Mordhau

Y'all srsly need a PR team for the forums.

190 95

Pretty self explanatory, forums are a shit show tbh ya'll need a kamiko or a public relations team or some forum moderators.

also why do we have to click see all topics on a section only to scroll down and select what page?
it should just show the pages where it says see all topics, wouldn't that make more sense and be way more efficient?

what about getting notifications on topics we've posted in because right now there's so much crap and multiple posts of the same stuff that it gets difficult to find what we posted in and want to give our feedback and input on.

positive criticism here but def needed stuff.

777 1029

The forums work perfectly well. The heart system tells readers what people's posts are worth reading thoroughly, and taking seriously.

In your case, a nearly negative 2.0 heart to comment ratio, reading the first sentence should suffice before the reader stops feeling obligated to continue reading, simply because your heart to comment ratio indicates low quality posts.

So it's a perfectly operational self-moderating system. (though you have to watch out for those who stack hearts in the off topic section)

2376 4821
  • 22 Jun
 Maci

@smellycathawk said:
The forums work perfectly well. The heart system tells readers what people's posts are worth reading thoroughly, and taking seriously.

In your case, a nearly negative 2.0 heart to comment ratio, reading the first sentence should suffice before the reader stops feeling obligated to continue reading, simply because your heart to comment ratio indicates low quality posts.

So it's a perfectly operational self-moderating system. (though you have to watch out for those who stack hearts in the off topic section)

have an upboat friend xdD

777 1029

@Maci said:

@smellycathawk said:

have an upboat friend xdD

This guy got all his hearts in the off-topic section

534 286
  • 22 Jun
 Gambit

@smellycathawk said:

The forums work, but could be a lot better. Likes are received mostly from shit posting or being a cunt to other people. Blindly denying there is a problem with the forum is pointless, but hey it got you likes so I guess it works? Literally every aspect of it could be improved and he's right about a lot of his points. It's early days though so I don't have a problem with it, I just hope they recognise it at some point. The most popular posts on this forum are cesspools of toxicity and should in reality be closed before it starts. This is a business, not a public discussion board, self moderation is not what it needs.

777 1029

@Gambit said:

@smellycathawk said:

The forums work,

After looking at your H/C ratio, this ^ is as far as I got... And I would have to agree! They work very well don't they?

Forum is well organised, and it's easy to check user history and easy to post videos and shit. Works well overall... a little slow loading at times for me I guess

There's even a "website and forum feedback" section you could have slotted this thread into, but I guess that's why his H/C ratio is where it's at...

I'm just teasing, you guys are aalright

534 286
  • 22 Jun
 Gambit

@smellycathawk said:

@Gambit said:

@smellycathawk said:

The forums work,

After looking at your H/C ratio, this ^ is as far as I got... And I would have to agree! They work very well don't they?

Forum is well organised, and it's easy to check user history and easy to post videos and shit. Works well overall... a little slow loading at times for me I guess

There's even a "website and forum feedback" section you could have slotted this thread into, but I guess that's why his H/C ratio is where it's at...

I'm not begging for likes in every post by making some arrogant comment though.

The forum is far from organised. You have to scroll for 10 mins just to pass a section that could be listed in 3 lines and only display its latest post or few recent posts. Because of this, the only active section is General and everything else goes unnoticed. And with hiding all of a categories posts, you could fit 10x the amount of categories on the one page, each being way more accessible and accurately filled. The announcements section, the most important because it is listed first, is filled with posts you only read once. Most of which should be removed as they are years old. Bugs and glitches + feedback and suggestions should either be one section, one page or even just a single post. Off topic should come after general, not at the end. That way half the crap that goes into general will have a place and get noticed. Giant header images for each board are unnecessary and a waste of space. Pagination for boards should not require you to get redirected twice, as stated by OP. Most of the pinned topics are also barely relevant to the section and could be posted in a guides page.

These things honestly don't annoy me enough to make a topic about it, but for you to just ignore everything OP said so that you can take the piss out of him for a few likes really annoys me and really gets OPs point across even more.

I also imagine this isn't inhouse written software, but a 3rd party forum board. So I completely respect that updates like this are not feasible at this moment in time. Just saying it works is silly though as it is definitely something worth discussing and requesting improvements on.

I have a signature

746 557
  • 22 Jun
 esturias

Yes, these forums could be a lot better. But that would require a better forum software to start with and both basic moderation and basic interaction between developement/community team and the playerbase at least. Basically, it's as unfinished as the game...

Anyway. Whenever I play a multiplayergame, I like to engage with the community and often end up becoming a core member of it. I enjoy having a good banter as well as a good discussion about things, I try to help new players and I also like to dive into all kinds of OT stuff.
But I'll think twice about starting that here, with that many kids, ragers and trolls around. For now I'll wait until I can see how the game is going in the long run and I hope that the forum becomes a lot more active, so that the devs have a motivation to improve things.

edit: Those "hearts" are completely pointless for now.

534 286
  • 22 Jun
 Gambit

@esturias said:
Yes, these forums could be a lot better. But that would require a better forum software to start with and both basic moderation and basic interaction between developement/community team and the playerbase at least. Basically, it's as unfinished as the game...

Anyway. Whenever I play a multiplayergame, I like to engage with the community and often end up becoming a core member of it. I enjoy having a good banter as well as a good discussion about things, I try to help new players and I also like to dive into all kinds of OT stuff.
But I'll think twice about starting that here, with that many kids, ragers and trolls around. For now I'll wait until I can see how the game is going in the long run and I hope that the forum becomes a lot more active, so that the devs have a motivation to improve things.

edit: Those "hearts" are completely pointless for now.

This is a perfect example of it needing improvement. People active on the forum means more people playing the game and an overall plus for the community. This forum is not nearly as active as it could be and there's so much room to improve on in order to help this. Having people be able to judge your existence based on the stats in the sidebar is a huge part of the problem. Reddit doesn't do this for a reason.

I have a signature

Knight 7684 14091
  • 22 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@smellycathawk said:

what reddit logic is this lmfao

Knight 399 868
  • 22 Jun
 Alphonse

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smellycathawk said:

what reddit logic is this lmfao

It's from the same guy who wasn't there when Rocket League released who nonchalantly argues that chat and nickname moderation sort of introduced toxicity in Rocket League (a feature introduced 2+ years into release). Also because he's might be projecting.

I wouldn't name his logical reasoning as his forte.

Conscript 685 1504
  • 22 Jun
 ohshitsorry

@smellycathawk said:

It's true, likes make me grow stronger.

Knight 469 913
  • 22 Jun
 wierHL

@ohshitsorry said:

@smellycathawk said:

It's true, likes make me grow stronger.

It's why I keep feeding you hearts. I want you to grow big and strong so we can invade the Netherlands.

395 591
  • 22 Jun
 smug

kimiko was a good community manager lol