Mordhau

New Game Mode: Barracks (Frontline but purchasing weapons and no weapon drops)

175 117

New Mode: Barracks

Team Death Match/Frontline but with horde loadouts (no starting gear) and team colours, with no weapon drops and weapons placed at the spawn (The Barracks) for purchase with points from kills.
Current multiple spawn nodes from frontline can be implemented, but weapons and armor are purchased from racks/tables at each teams first spawn.

I think that would be better instead of redoing UI or making a whole new UI just for the mode to purchase, when you could still get that "feeling" of buying from a shop when all the weapons and armour are kept at spawn for purchase in a barracks so to speak. It would be much easier to implement too.

Everyone could start with say, 500 gold to buy light equipment and weapons first and weapons persist through death but are not dropped.

Upvote if you want to see this! or post in the comments if you'd like to change anything

10 16
  • 24 Jun '19
 Sarnath

You got my hopes up I thought this was real lol

Knight 498 952
  • 24 Jun '19
 wierHL

That's actually a good point, the buy system with models on the map already works for Horde mode. Less weapons lying around might also benefit framerate.

175 117
58 68
  • 25 Jun '19
 PartyClass

I'm interested!

I would personally love a DM match that acts like 'Gun Game', where you start with something like a dagger, and the final weapon is a carrot or pen knife along the progression chain.

111 54
  • 25 Jun '19
 yvesgomes

Sounds like Counter Strike. Don't you worry it would snowball much harder than veteran with bloodlust who picks a Zwei?

175 117

@yvesgomes said:
Sounds like Counter Strike. Don't you worry it would snowball much harder than veteran with bloodlust who picks a Zwei?

Theres no perks in horde loadouts, so its no dramas

175 117

Bumptydoodledoo

Knight 498 952
  • 26 Jun '19
 wierHL

It sounds neat, but I think for now the devs want to focus on improving frontline and making that push-style map. Probably won't be seen until much later.

175 117

Please devs we need pvp game modes with no weapon drops & buyable items

175 117

Necrod for consideration

175 117

Triternion this game mode would be a great addition for skill based play. Think Horde mode but mixed with Last Team Standing.

Every round the last survivors of the previous round would have more gold to stronger weapons and armor in the later rounds purchasable at the Barracks where each team spawns.