Mordhau

Game ignores mouse input *With proof*

5 3
  • 26 Jun
 Potominkus

I've been having problems with the game not inputting my mouse clicks since release. I have used 4 different mice and different USB ports.

I have since got too annoyed to just pretend it doesn't exist and tried to at least prove if it's me or the game and here's what I found -

At the end of the gameplay clip you can see my look up to start an overhead chamber but instead just stand there and look at the incoming weapon. I was running a Macro recorded at the same time as the gameplay and it records me scrolling (my overhead bind) being inputted 5 times.

Here is a picture of the macro recording https://imgur.com/a/bk5LRrn

So this is clearly a game problem. What can I do about it?

Knight 394 850
  • 27 Jun
 Alphonse

There's some reports about this issue already.

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/17625/input-key-queue-bug-delay-with-trust-attack
https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/18162/input-delay-bug-wtf-is-going-on/

@marox replied in one of them so hopefully they're still looking into it. Great thing you managed to capture another video proof.

In my experience this happens with not just stabs (i.e., mouse wheel attacks) but with any other thing. I will try to queue a combo and nothing happens, or just feint to avoid hitting a teammate, and nothing; or a FTP and nothing happens. Some times it must be my own fault (I'm in recovery or I missed the feint window), sometimes it might be due to my framerate dipping (in Frontline), but even if there's some client lag, it shouldn't just completely ignore my input.

5 3
  • 28 Jun
 Potominkus

So is there nothing that can help? Just a game bug? Have devs acknowledged it?

Count 235 263

Are you running more than one monitor or running the game in windows mode? There is an issue where at certain points in the game, the mouse curse will go beyond the gaming window thus effectively ALT+TABing you out of game until you move the cursor back into the gaming area and clicking.

376 402

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
Are you running more than one monitor or running the game in windows mode? There is an issue where at certain points in the game, the mouse curse will go beyond the gaming window thus effectively ALT+TABing you out of game until you move the cursor back into the gaming area and clicking.

i run the game in exclusive fullscreen (by clicking "apply" in options immediately after starting the game. who knows why it works like this) and this shit still happens lol

Count 235 263

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

i run the game in exclusive fullscreen (by clicking "apply" in options immediately after starting the game. who knows why it works like this) and this shit still happens lol

I think you missed my question. Do you have more than one monitor? I believe the game is using Universal keybinds where windows can temporarily take control of mouse input if the cursor goes outside of the game window regardelss if it is full screen.

376 402

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:

I think you missed my question. Do you have more than one monitor? I believe the game is using Universal keybinds where windows can temporarily take control of mouse input if the cursor goes outside of the game window regardelss if it is full screen.

yep! i can't click outside of the window though in exclusive fullscreen (unlike the default fullscreen the game launches in, which is basically a fake borderless windowed fullscreen), so i figured being in exclusive fullscreen would mitigate that issue, but apparently not

i also don't think many ppl realize the game isn't actually using exclusive fullscreen until you click apply after launch every time...

5 3
  • 3 Jul
 Potominkus

Yes I nave more than one monitor on. But I am in fullscreen.

Count 235 263

@Potominkus said:

Yes I nave more than one monitor on. But I am in fullscreen.

Yes I have the exact same issues with mouse clicking out of game. I posted in the Bug Report page about it. Not sure if they are aware of the issues and or how to resolve it, but I am sure it is tied to windows.

417 144

@Potominkus said:
I've been having problems with the game not inputting my mouse clicks since release. I have used 4 different mice and different USB ports.

I have since got too annoyed to just pretend it doesn't exist and tried to at least prove if it's me or the game and here's what I found -

At the end of the gameplay clip you can see my look up to start an overhead chamber but instead just stand there and look at the incoming weapon. I was running a Macro recorded at the same time as the gameplay and it records me scrolling (my overhead bind) being inputted 5 times.

Here is a picture of the macro recording https://imgur.com/a/bk5LRrn

So this is clearly a game problem. What can I do about it?

same thing happens when i go for a stab and my mouse decides to do a overhead instead or vice versa or even better swinging without any touch to he scroller

Duke 5453 12895
  • 10 Jul
 Jax — Community Manager

we know it exists, looking into it

417 144

@Jax said:

good deal thanks Jax

195 80

I've had similar problems in several games with my xbox controller plugged into USB. Could it be that or another usb device overriding mouse control? Maybe even something as odd as a printer?
Windows (?) will take the xbox controller as default for some games if available. (?)

Count 235 263

@PC_Principal said:
I've had similar problems in several games with my xbox controller plugged into USB. Could it be that or another usb device overriding mouse control? Maybe even something as odd as a printer?
Windows (?) will take the xbox controller as default for some games if available. (?)

Yes that is the case with game controllers being used in PC games specially if there is no dedicated controller support in the game. Thus Windows will get confused. In the case of Mordhau, it is not taking exclusive, sole control of the mouse inputs and it is still connected to Windows.

161 74

@Jax said:

Holy smokes he responded!

glad you guys are looking into it.
Great job Jax,
now if you'd only respond to my pm about a topic getting pinned...

195 80

guess how many of those they get lol

Count 235 263

@THE-REAL-WARSAW said:

@Jax said:

Holy smokes he responded!

glad you guys are looking into it.
Great job Jax,
now if you'd only respond to my pm about a topic getting pinned...

@PC_Principal said:
guess how many of those they get lol

JAX is only one guy and the devs are very limited in number. Keep in mind they get hundreds if not thousands of PMs and posts a day. So be patient as you can....

195 80

Warsaw: It's wrong to ask a mod (let alone community manager) to pin your topic. It's just wrong. They can do it if they feel your topic deserves it. No reply is better than an angry reply sometimes. I wouldn't answer that PM either.

Only jax can receive PMs? I'm sure some of the others can too.

161 74

@PC_Principal said:
Warsaw: It's wrong to ask a mod (let alone community manager) to pin your topic. It's just wrong. They can do it if they feel your topic deserves it. No reply is better than an angry reply sometimes. I wouldn't answer that PM either.

Only jax can receive PMs? I'm sure some of the others can too.

Sry not reading and pinning it would be a silly mistake on their part.

Literally every server in the game is exactly the same,
not the case on our modded server which offers a way more fun epic way to play which honestly this community needs right now not the Aunt Jemima patch.

I feel getting a post about 1 of the only epic modded servers in mordhau would take precedence and should be more important than the 1 that's pinned at the top about the dumb fkn lutebot midi, that literally serves no purpose and just takes players away from actually playing the game.

if you cant understand that then I don't know what to tell you...

5 3
  • 16 Jul
 Potominkus

@Jax said:

Can you "look" faster? It seems to occur more on fuller, laggier servers. I've also noticed that sometimes it happens i go below 120 fps. Maybe related to FPS?