons look better in first, you can see them up close.
everything else about it sucks

whats the point of making a costume if you can't look at it

Emperor 399 924
  • 30 Jun '19
 Soulcatcher

It's bad

Look at all the attacks you got hit with because you (seemingly) couldn't even see them because your model was in the way.

Don't get accustomed to winning in third.

No competitive players use it, or anyone who is half decent. You can read attacks far better in first, you can control your weapon far better in first, control and vision are key.

Flailing around in third is the opposite

Wouldn't recommend it outside of memes

167 86
  • 30 Jun '19
 SerJaGGsaW

i'm level 79 and i use 3rd person mode 24/7.
i also use shields a lot.
fite me irl.