Mordhau

remove floor impacts for all weapons JESUS CHRIST.

523 566
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
"What happens when you dig too deep on a golf swing? That’s right, the head strikes the dirt hard and kills the swing. Same here. "

sure it fucks with the swing, but it doesn't stop it in its tracks... so that's a flawed analysis.

It sure as hell doesn’t carry on forwards.

Still, the point of it being a gameplay punishment still stands and so does my advice of controlling your swings better.

Mechanic is fine imo.

247 143

@Deadmode said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
"What happens when you dig too deep on a golf swing? That’s right, the head strikes the dirt hard and kills the swing. Same here. "

sure it fucks with the swing, but it doesn't stop it in its tracks... so that's a flawed analysis.

It sure as hell doesn’t carry on forwards.

Still, the point of it being a gameplay punishment still stands and so does my advice of controlling your swings better.

Mechanic is fine imo.

it might not carry on forwards in the direction you intended, but it does carry forwards in an unexpected direction.
try it with a stick irl if you don't believe me; the stick will simply scrape against the ground and lose momentum, but its still going forward.
and in regards to overheads stopping in their tracks when they impact the ground behind the character; i'd be surprised if you can replicate that IRL, since that would take exceptional skill.. or lack thereof.. i don't know which.

29 12
  • 24 Jun
 ZyklonBen

Hahahaha this fucking idiots are even mad that their retarded swings with their nose to the ground hit the ground...

"I am mad that while swinging with my nose to the ground i can actually hit the ground"

LOL

247 143

@ZyklonBen said:
Hahahaha this fucking idiots are even mad that their retarded swings with their nose to the ground hit the ground...

"I am mad that while swinging with my nose to the ground i can actually hit the ground"

LOL

if you read the post, you'd notice that i wasn't complaining that i couldn't swing while looking directly at the ground, but rather that my weapons are blocked by irregular terrain even when i just look straight forward and make a wrong (underhand) swing with i.e a spear.
or ducking and overheading while looking up slightly with the zweihander/greatsword also stop those in their track.
i simply used the war axe as an example of a weapon with which you CAN look down, swing, and succeed without impacting the ground.

Knight 2240 4025
  • 24 Jun
 Runagate

Yeah, that's one of the advantages of a shorter reach.

29 12
  • 24 Jun
 ZyklonBen

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ZyklonBen said:

LOL

if you read the post, you'd notice that i wasn't complaining that i couldn't swing while looking directly at the ground, but rather that my weapons are blocked by irregular terrain even when i just look straight forward and make a wrong (underhand) swing with i.e a spear.
or ducking and overheading while looking up slightly with the zweihander/greatsword also stop those in their track.
i simply used the war axe as an example of a weapon with which you CAN look down, swing, and succeed without impacting the ground.

You really have no fucking idea how comical your complaints are ahahahahahahaaha

Baron 1601 5082
  • 24 Jun
 Lincs

I've literally never had this happen to me unless I was already looking at the ground, dude. Sounds to me like you're doing some spooky spinebending 3rd person sorcery...

29 12
  • 24 Jun
 ZyklonBen

@Lincs said:
I've literally never had this happen to me unless I was already looking at the ground, dude. Sounds to me like you're doing some spooky spinebending 3rd person sorcery...

Yes, and people have the balls to defend this shitty ass system, obviously some people are breaking too far the game mechanics.

Baron 1601 5082
  • 24 Jun
 Lincs

@ZyklonBen said:

@Lincs said:

Yes, and people have the balls to defend this shitty ass system, obviously some people are breaking too far the game mechanics.

Nobody's breaking the game mechanics lmao, I'm not on your side dude

Just because this guy might be using third person and trying to ground sniff (looked down upon) doesn't mean the game's mechanics are broken. You're both complaining about problems that don't matter or exist

529 278

@ToLazy4Name said:
no then I couldn't just hit the ground and save my stamina on a miss

Which is kind of a shit tactic really. Another semi-exploit meta everyone seems to be fine with. Fire some neurons in your head please. This game needs a lot of changes.

529 278

be neat if we could delete our post......... double posted.

Knight 7643 14027
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

you autists want an entire rework of the game, it's not gonna happen lmao

111 53
  • 24 Jun
 yvesgomes

Maybe hitting the map should drain as much stamina as a whiff. Just gotta make sure it doesn't apply to hitting destructible things or repairing things.

29 12
  • 24 Jun
 ZyklonBen

@Lincs said:

@ZyklonBen said:

@Lincs said:

Nobody's breaking the game mechanics lmao, I'm not on your side dude

Just because this guy might be using third person and trying to ground sniff (looked down upon) doesn't mean the game's mechanics are broken. You're both complaining about problems that don't matter or exist

Well you indirectly are on my side you are just too stupid to understand it.

67 92
  • 25 Jun
 SoRoofless

It’s true, you’d have to be some kind of athletic retard to hit your weapon against the ground, barring any strange slope situation.

11 26
  • 25 Jun
 Salted

One argument I would like to make that will nullify your post and argument; I would like to see you in real life swinging a zweihander or even a spear in tight space. Let's see how you deal with it. Doubt you would even pull off an entire swing.You got a long ass fuck weapon, you need to respect it and know it's limitations. Know your surroundings.

Baron 664 1302
  • 25 Jun
 PJ_Ammas

*firing neurons*

Okay what if we don't try to golf swing with 5-6 foot long weapons because fucking obviously that isn't gonna work

Baron 664 1302
  • 25 Jun
 PJ_Ammas

I fired a couple more neurons and had an even better idea. Make the characters taller so no one can hit the ground.

bjchdwbjchebdcx.png

1400 1466

It's a good idea but it would buff kicks too much.

King 48 59
  • 25 Jun
 SkyCaptain

the most weapons with reach have allready a alt. grip to prevent it, right?

i dunno. i don't see a issue here.