Mordhau

Toxicity / trolling will now become worse, thanks to the update

Mercenary 86 109
 VCliff

Is there any good reason why we shouldnt have a very basic chat filter?
(Excluding of course, your god given right to say the n-word, theorycrafting about wrongthink, and not bowing to the ((((SJW Hivemind))).)

Knight 7759 14276

@VCliff said:
Is there any good reason why we shouldnt have a very basic chat filter. (Excluding you god given right to say the n-word and theorycrafting about wrongthink)

Because filters are either ineffective (easy to get around) or they end up impeding chat or getting people in trouble who dindu nuffin (filtering otherwise harmless words).

1550 1617

@ToLazy4Name said:
Because filters are either ineffective (easy to get around) or they end up impeding chat or getting people in trouble who dindu nuffin (filtering otherwise harmless words).

To expand on that: Now if the filter only replaces the banned words it wouldn't impede the chat too much but it also wouldn't address the root problem. It's not some words that are problematic but some people that try their best to ruin the game for others. They won't be thwarted by filters.

Basically you have to weigh the cost against the benefits. And even with a user-toggleable filter I find it reasonable to come to either conclusion.

Knight 7759 14276

Just mute people and if they piss you off that badly then report them take control of your own destiny you weird fucks >:^(

181 165
  • 2 Jul
 Unlikely

@VCliff

Is there any good reason why we shouldnt have a very basic chat filter?

It's an attempt to use a technical solution for a social problem. The behavior that's against the rules is not simply the uttering of particular words, rather, it's hateful messaging, and there are sadly almost infinite ways to express a hateful message without using a particular word. Even if the filter is clever enough to disallow a name like ZyklonBen (who is now banned), or to catch a simple declarative racist sentence like

i told you i know a jew when i see one.

by ZugZugNeverEnds (apparently also now banned), there's going to be some new and creative outrage you didn't think of in advance. By the time you've put the effort into creating a filter that really works, and doesn't create a lot of false positives, you may as well have just hired someone to moderate manually.

970 698
  • 2 Jul
 esturias

@ĶiĻăƦesrumpMcBøøgerballls said:
Yawn dude.... You have nothing to offer either in humor or intellectual prowess.

How can you judge "intellectual prowess" when you can't have a simple discussion?
About the humor part: This being funny or a place for humor stops when someone starts throwing insults and ridiculing other people instead of just communicating like a normal human being.

Not sure how many times I have to say the same thing over and over and you still do not comprehend.

I perfectly comprehend. It's you who doesn't. You are repeating things again and again because you have no arguments and because you aren't interested in a normal discussion. I answered every single post and every point you were trying to make, you didn't comment on any of it and kept spamming your "you don't understand blablabla".

Just because you don't like answers or facts doesn't make them wrong.

I agreed with some of your arguments and pointed out why the rest is either wrong or nonsense. Besides that, you still didn't present any facts. You believe that your opinion is objective and fact, but that's not how things work.

The fact that you have no idea about the ever increasing censorship in big tech vs the culture war, Cathy Newman, twitch - YouTube - Twitter - and other accounts being banned for wrong think or in the case of twitch, players being banned for using the word Nagga which is a character in a game, but those censorship filters thought different, proves to me your complete ignorance about what is actually happening.

My knowledge in that field is rather limited indeed, but I fail to see how that is any relevant. I wrote multiple times that I'm just interested in some basic measures, no major censorship. Measures like they exist and perfectly work in many many other games and all over the internet.
Using your logic, we should also beg the developers to stop fixing the game and leave it broken as it is, becuse these days the developers completely ruin their games quite often and it could get a lot worse.

Anything that differs from your programed indoctrination = childness nonsense, racism, bigoty and any number of "isms and ists" proves your lack of real world knowledge and real critical thinking.

"Real world knowledge"? "Critical thinking"? Apart from the irony, what's the point of all those random words?
If you'd actually read what I wrote, you'd notice that the only things I called "childish nonsense" are the completely ignorant parts of your posts. The insults, the ridiculing, where you refuse to communicate like a normal grownup human being. Feel free to tell me what that is instead.

I posted solutions that already exist that do indeed work to protect your fragile ego.

And I told you in almost every post by now that those aren't solutions. Those are just helping tools. Tweezers to pick out the last bits of unwanted material that made it through the sieve.
Muting someone doesn't make the toxicity go away. That person is still there puking vitriol. You are just looking away. And since you are so good with "real world knowledge", you should know that looking away isn't a solution.

The more people that use the in game options and ignore the stupidity the faster it goes away as trolls only want the attention. If they do not get it they move on. Prove me wrong....

Apart from that taking ages, you really don't seem to understand the actual issue: When somene is allowed to spam his hate again and again without any consequence, you already lost. If it's there and you have to react on it, it's already too late.

So instead of getting on your moral panicked high horse of virtue signaling as you try to protect who ever.... get off the forums and just play the damn game and have a good time and stop trying to be the game's hall monitor. No one likes, a whiny bitch and here are pages of you being a whiny bitch..... But you stay stunning and brave my poor little oppressed minion.

I'm sorry to break your bubble, but the whiny bitch is actually you. I'm just commenting and arguing. It's you who desperately tries to win an argument and resorts to insults and ridiculing because he can't.

I see that your PC SJW server has been empty since I created it.... just saying....

That's cool. maybe we can turn it into a secret asylum for all the nasty ragekids, where they can hump each other's mom and get cancer together?
(Ehm... was that funny? I'm German, so I don't know...)

Bottomline: This all would be so much easier if you would finally just admit that all you want is defending your self-entitled right to be toxic.

970 698
  • 2 Jul
 esturias

@ToLazy4Name said:

But there are worlds between a working basic filter that gets updated every now and then and a lazy overdone one that gets you muted for writing "massive".

970 698
 esturias

Doublepost, sorry.

Knight 7759 14276

@esturias said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

But there are worlds between a working basic filter that gets updated every now and then and a lazy overdone one that gets you muted for writing "massive".

well I disagree how about that huh kid yeah that's right btfo

970 698
  • 2 Jul
 esturias

@ToLazy4Name said:
well I disagree how about that huh kid yeah that's right btfo

That's your right, of course. You also have the right to make yourself look like a spoiled brat. Doesn't help your position, though.

110 71
  • 2 Jul
 SerJaGGsaW

@esturias said:

Yawn dude.... You have nothing to offer either in humor or intellectual prowess.

How can you judge "intellectual prowess" when you can't have a simple discussion?
About the humor part: This being funny or a place for humor stops when someone starts throwing insults and ridiculing other people instead of just communicating like a normal human being.

Not sure how many times I have to say the same thing over and over and you still do not comprehend.

I perfectly comprehend. It's you who doesn't. You are repeating things again and again because you have no arguments and because you aren't interested in a normal discussion. I answered every single post and every point you were trying to make, you didn't comment on any of it and kept spamming your "you don't understand blablabla".

Just because you don't like answers or facts doesn't make them wrong.

I agreed with some of your arguments and pointed out why the rest is either wrong or nonsense. Besides that, you still didn't present any facts. You believe that your opinion is objective and fact, but that's not how things work.

The fact that you have no idea about the ever increasing censorship in big tech vs the culture war, Cathy Newman, twitch - YouTube - Twitter - and other accounts being banned for wrong think or in the case of twitch, players being banned for using the word Nagga which is a character in a game, but those censorship filters thought different, proves to me your complete ignorance about what is actually happening.

My knowledge in that field is rather limited indeed, but I fail to see how that is any relevant. I wrote multiple times that I'm just interested in some basic measures, no major censorship. Measures like they exist and perfectly work in many many other games and all over the internet.
Using your logic, we should also beg the developers to stop fixing the game and leave it broken as it is, becuse these days the developers completely ruin their games quite often and it could get a lot worse.

Anything that differs from your programed indoctrination = childness nonsense, racism, bigoty and any number of "isms and ists" proves your lack of real world knowledge and real critical thinking.

"Real world knowledge"? "Critical thinking"? Apart from the irony, what's the point of all those random words?
If you'd actually read what I wrote, you'd notice that the only things I called "childish nonsense" are the completely ignorant parts of your posts. The insults, the ridiculing, where you refuse to communicate like a normal grownup human being. Feel free to tell me what that is instead.

I posted solutions that already exist that do indeed work to protect your fragile ego.

And I told you in almost every post by now that those aren't solutions. Those are just helping tools. Tweezers to pick out the last bits of unwanted material that made it through the sieve.
Muting someone doesn't make the toxicity go away. That person is still there puking vitriol. You are just looking away. And since you are so good with "real world knowledge", you should know that looking away isn't a solution.

The more people that use the in game options and ignore the stupidity the faster it goes away as trolls only want the attention. If they do not get it they move on. Prove me wrong....

Apart from that taking ages, you really don't seem to understand the actual issue: When somene is allowed to spam his hate again and again without any consequence, you already lost. If it's there and you have to react on it, it's already too late.

So instead of getting on your moral panicked high horse of virtue signaling as you try to protect who ever.... get off the forums and just play the damn game and have a good time and stop trying to be the game's hall monitor. No one likes, a whiny bitch and here are pages of you being a whiny bitch..... But you stay stunning and brave my poor little oppressed minion.

I'm sorry to break your bubble, but the whiny bitch is actually you. I'm just commenting and arguing. It's you who desperately tries to win an argument and resorts to insults and ridiculing because he can't.

I see that your PC SJW server has been empty since I created it.... just saying....

That's cool. maybe we can turn it into a secret asylum for all the nasty ragekids, where they can hump each other's mom and get cancer together?
(Ehm... was that funny? I'm German, so I don't know...)

Bottomline: This all would be so much easier if you would finally just admit that all you want is defending your self-entitled right to be toxic.

ahahahahahahahaha gtfo, you've been btfo'd and this reply reeks of loss.
"My knowledge in that field is rather limited indeed, but I fail to see how that is any relevant."
just LOL.
Get out, you are not equipped for this conversation by your own admission.

970 698
  • 3 Jul
 esturias

@SerJaGGsaW said:
ahahahahahahahaha gtfo, you've been btfo'd and this reply reeks of loss.
"My knowledge in that field is rather limited indeed, but I fail to see how that is any relevant."
just LOL.
Get out, you are not equipped for this conversation by your own admission.

Thanks a lot for your elaborate and intelligent input, but I have to tell you that your opinion here is entirely irrelevant.
But feel free to keep the desperate tries to dismiss my standpoint coming, they are very entertaining and help proving my point.

36 24

@Unlikely said:
White supremacists are fond of complaining (against all the evidence) that racism directed against whites is the Real Problem. This would be an example of the kind of racist speech that should result in a permanent ban.

you the type to punch gay asian journalists

15 8
  • 3 Jul
 Vieloł

Jesus, you all are still going on? LMFAO

Count 247 274

@Vieloł said:
Jesus, you all are still going on? LMFAO

Agreed....
But I will defend anyone's right to be as toxic as they want to be because being "toxic" is completely subjective. But that moron simply doesn't get it that there are already in game tools and filters can be bypassed. Total waste of dev time. Hell he is in here bitching more than he is playing in game. Nuff said.

Knight 601 2018

This topic has been closed.