Mordhau

Counterstrike style buy system: too legit to quit?

94 105
  • 23 Jun '19
 SoRoofless

I feel like essentially copy pasting counterstrikes round based objective game mode with no respawns and a buy system would work well in Mordhau. Upvote if you agree, or discuss below!

182 125

@SoRoofless said:
I feel like essentially copy pasting counterstrikes round based objective game mode with no respawns and a buy system would work well in Mordhau. Upvote if you agree, or discuss below!

If this were implemented as a mode it would be great. Basically Team Death Match but with horde loadouts and team colours, with weapons strewn across the map, or placed at the spawn for purchase with points from kills.

I think that would be better instead of redoing UI or making a whole new UI just for the mode to purchase, when you could still get that "feeling" of buying from a shop when all the weapons and armour are kept at spawn for purchase in a barracks so to speak. It would be much easier to implement too.

Everyone could start with say, 500 gold to buy light equipment and weapons first and weapons persist through death but are not dropped.

Any ideas for a game mode name?

534 287
  • 23 Jun '19
 Gambit

This could be cool for a Skirmish style mode.

I have a signature

113 80

It's all fun and games until the lvl 100 guy gets his hands on a battle axe

717 605

would only really work with some sort of skill-based matchmaking, otherwise it'd just be one dude stomping the other team 90% of the time

i do like the idea of adding actual e-sport logistics to this game though. face-it pro league when

404 607
  • 24 Jun '19
 smug

i love the round where everyone is mashing the q button to abuse the sanic speed 1h feint animations.

It would be cool to have an economy centric mode in Mordhau, but the game just isn't interesting outside of a handful of weapons. The 2h elitism might only be half truth, but the game truly only shines when you have a 2h equipped.

Conscript 152 276
  • 24 Jun '19
 Kaiowa

Buy system + objectives as an alternate win condition could make for an interesting 5vs5 Skirmish in the upcoming ranked modes. It'd surely make the game more appealing for e-sports.

King 48 59
  • 24 Jun '19
 SkyCaptain

Bastard Sword = M4A1
Messer = AK47
AWP = Maul

can't wait for the eco rounds

Knight 936 952