Mordhau

(Dev response?) Women, Immersion & Realism? Historical cosmetic toggle and implementing community developed cosmetics when modding tools releases.

240 157

@de.tail said:
My point is that if modding support is added in via steam workshop then you lot are pissing & moaning about bugger all as workshop items tend to only affect the player playing the game that has said mods installed & not the server, unless the server owners implement specific mod requirements to their server.

It all sounds like a huge waste of time having the devs focus on sorting out stuff like that to me, as where does it end? It would be impractical for them to sift through & organize third party submitted mods, weapons, skins, cosmetics, etc. & what's to stop the people submitting them from incorrectly tagging them?

It actually saves the devs a lot of work of actually making content. Chivalry did this with great success, and as the community submitted mods were added into the game files everybody saw them and there was no need to download them from the steam workshop.

As for content creators incorrectly tagging cosmetics which are submitted, that is easily resolved by having the developers tag any submitted content, it would be up to their review and discretion. Yes they have extra work to look at community submitted content and tag it, its still less work than creating new and additional content from scratch, and this provides the way to deliver more content in the game for everyone for significantly less cost in the production of 3D assets once modding tools releases.

240 157
4 0
  • 9 Aug '19
 Kawachi-川内

Mordhau is extremly good game , as a rank 90I am, I can talk about it, the drags arent realistic thing, a lot of thing are simply not realistic, but women will not tease the inmersion in the game, I can do a bibble about not realistic things, in battlefield V u can spawn as a black person fighting against germany with a STG44(german weapon) I dont complain , a 100% realistic game isnt fun, thats the point I want to reach.
I'd like to know if they add an option to turn off women and do them random men customization. Thats only if they release women...

54 58
  • 9 Aug '19
 freygeist

@SWSeriousMike said:

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
couching a carrot and slashing through plate is still more realistic than wahmyn in armor, wielding big ass swords double their size.

What world do you live in, dude? It really sounds amazing.

Most people still live in the real world, where women are by nature physically weaker then men, so nobody needs them a game about medieval warfare, its called common sense. Ever heard of that before? But i think i know the reason why a creature like you, wants woman in a game about warfare, where you can mutilate them, hear their screams and all. It makes you feel powerful, doesnt it? Why dont include children, that would make you feel even more powerful, you sick weirdo.

2017 2105
  • 9 Aug '19
 SWSeriousMike

lol

You should rename yourself to Geistfrey.

23 11
  • 9 Aug '19
 BenitoMussolini

battlefield 1 isn't a realistic game at all, you can parachute 1 meter before touching ground and use a machine gun with an armor like a supersoldier, but they still cared about immersion, you can see it in the maps, the effects, sounds and uniforms.

not having realistic mechanics in the game doesn't mean it's unrealistic enough to add every trash that comes up in your mind, at this point we should add dragons and magic wands if there is 0 realism for you

57 128
  • 9 Aug '19
 RifleInfantry

If it's Steam Workshop mods I couldn't care less. Custom character models and voice assets inevitably would result in a wave of furries, Shreks, and meme content, around which female characters will not be particularly notable.

As a development effort however I would prefer they wait. Voicework and crafting entirely new models (and making sure they play nice with existing clothing and armor assets) is not cheap to accomplish. There are balance issues and actual gameplay content (maps, weapons, etc.) to be had.

1697 1292
  • 9 Aug '19
 esturias

@RifleInfantry said:
If it's Steam Workshop mods I couldn't care less. Custom character models and voice assets inevitably would result in a wave of furries, Shreks, and meme content, around which female characters will not be particularly notable.

As a development effort however I would prefer they wait. Voicework and crafting entirely new models (and making sure they play nice with existing clothing and armor assets) is not cheap to accomplish. There are balance issues and actual gameplay content (maps, weapons, etc.) to be had.

^ This. ^

More customisation would be awesome, but placing that before balancing and fixing the game in order to make it (more) playable is just silly. Especially with that developement pace...

957 312
  • 10 Aug '19
 Antoniokontos

@RifleInfantry said:

you read my damn mind i was going to make a Hyena model for the game

957 312
  • 10 Aug '19
 Antoniokontos

@BenitoMussolini said:
battlefield 1 isn't a realistic game at all, you can parachute 1 meter before touching ground and use a machine gun with an armor like a supersoldier, but they still cared about immersion, you can see it in the maps, the effects, sounds and uniforms.

not having realistic mechanics in the game doesn't mean it's unrealistic enough to add every trash that comes up in your mind, at this point we should add dragons and magic wands if there is 0 realism for you

wwi-weird-weapons-32.jpg

1 1
  • 10 Aug '19
 FYRE

I would love to see a Star Wars mod
Not the guns just the lightsabers

29 16

@Antoniokontos said:

@BenitoMussolini said:

wwi-weird-weapons-32.jpg

I know those armors were real, but I'm sure nobody has ever used them like some kind of Juggernaut rushing toward the enemy holding a machine gun like the Heavy from tf2

9 8
  • 10 Aug '19
 jakkre

Most people still live in the real world, where women are by nature physically weaker then men, so nobody needs them a game about medieval warfare, its called common sense. Ever heard of that before?

Meanwhile players are running with red tights and topless over the the battlefield and use pans as a weapon. That seems to be fine but god forbid, a black person or a women in a medieval game, that's sooo historical inaccurate.

23 11
  • 10 Aug '19
 BenitoMussolini

@jakkre said:

Most people still live in the real world, where women are by nature physically weaker then men, so nobody needs them a game about medieval warfare, its called common sense. Ever heard of that before?

Meanwhile players are running with red tights and topless over the the battlefield and use pans as a weapon. That seems to be fine but god forbid, a black person or a women in a medieval game, that's sooo historical inaccurate.

yeah...they're allowed to customize it like that but they're so ineffective they seem to be random villagers who decided to join the fight so they're worthless

9 8
  • 10 Aug '19
 jakkre

yeah...they're allowed to customize it like that but they're so ineffective they seem to be random villagers who decided to join the fight so they're worthless

Worthless? I see naked players with a two hand weapon and the Bloodlust perk that are running around one-shotting everyone and topping the charts like that. As long as the character is a western white male that seems to be fine...

23 11
  • 10 Aug '19
 BenitoMussolini

@jakkre said:

Worthless? I see naked players with a two hand weapon and the Bloodlust perk that are running around one-shotting everyone and topping the charts like that. As long as the character is a western white male that seems to be fine...

that' just the "to be fixed" unbalanced mechanics of the game

1757 1417
  • 10 Aug '19
 Rergato

Why not just play the game if it's good? What do pixelated women or blacks change? Lmfao.

1757 1417
  • 10 Aug '19
 Rergato

I remember when I played through Half Life 2 I was so fucking angry when I saw Alyx Vance. What the fuck is a woman doing in my dystopian universe, weakling

957 312
  • 10 Aug '19
 Antoniokontos

@LoBurattinovuolevino said:

@Antoniokontos said:

@BenitoMussolini said:

wwi-weird-weapons-32.jpg

I know those armors were real, but I'm sure nobody has ever used them like some kind of Juggernaut rushing toward the enemy holding a machine gun like the Heavy from tf2

Then again John Bassilone did it in WW2 and got a Medal of Honor for it so who really knows no ones alive from the war

57 128
  • 10 Aug '19
 RifleInfantry

@Rergato said:
I remember when I played through Half Life 2 I was so fucking angry when I saw Alyx Vance. What the fuck is a woman doing in my dystopian universe, weakling

idk I had the hots for female citizen model #2