Mordhau

remove floor impacts for all weapons JESUS CHRIST.

247 145

because walls are bad enough, and realistically the ground behind you wouldn't cancel your swing if somehow you managed to hit it during an under/overhead swing... no fucking wonder everyone stabs when half the weapons in the game cancels their swings upon impact with the ground behind your character if you duck or look up during over/underhand swings...

i just tested this tonight and its actually absurd how some weapons (like the war axe) can be swung while looking directly at the ground (semi-crouching) and other weapons cancel out even without ducking just because the swing happens in the wrong maneuver, a maneuver that is automatic unless you bind your swing keys to like 5 different buttons AND remember to switch sides with another button entirely.

major sinners:
Spear
Zweihander
Halbard
Greatsword

are you gonna tell me that my fucking warrior gets these weapons stuck in the ground to the point it CANCELS HIS SWING ENTIRELY just because his weapon hits the ground behind him?... so you're telling me that while using these weapons, i won't be able to duck to dodge incoming attacks, because its simply too risky due to the fucking ground cancelling my hit ENTIRELY, not even just reducing the swing speed or the damage, no a complete CANCEL of my attack?!.....

RIDICULOUS!
as if the swing tracer not working on windup, with implemented glancing blows on top of that, wouldn't be enough to solve the reverse overhead faggotry problem?? i can't even duck, look up, and underhand swing with like ANY of the long weapons in the game?...

i guess its war axe from here on out LMAO.

247 145

sorry for the spergout but god dangit bobby... its so frustrating to lose a duel because the ground tilts up a little higher at your given position than it did during your previous (same type of) swing.

Knight 7658 14051
  • 23 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

no then I couldn't just hit the ground and save my stamina on a miss

82 89
  • 24 Jun
 Xanith

I agree, or at least adjust the sensitivity if possible. I felt like Chivalry handled this well where you could carry a sidearm with big weapons or if you had enough clearance past a certain point your weapon wouldn't bounce but you'd lose a lot of stamina so you could at least stand a chance in cluttered areas.

Super obnoxious losing a 1vx because your weapon bounces off of some random geometry or you're slightly too close to a wall.

King 48 59
  • 24 Jun
 SkyCaptain

the battle axe gets mentioned quite alot now, what was the reach on it again?
seems it has the right balance for a very strong 2H.

247 145

@SkyCaptain said:
the battle axe gets mentioned quite alot now, what was the reach on it again?
seems it has the right balance for a very strong 2H.

by now most people have figured out that war axe almost never collides with walls or the ground (even when you look down directly at it and swing, it won't hit the ground, and same for walls; you gotta literally hug it to collide) on top of that it swings really fast for very high damage (2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot) and its reach ain't too bad... it basically has no drawbacks. every other weapon i can mention has some type of flaw that is counterable, like the zweihander being slow and clunky or the greatsword doing low damage or the maul being unable to combo and being really slow.

Knight 26 21
  • 24 Jun
 ExecuDoge

I dislike hitting the wall behind me with medium/long reach weps if im standing right in front of it, even when using stabs

Knight 7658 14051
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
(2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot)

War axe does not 1 shot t3 helmet. The only melee weapon that can do that is maul.

Knight 2243 4030
  • 24 Jun
 Runagate

Just, like, don't hit the ground? Stop doing underhands or max lookup overheads if you keep hitting the floor with long weapons lmao, it's an intended disadvantage of longer reach

247 145

@ExecuDoge said:
I dislike hitting the wall behind me with medium/long reach weps if im standing right in front of it, even when using stabs

i can deal with wall impacts, that's no biggie imo, its the damn ground-based impacts that bug the shit out of me.
i am not asking for a change because i want to do some sort of 1337CH3353weapon setup, it genuinely bothers me that impacting the ground is so inconveniently easy for certain weapons.
i lost more duels to the fact my (long) weapon hits the ground on windup than actual mistakes based on my lack of skill, and i don't count the ground trolling me at random as a lack of skill, since saying otherwise would mean i have to be more aware of the ground level than my opponent, which is pretty retarded once you say it out loud.

Knight 2243 4030
  • 24 Jun
 Runagate

It's not retarded at all though?

247 145

@Runagate said:
It's not retarded at all though?

when you reach a point where you need to be more aware of the ground level than what your opponent is doing, the mechanics have become retarded by definition... and when i say "retarded" its because the word "retarded" is a description for something that develops backwards or detrimentally to the wellbeing of something..

should have probably clarified that, since most people just use the word "retarded" as a substitute for "stupid".

247 145

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
(2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot)

War axe does not 1 shot t3 helmet. The only melee weapon that can do that is maul.

i could have sworn this guy butchered me with 1shots from war axe yesterday though

Knight 63 88
  • 24 Jun
 greyfox

I hope the devs won't follow this stupid claim. If your strike is cancelled by hitting the ground, you simply can't do that strike. Maybe switch to a smaller weapon in some situations if you can't handle this. Not every weapon is meant to work perfectly in every condition. JESUS CHRIST

523 566
  • 2
  • 24 Jun
 Deadmode

I primarily use LS and longer and rarely hit the deck and have never hit a wall with an OH windup.

This sounds more like an issue with how you’re manipulating your swings than an issue with the game.

Longer weapons will hit the ground but that makes sense, seeing as they are long enough to reach it. What happens when you dig too deep on a golf swing? That’s right, the head strikes the dirt hard and kills the swing. Same here.

From a gameplay perspective, it’s punishment for over-manipulation of your swing during the early phase of the attack. If you’re under handing the Zwei whilst groundsniffing and smack the ground, stop groundsniffing. If you really want to drag that UH then introduce the drag rather than start the release with you face looking at your feet.

EDIT: re-read OP and realised that the ground issue must be mostly from UH attacks. If it is happening with the ground on OH then read the pre-edit.

Knight 7658 14051
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
(2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot)

War axe does not 1 shot t3 helmet. The only melee weapon that can do that is maul.

i could have sworn this guy butchered me with 1shots from war axe yesterday though

It 1 shots t0 and t1 head, but not t2 or t3

247 145

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
(2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot)

War axe does not 1 shot t3 helmet. The only melee weapon that can do that is maul.

i could have sworn this guy butchered me with 1shots from war axe yesterday though

It 1 shots t0 and t1 head, but not t2 or t3

are you sure it doesn't 1shot t2?? because now that i think about it, i might have been wearing my sallet (which is T2) and simply misremembering.

247 145

@Deadmode said:
I primarily use LS and longer and rarely hit the deck and have never hit a wall with an OH windup.

This sounds more like an issue with how you’re manipulating your swings than an issue with the game.

Longer weapons will hit the ground but that makes sense, seeing as they are long enough to reach it. What happens when you dig too deep on a golf swing? That’s right, the head strikes the dirt hard and kills the swing. Same here.

From a gameplay perspective, it’s punishment for over-manipulation of your swing during the early phase of the attack. If you’re under handing the Zwei whilst groundsniffing and smack the ground, stop groundsniffing. If you really want to drag that UH then introduce the drag rather than start the release with you face looking at your feet.

EDIT: re-read OP and realised that the ground issue must be mostly from UH attacks. If it is happening with the ground on OH then read the pre-edit.

"What happens when you dig too deep on a golf swing? That’s right, the head strikes the dirt hard and kills the swing. Same here. "

sure it fucks with the swing, but it doesn't stop it in its tracks... so that's a flawed analysis.

Knight 7658 14051
  • 24 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
(2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot)

War axe does not 1 shot t3 helmet. The only melee weapon that can do that is maul.

i could have sworn this guy butchered me with 1shots from war axe yesterday though

It 1 shots t0 and t1 head, but not t2 or t3

are you sure it doesn't 1shot t2?? because now that i think about it, i might have been wearing my sallet (which is T2) and simply misremembering.

I'm 100% sure. I use war axe very often. T2 helmet requires a maul to 1 shot as well.

247 145

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
(2 shots 3/3/3 plate, 1 shot 3/3/3 plate on headshot)

War axe does not 1 shot t3 helmet. The only melee weapon that can do that is maul.

i could have sworn this guy butchered me with 1shots from war axe yesterday though

It 1 shots t0 and t1 head, but not t2 or t3

are you sure it doesn't 1shot t2?? because now that i think about it, i might have been wearing my sallet (which is T2) and simply misremembering.

I'm 100% sure. I use war axe very often. T2 helmet requires a maul to 1 shot as well.

alright, my mistake