Mordhau

Long weapon stance

10 16
  • 26 Jun
 Sarnath

What if we had the ability to push f while on foot, and you get into an anti-cav stance with your weapon (can't move either?) https://earlychurchhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Roman-Pikemen-.jpg

53 77

Some dedicated anti-cav mechanics outside of just "lol use a billhook" would go a long way in reducing cavalry dominance on maps like crossroads. (actually some more focused map design would also go a long way -- maybe preventing cav from entering the compound or being able to climb the tree house would help too but i understand the technology just isn't there yet).

63 43
  • 27 Jun
 Cadiz

I was thinking about something like this last night, but more about being able to deploy weapons like the Shortspear on the ground to act in that way but your suggestion sounds more practical. The only downside is we'll see more spears on the battlefield. Maybe a deployable spike that doesn't cost 8 points and an anti-cav stance would help.

132 103

They should make it so that all the weapons that can couch have a brace stance where if you crouch and press F with it you hold it up and when a horse gets on it then the horse dies

82 89
  • 27 Jun
 Xanith

Still wouldn't do anything if the horseman has a spear/lance which is the biggest problem imo. Billhook wins against every other weapon pretty consistently.

5 1
  • 27 Jun
 cuntcrusher

@Xanith said:
Still wouldn't do anything if the horseman has a spear/lance which is the biggest problem imo. Billhook wins against every other weapon pretty consistently.

Imo the point should be focusing the horse, not the rider. The hit should dismount the rider, even if the horse was not killed.. I dont know man 🙄

10 16
  • 27 Jun
 Sarnath

Yeah it's to kill the horse like the spike traps do

102 72
  • 28 Jun
 smokratez

If the anti horse things I build with the toolbox didn't disapear when I pick a different loadout would also help.

20 27
  • 28 Jun
 Quxudais

More options to deal with Cav would be nice, especially some options that didn't require complete investments of your load out, but even then they are largely bandaids. The real issue is that horses just aren't well designed.

They should not give range increases to weapons when mounted to begin with, some weapons should simply be impossible to use from a vertical position on horse back. You could add the ability for a rider to lean off to the side of the horse to extend reach; This would both increase their vulnerability and force them to commit to an attack on one side of the horse, but this should still have the same weapon ranges as if the rider were on foot. The damage boost they give should be tied directly to the speed the horse is running; A trotting or stopped horse should have no bonus damage at all. Blocking/parrying a horse charge should bowl you over but it should not disarm you. The ability for a horse to bump-stun a player should also be tied to it's speed, needing a minimum amount of existing momentum before it can stun a player, and it should not magically stop an attack swing that's 75% completed. Killing your horse with fall damage should kill the rider. Horses should also loose maximum speed as they become injured and I'd go as far to say that a horse that takes above a certain % of damage inside a set time should buck it's rider.

The fundamental issue is that horses are just too simplistic a mechanic currently. They confer nothing but advantages and have no real downsides. There's no risk-reward factor of note to how they are designed.

Knight 5111 6864

@smokratez said:
If the anti horse things I build with the toolbox didn't disapear when I pick a different loadout would also help.

The problem with that is that anybody could spam buildables where is needed and then just go back to killing people. Maybe a perk for this to happen would be more balanced?

102 72
  • 30 Jun
 smokratez

@Humble Staff said:

@smokratez said:

The problem with that is that anybody could spam buildables where is needed and then just go back to killing people. Maybe a perk for this to happen would be more balanced?

It would solve horse fuckery. I don't see any other way, if they don't want to nerf horse.