Mordhau

MORDHAU Esports? Competitive?

11 12

Aye Lads! I'm Level 81, and I absolutely believe Mordhau is ready for the stage. Everyone I have spoken with believes it has all of the right elements to be a huge competitive game. We need Ranked 5v5's. After all, that is the team stage setting. The time is now lads, we neeeed this! If this happens, we could very well see Mordhau have Longevity for years and years to come. Mordhau needs to be partnered with ESL. That is the best route hands down. I played competitively on ESL for R6 and it absolutely blew up. The same would happen for Mordhau, no doubt. Its the only game of its kind right now, the time is now.

Knight 933 941
  • 21 Jun
 afiNity

Need a better gamemode and an easier way to check matches with replays.

11 12

Very true, agreed. I believe a scaled down map or new smaller maps for 5v5 would do and just utilize a version of skirmish(1 life elimination rounds), would be a good way start in the right direction.

Knight 554 1906
  • 21 Jun
 LuxCandidus

Ranked 1v1, 3v3, and 5v5 are being worked on. The developers' take on Mordhau becoming an e-sport is that they will not force it, but if it does happen, they will support it.

100 52
  • 21 Jun
 Minion

The chances of this going esport are about as much as chivs. Nich game small community, even in a team setting shooters can focus on individual player abilities, this game not so much. The moment it's more then duels it's a clusterfuck look how well the rival stream went.

777 1029

@Minion said:
The chances of this going esport are about as much as chivs. Nich game small community, even in a team setting shooters can focus on individual player abilities, this game not so much. The moment it's more then duels it's a clusterfuck look how well the rival stream went.

There is plenty of clutch potential for those skilled enough to wipe entire enemy teams.

The game just needs a good balanced gametype that injects some meaningful map control into the gameplay...

90 78
  • 22 Jun
 SushiFish

@LuxCandidus said:
Ranked 1v1, 3v3, and 5v5 are being worked on.

Just up to five? that sounds boring.

383 577
  • 22 Jun
 smug

Yes which is why you’ll have to go out of your way to play 9v9 frontline by joining the comp discord. Its probably limited to 5v5 because of server logistics. If ranked stays skirmish its rip. I honestly dont have hope for ranked duel being big as 1v1 games arent popular unless they are mechanical skill deficient like card games. The community itself could of just made an elo plugin for a server that does what ranked duels will do, its a bunch of work for a meh feature.

Knight 933 941
  • 22 Jun
 afiNity

Comp frontline is a meme

I dont think mordhau will ever be a huge esport but it could become a decent and long living competitive game. It definitely has much better chances than chivalry.

1339 1396

But skirmish is a snore to watch.

777 1029

10v10 siege mode. with no way of just walking in the castle without completing objectives, smashing barriers, climbing ladders, or using siege equipment. One defending player is the Lord who must be defended. Round based so whoever kills the lord fastest wins each round.

i just made this up as i typed it and sounds good to me

100 52
  • 22 Jun
 Minion

That would require at the minimum mods being available.

90 78
  • 22 Jun
 SushiFish

Mordhau desperately needs TO mode to have a decent 5v5+

1339 1396

@smellycathawk said:
10v10 siege mode. with no way of just walking in the castle without completing objectives, smashing barriers, climbing ladders, or using siege equipment. One defending player is the Lord who must be defended. Round based so whoever kills the lord fastest wins each round.

i just made this up as i typed it and sounds good to me

Sounds cool. Problem is that this mode would be terrible in public games. It's something the comp community should mod themselves once the SDK is released.