Mordhau

There is a serious problem with the labelling of server locations

534 287
  • 26 Jun '19
 Gambit

36 servers titled Sydney are in the US.
16 servers titled Strasbourg are actually located in Germany

These are the only ones I could easily find, but with the amount of reports about East and West coast NA servers being incorrectly labelled too, I can't imagine what the actual total is. This is probably the cause of a lot of the threads complaining about high ping and packet loss, and it has been going on for a few weeks so it would be good to hear an official response.

I have a signature

1909 1998
  • 26 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

At that point they probably should just hire you to improve their server browser and management.

30 46
  • 26 Jun '19
 Treusturm

Yeah, the Frankfurt servers I checked were located in France. Still servers have high ping and packet loss even for its true location.

81 31
  • 26 Jun '19
 de.tail

I think I've only been on one server where my ping was in green & that was a duel server - don't remember which one. Every other server I've joined says 60-90 ping, but when I'm on those servers my ping always ends up somewhere around 90-120 with random spikes up to 300+ & packet loss warnings.

58 69
  • 26 Jun '19
 PartyClass

@de.tail said:
I think I've only been on one server where my ping was in green & that was a duel server - don't remember which one. Every other server I've joined says 60-90 ping, but when I'm on those servers my ping always ends up somewhere around 90-120 with random spikes up to 300+ & packet loss warnings.

Dual servers are private and may be hosted much closer to you

81 31
  • 26 Jun '19
 de.tail

@PartyClass said:

@de.tail said:

Dual servers are private and may be hosted much closer to you

You'd think the ones that say "ES" in the titles would be decent ping for me, but even those I often end up with 70+++ ping. Personally I think it's to do with my ISP. Maybe bouncing the data around a bit too much which is making my latency/ping higher than it should be. I'd love to change to a new ISP, but there's a very limited selection where I am as I only have access to DSL, as I live just outside of town & there's no phone lines.