Mordhau

Voytek (Wojtek) the military bear hero (As a playable boss in a new FFA King of the Hill mode)

154 98

I reckon if u get a killstreak of 20 kills in a row you should be able to spawn as wojtek the bear with 200-300hp (damage reduction modifier like horde bosses) and extra health regen with the weapons of your chosen loadout.

Just for clarification the bear would fight like and have the same animations as any other mercenary.
Either in a new mode like FFA king of the hill or something like that, where every player fights one player who is a boss mob (Voytek). Whoever defeats the player boss mob immediately transforms into the boss mob with their current loadout, or just restricted to use fists (bear claws) but with extra unarmed damage multiplier (like the Brawler perk)

For all of those muh realism folks out there just remember, wojtek was historical so his appropriation into the game would be an anachronism just like the rapier and not fantasy.

Conscript 673 1494
  • 21 Jun
 ohshitsorry

Yeah, but Wojtek was born too far from medievalish setting.

Knight 7643 14029
  • 21 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

Is this a joke

154 98

@ohshitsorry said:

Yeah, but Triternion is a Slovenian company, Poland is basically right next to Slovenia so it would be an insult and to polish and (by extension through slavic association), slovenian and slavic culture and history, and a slap in the face to triternion's heritage, not to implement wojtek into the game, a historical icon.

154 98

@ToLazy4Name said:
Is this a joke

Don't question my resolve, or the seriousness of my posts which have been posted in the suggestions forum.

Knight 466 909
  • 21 Jun
 wierHL

@LetsFightíngLöve said:
Poland is basically right next to Slovenia

No it isn't. Are you thinking of Slovakia?

Conscript 673 1494
  • 21 Jun
 ohshitsorry

@LetsFightíngLöve said:

@ohshitsorry said:

Yeah, but Triternion is a Slovenian company, Poland is basically right next to Slovenia so it would be an insult and to polish and (by extension through slavic association), slovenian and slavic culture and history, and a slap in the face to triternion's heritage, not to implement wojtek into the game, a historical icon.

154 98

@ohshitsorry said:

@LetsFightíngLöve said:

@ohshitsorry said:

You already said that. It's a point which is inferior to mine because rapiers are in the game so the game is not striving for strict historical accuracy as it already has anachronistic weapons implemented.
If Mordhau was trying to be a historically accurate game, guns would be in the game, or rapiers would not, and women characters would be restricted to certain loadouts mostly medics.

154 98

@wierHL said:

@LetsFightíngLöve said:
Poland is basically right next to Slovenia

No it isn't. Are you thinking of Slovakia?

No, I said basically next door. 2-3 countries down is still practically neighbour's. And voytek is slavic history no matter how you look at it, triternion is a slavic company so the right thing to do is acknowledge slavic culture and to pay homage and respects to the history by implementing voytek (he could either use weapons or no weapons)

Conscript 673 1494
  • 22 Jun
 ohshitsorry

you stupid

154 98

@ohshitsorry said:
you stupid

Considering you've brought no intelligent discussion to this thread and you've only made immature and repetitive comments, you're the stupid troll.

1401 1466

@LetsFightíngLöve said:
No, I said basically next door. 2-3 countries down is still practically neighbour's. And voytek is slavic history no matter how you look at it, triternion is a slavic company so the right thing to do is acknowledge slavic culture and to pay homage and respects to the history by implementing voytek (he could either use weapons or no weapons)

Switzerland is next to Japan. Only France and the US are between them. If that doesn't count because of oceans in between, then at least Finland is basically next door to Mongolia.

154 98

@SWSeriousMike said:

@LetsFightíngLöve said:

Switzerland is next to Japan. Only France and the US are between them. If that doesn't count because of oceans in between, then at least Finland is basically next door to Mongolia.

Nice troll but Poland and Slovenia are close to each other on the Baltic penninsula, they're both slavic countries and Wojtek is considered to be slavic history.

Findland and Mongolia aren't even remotely near each other or in the same regions. Checkmate.

Knight 7643 14029
  • 22 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

you stupid

Conscript 673 1494
  • 22 Jun
 ohshitsorry

@ToLazy4Name said:
you stupid

154 98

@ohshitsorry said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
you stupid

Go away, I'll keep reporting you every time you make targeted and abusive comments designed for no purpose other than attempting to cause offence and to incite mental distress.

Knight 7643 14029
  • 22 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

yeah well Wojtek was a STUPID BEAR how about that no one wants some STUPID BEAR in their game you FREAKING IDIOT

154 98

@ToLazy4Name said:
yeah well Wojtek was a STUPID BEAR how about that no one wants some STUPID BEAR in their game you FREAKING IDIOT

I think you're just projecting your own issues. In fact I always see you posting pointless, rude and downright abusive posts on these forums. I've even seen more than a few people ask you to leave their threads because of your shitposting.

The game has multiple monty python references, lutes, frying pans and a carrot as weapons and you think its trying to take itself seriously? Ayy lmao mate.

Voytek was not stupid, he was a war hero.
Adding him to a game mode would be fun and interesting.

Knight 466 909
  • 22 Jun
 wierHL

Slavic's a pretty big umbrella term, Slovenia's culture is quite different from Poland's (at least according to the few Poles I know). Fuck, I can guarantee you Belgian culture is already different from Dutch. Doesn't Triternion have a Polish employee anyway?

Shitposting and national culture aside, Voytek was in the artillery supply corps during WWII. If we ever get a Poland-based map, a fun easter egg could be including him as map element or bot that delivers an ammo box or ammo for siege artillery. Historical inaccuracy could be written off as Wojtek being a common Polish name and this Wojtek just being an ancestor of the WWII one.

Probably not something high on the priority list though.

154 98

Considering the carrot, lute and frying pan weapons, and the multiple monty python references, I don't think the game is attempting to take itself seriously.
People have been asking for Voytek to be included in a game for some time (most notably the Battlefield community), it would only serve the game by giving it more good publicity and entertaining news stories which would draw in a bigger crowd, so it wouldn't hurt the game to include Voytek as a playable hero in a King of the Hill mode (like a buffed horde boss)

There's also a growing trend to add celebrities into games, because pop culture references are entertaining (Keanu Reeves featuring in Cyberpunk 2077 as Johnny Silverhand, the John Wick skin in Fortnite, and Forrest Whittiker in Star Wars:Jedi Fallen Order)

And I concede it's not high on the prioriry list, but it wouldn't be hard to implement alongside a King of the Hill mode if one were ever to be implemented as it would basically just be a bear model and skin with the same animations
(either restricted to use no weapons or not, I think it would be really funny to see a mode where Voytek is a playable character bear boss with extra health and health regen, using a zweihander or a evening star (or any loadout which you happen to be using) which everyone has to try kill to become, even though it makes no sense because bears don't have thumbs. I think that would be more fun than limiting him to only use fists or even a bot which drops toolkits/supplies)