Mordhau

Make leg armor not useless

20 38
  • 3
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

Right now everyone is sacrificing leg armor to get more points for better weapons, especially T3 legs. You get way more value for points on the other armor slots. Chest armor covers more of the body while the head is easier to see what armor they have.
It is much difficult to determine leg armor as many cover it up with longskirts. There are some changes that can make leg armor worth spending points on like:

  • Make fire pots deal less damage to heavier leg armor.

  • Remove stagger from horses and from getting knocked down parrying coached weapons when wearing t3 armor.

  • Increase kick damage when wearing heavier armor. T3 should also be able to knock down no leg armored players with a kick.

  • Reduce movement penalty when wearing heavier leg armor.

  • Make huntsman perk able to also affect legs.

Knight 26 21
  • 24 Jun
 ExecuDoge

I like the less damage from firepots and the increase in kick damage for T3 legs ideas.
Instead of removing stagger/flinch from horses I think horses should instead be slowed more based on heavier armour -> horses really need to be punished more for charging groups of people. The heavier you are the more you slow horses when they hit you.

Your other ideas seem a bit too strong imo.

Knight 7684 14093
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

They already buffed leg hits a patch or two ago. Alot of weapons 1 shot t0 legs and against t1 you can often lower your htk by targeting them.

20 38
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

@ToLazy4Name said:
They already buffed leg hits a patch or two ago. Alot of weapons 1 shot t0 legs and against t1 you can often lower your htk by targeting them.

A lot of weapons can oneshot t0 helmet too. The difference is that it's easier to see what type of armor is on the head and target than the legs.

Knight 7684 14093

All of the t0 and t1 options are very easy to spot. Idk what issue you are having.

20 38
Knight 7684 14093
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

Yes, in combat where their legs are moving and not in a cherry picked image it is pretty easy to tell.

20 38
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

In combat you usually don't look below the waist of the opponent most of the time unless you like men.

1420 1499

So you just need to learn to like men and the problem is solved?

523 566
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

@Gatordile said:
In combat you usually don't look below the waist of the opponent most of the time unless you like men.

You should be checking leg armour in case it’s something you can exploit.

20 38
  • 1
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

@Deadmode said:
You should be checking leg armour in case it’s something you can exploit.

You are usually face to face with an opponent. So even if you do know that he has no leg armor it will still be hard to hit the legs.

20 38
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

And apparently alot means 2
Untitled.png

523 566
  • 1
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

@Gatordile said:

@Deadmode said:
You should be checking leg armour in case it’s something you can exploit.

You are usually face to face with an opponent. So even if you do know that he has no leg armor it will still be hard to hit the legs.

Drags, underhands and low slashes are your friend.

20 38
  • 1
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

@Deadmode said:
Drags, underhands and low slashes are your friend.

Which are harder to do than stabbing, slashing, overhead, etc. on the head

523 566
  • 2
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

If an OH drag can get past the parry, you can hit the legs with the same move. Just drag it round their body and back into the legs.

If a drag will beat their parry, aim it at their legs when slashing or just UH drag.

It’s harder than doing no swing manipulation at all, yes, but that’s how you do it, and why separates a better player.

EDIT: watch any good BA or WA player try and exploit legs.

20 38
  • 1
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

@Deadmode said:
If an OH drag can get past the parry, you can hit the legs with the same move. Just drag it round their body and back into the legs.

If a drag will beat their parry, aim it at their legs when slashing or just UH drag.

It’s harder than doing no swing manipulation at all, yes, but that’s how you do it, and why separates a better player.

EDIT: watch any good BA or WA player try and exploit legs.

Again which is harder to do than just simply attacking the chest/head. Which is why players will prioritize spending points on them instead of legs.

Also

If an OH drag can get past the parry, you can hit the legs with the same move. Just drag it round their body and back into the legs.

Do you seriously expect anyone to do this in any other mode than duel servers?

523 566
  • 1
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

@Gatordile said:
Again which is harder to do than just simply attacking the chest/head. Which is why players will prioritize spending points on them instead of legs.

Good players will exploit legs. You can get away with spending points elsewhere, but against a better player, you have taken a risk.

@Gatordile said:

If an OH drag can get past the parry, you can hit the legs with the same move. Just drag it round their body and back into the legs.

Do you seriously expect anyone to do this in any other mode than duel servers?

Yes?

Seriously, the OH move I described literally requires you to move the mouse a little left and right alongside the up/down. It’s not rocket science.

As with all other moves on the combat system; with enough practice many will become more subconscious and muscle memory.

Also, if that type of OH is a little difficult to pull off, UHs will chop legs happily.

20 38
  • 24 Jun
 Gatordile

Well this is going nowhere. You seem to be the kind of guy who defended the ballerina dance moves in chiv.

Knight 7684 14093
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@Gatordile said:
Well this is going nowhere. You seem to be the kind of guy who defended the ballerina dance moves in chiv.

Lmao there it is, the mad shows itself

523 566
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

@Gatordile said:
Well this is going nowhere. You seem to be the kind of guy who defended the ballerina dance moves in chiv.

No, I’m just the kind of guy who could hit you in your legs if I wanted to.

Stay mad bro.