274 322
  • 22 Jun '19
 DrGert

Change my mind.

4 3
777 1031
  • 22 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

If you know they have it in a duel, planning for that contingency isn't an issue, and you can use ones proclivity to dodge as a means of outstamming most of the time.

I find dodge more annoying in Frontline where you have no clue which, if any, of your enemies are even capable of dodging.

404 607
  • 22 Jun '19
 smug

Are you stupid?

Dodge doesn't work as intended because of CTFP and Lunge. It doesn't work in duels because I can literally just run at you if you're using dodge and you can't punish my whiffs at all while at the same time losing the stam war.

71 83
  • 23 Jun '19
 50Caliber

No u

Duke 41 94
274 322
  • 23 Jun '19
 DrGert

@Teabag said:
BP5OZRA.jpg

That’s pretty funny, but I never said I had a problem with dodge. I just think it’s a cheesy way to duel and if someone catches me off guard it usually only works the first time.

1314 2001

I put dodge on my light load outs but I almost never use it lol so when I do finally use it for the first time after several matches of ignoring it, it's a complete and total surprise hahahahahahaha

156 130
  • 23 Jun '19
 alonesilverwolf

I only have an issue with people using dodge on the maul or the longer reaching polearms like the Halberd. Honestly, that is just crap, especially the maul, since it is a OHK weapon.

All the enemy has to do is dodge out of the way of your attack, and then swing the maul. You are still unable to parry, so you're fucked.

People can ALSO use dodge to hyper accell attacks, making them damn near impossible to parry. Not too many people use dodge in this way, but some do and I don't really know how I feel about that, tbh.

Knight 697 1611
  • 23 Jun '19
 das

Swing close enough that they can't dodge it. Dodgr has a delay before they leap, which is why plain old footwork does its job better at higher levels.

CFTP if you miss, crouch lookup matrix to buy yourself extra time because short range weapons like Maul have dogshit reach and thus are heavily affected by matrixes even when they don't result in evasion.

To use dodge to accel your attack, that means they are winding up the attack kind of "centered". Now that you know it's a thing, it should be predictable for you. Additionally, a chamber should still be a good answer if you still struggle. Get used to it, and they're just burning stamina for no good reason.

8 9
  • 23 Jun '19
 Garino

Dodge is pretty useless if both people are good.

156 130
  • 23 Jun '19
 alonesilverwolf

@das said:
Swing close enough that they can't dodge it. Dodgr has a delay before they leap, which is why plain old footwork does its job better at higher levels.

CFTP if you miss, crouch lookup matrix to buy yourself extra time because short range weapons like Maul have dogshit reach and thus are heavily affected by matrixes even when they don't result in evasion.

To use dodge to accel your attack, that means they are winding up the attack kind of "centered". Now that you know it's a thing, it should be predictable for you. Additionally, a chamber should still be a good answer if you still struggle. Get used to it, and they're just burning stamina for no good reason.

Just swinging close enough they can't dodge the swing doesn't work with some weapons, due to the short range. My viking build with an arming sword, for instance. Or the heavy handaxe. There are others. That advice is great for polearms and greatswords/zweihanders. It is iffy with the longsword. Other weapons, that does not work so well with though.

777 1031
  • 23 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

@DrGert said:
Change my mind.

@DrGert said:

@Teabag said:
BP5OZRA.jpg

That’s pretty funny, but I never said I had a problem with dodge. I just think it’s a cheesy way to duel and if someone catches me off guard it usually only works the first time.

"it usually only works the first time."

from you himself

247 149
  • 23 Jun '19
 ZugZugNeverEnds

dodge costs enormous amounts of stamina
you're bad if you don't know how to deal with em... also, if someone dodges and you know they will, you can just sprint up to them and force them to dodge again or try to parry (which again, costs them even more stamina) and if they don't/if they are out of stamina, you have the advantage as long as you're on the attack and they are on the defense.

1816 1899
  • 23 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

You know what else costs a lot of stamina? Missing, combos and CFTP. Your tip is bullshit. If you want to beat them at stamina warfare you have to backpedal occasionally to make them miss.

156 130
  • 23 Jun '19
 alonesilverwolf

@SWSeriousMike said:
You know what else costs a lot of stamina? Missing, combos and CFTP. Your tip is bullshit. If you want to beat them at stamina warfare you have to backpedal occasionally to make them miss.

Yep, and sometimes server lag, especially on larger servers, makes this very difficult to do.

247 149
  • 23 Jun '19
 ZugZugNeverEnds

@SWSeriousMike said:

then don't miss, and no, comboing costs significantly less stamina than individual swings as to encourage said comboing.

dodge = 30 stamina
combo = 5-10 stamina no accounting for missing because lol how is that even an argument, and of course depending which weapon you're using... i think the biggest ones cost more than 10 stamina per combo swing, but yeah they also have harder hits and farther reach, so it evens out.

1816 1899
  • 23 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

Individual swings cost no stamina unless they miss.
Dodge costs 10 stamina.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

247 149
  • 23 Jun '19
 ZugZugNeverEnds

@SWSeriousMike said:
Individual swings cost no stamina unless they miss. You have no idea what you are talking about.

so are we including missed swings or not?? because one moment you say misses costs much stamina and the next you're telling me not missing won't cost you stamina without even taking parrying (which DOES cost you stamina on 'hit') into account... seriously dude.

1816 1899
  • 23 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

A combo doesn't negate the stamina drain for missing. Just keep out of this discussion if you don't even know the basics.