TheEmeraldBowman

1653 2094

@SirZombiethe3rd said:

@Doggo said:

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
Archer footage plox

*Delet archers from game tbh

*There won't be archers, just people with bows imho

Well historically in Europe an archers job was not only to shoot. Games tend to force the archer to be pretty wimpy by way of having bad weapons and armor. Mordhau is just going to fix that and not make an archer a pussyfoot mouthbreather given that you can still be effective in melee and function as light infantry as well as a missile troop.

Anyone could be a Bowman, an Archer was a military Bowman I believe

195 132
  • 28 Dec '16
 DOESNOTCOMPUTE

bowmen are queers.

1653 2094

@DOESNOTCOMPUTE said:
bowmen are queers.

130530121104-mary-rose-skeleton-horizontal-gallery

Yes, yes. Very weak and queer tbh fam.

1562 899
  • 29 Dec '16
 vanguard

@TheEmeraldArcher said:

@SirZombiethe3rd said:

@Doggo said:

@TheEmeraldArcher said:
Archer footage plox

*Delet archers from game tbh

*There won't be archers, just people with bows imho

Well historically in Europe an archers job was not only to shoot. Games tend to force the archer to be pretty wimpy by way of having bad weapons and armor. Mordhau is just going to fix that and not make an archer a pussyfoot mouthbreather given that you can still be effective in melee and function as light infantry as well as a missile troop.

Anyone could be a Bowman, an archer was a military bowman I believe

Idk man, I would love to see archers nerfed into oblivion, that they are in the game as a "just to be there" thing you know, to avoid a huge outcry of "muh realism". Projectiles in a melee game are full cancer tbh, especially if they got good melee as well. In DW everyone had projectiles and projectiles was parriable, but it was cancer anyways because once you are engaged in a fight, you are not paying attention to that cunt on the other side of the map sniping your ass, or randon vicking out of fucking nowhere throwing shields in your face. Its like free damage/flinch I take, wtf

I still don't see how they can balance it, its essentialy cancer. If there is something that this game risks hard in doing wrong like chiv did, this something is fucking archers. If I was a dev, I would nerf bows and this kind of shit into oblivion, and force people to melee. Like, making it useless in comp or whatever, just a thing to make casuals feel happy about muh medieval realism you see. Like, needed 4 head shots in a armored guy to kill him sort of thing, borderline useless.

Point being, I fucking hate projectiles, its cancer no matter what, until proven otherwise. And Idk how they can not be cancer in a realistic setting.

Its like, im having this epic fight, 1v3 and I'm winning, and there is this cancer bowman fucking with me from far away reducing my chances of winning, while I can't effectivelly fuck him back, best bet being parrying his arrows and yet, this is only a deffensive move. I wanna kill that cunt but I can't do anything about it, I'm forced into deffensive without a opportunity to change the game. Completely unfair and cancer. Ranged combat should never be invented in the first place tbh, modern armies should still be using melee imo.

I guess this is the advantage of Mirage over Mordhau, the fact its fantasy might make easier to balance this situation, where ranged have obviously advantage over melee. In a fantasy setting, I can parry his "arrow" and make that shit go back right into his face, or I might combo into a fireball that will hit him from afar, while keeping my initiative in melee. Attack morph into fireball! Its a good solution imo. Makes possible to 1vN+ranged. Maybe if we can combo into throw the weapon, idk, or attack morph into throw or some shit like this. Anyways, still cancer as I see it. Adds nothing fun to the game, in fact, adds a fuckton of problems with no obvious solution.

Fuck I'm drunk, I shoudlnt post drunk specially about archers

1653 2094

I think you forget you can riposte and then have the active parry effect off the arrow vanguard

573 611
  • 29 Dec '16
 Carlo_Mano

Chiv without archers would suck. Yes it's raging when you get sniped after winning a 3vs1 fight. But you have archers on your team too, and if they don't counter the archers wiping out the footmen, that's because they're not doing their job, so blame your own team...
Also, someone stupid enough to run in a straight line towards an archer while bravely screaming deserves an arrow in the face.

IMHO it adds dept. Cause when you fight and see an archer afar, you have to take cover while defending yourself, then kill the guy and outflank the bitch. And in TO, archers are an important part of the strategy.

And they are nerfed enough, they get killed in one hit.