Mordhau

Make leg armor not useless

20 38
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

@Deadmode said:
No, I’m just the kind of guy who could hit you in your legs if I wanted to.

Stay mad bro.

And with my extra speed and big zwei I can beat the rest of the server who can't.

777 1029

I like the idea of firepots doing less damage to heavy legs. It makes sense and seems perfectly balanced.

Light legs make you faster and quieter, heavy legs should make you slower and harder to kill. But they just make you slower and louder and worse in some other aspect where you took the points from.

The only time I notice a difference between them is when I let myself get hit down there by an executioner sword.

90 78
  • 24 Jun
 SushiFish

While some others are just here to shit on your post, I could say that I think it would be a nice addition if leg armor had an impact on kick damage for example, but it can't be too much since that'd just make it obnoxious.

Leg armor is important when you are up against a skilled opponent, since they will know to aim for your legs since that's the current weakpoint you have when you sacrifice leg armor in favor for better weapons combined with tier 3 head and chest.

I also totally agree that it is very obscure to see which leg tier the opponent got due to just how much the customization can be abused both intentionally and not, and these 'spy' roleplays we have had with specific armor pieces and the logo being painted blue is a big example of how customization can be abused to a hilarious extent.

I wish sometimes that there were an option to disable everything except the armor pieces that matters, restricted to head, chest and legs...but perhaps have some 'default' for the foot, arms and etc so that the player wouldn't just look naked.

382 575
  • 24 Jun
 smug

It's because no one uses the lower diagonal strikes literally.

20 38
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

I would very much like to see that overhead into the legs move, and I don't mean against a friend in a sparring match but in a frontline match.

523 566
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

@Gatordile said:
I would very much like to see that overhead into the legs move, and I don't mean against a friend in a sparring match but in a frontline match.

Botas mode engaged.

113 79

@smug said:
It's because no one uses the lower diagonal strikes literally.

I drag them a fair amount and have some success in duels

382 575
  • 25 Jun
 smug

they are only good for doing wessex drags and the odd accel and most people aren't skilled enough to do wessex drags period. you just get way more options out of the other strikes ESPECIALLY overheads.

132 167
  • 25 Jun
 Atlas-D

@ToLazy4Name said:
All of the t0 and t1 options are very easy to spot. Idk what issue you are having.

I agree with this. I kill many a player with overhead accels to their unarmored legs nowadays. Makes a lot of kills much easier than usual.

Knight 46 66

Leg armor already weighs half as much as equivalent head and body armor for determining movement speed. I like the idea of reduced fire damage. I’d also suggest t3 legs are not rag dolled by bear traps, just take the current damage.

T3 needs a little more mechanical usefulness to really make it worth taking over 2 besides for fashion points and cosplay.

90 107

I feel like Tier 2 legs are the best bang for your buck and tier 3 legs are usually not worth it if you're on a budget in the slightest.

Tier 3 chest is a lot stronger than tier 2. Tier 3 helmets are also pretty minor compared to tier 1 in melee, but at least it's a significant difference for ranged weapons (especially Javelins holy fuck).