Ballerinas need to go

29 12
  • 25 Jun
 ZyklonBen

@alonesilverwolf said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ZyklonBen said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:
combat always has and always will be about movement and timing.

someone who has the best footwork and can dance around well, will always be a good warrior.

ever see a high ranking player mow down your whole team in front of you while you swing wildly at his back and wonder how he keeps moving away from your attack last second without even looking at you?

movement and timing.

clashing swords like luke skywalker and darth vader looks cool but isn't very realistic.
trading parries is pointless
lure a swing, step back, counter, kill, done, next target

This combat is more about who fucks the system more.

What is your region? I will fight you standing still.

Oh boy, look at Mr. Tough Guy, whipping out your 9 inch E-peen and slamming it down on the table. Careful, wrong guy might cut it off.

Even if he win if he does the ballerina BS to do it he would only be proving our point, so he is really retarded.

777 1029

@ZyklonBen said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ZyklonBen said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:

someone who has the best footwork and can dance around well, will always be a good warrior.

ever see a high ranking player mow down your whole team in front of you while you swing wildly at his back and wonder how he keeps moving away from your attack last second without even looking at you?

movement and timing.

clashing swords like luke skywalker and darth vader looks cool but isn't very realistic.

Oh boy, look at Mr. Tough Guy, whipping out your 9 inch E-peen and slamming it down on the table. Careful, wrong guy might cut it off.

Even if he win if he does the ballerina BS to do it he would only be proving our point, so he is really retarded.

My initial challenge was to fight you without moving lol

156 128

@smellycathawk said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ZyklonBen said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:

movement and timing.

I already challenged you to a duel also. I'm guessing I could probably 2v1 you guys pretty consistently? Given the quality of your opinions in the majority of your posts. My monster penis is nice but it has nothing on my ability to kill.

lmfao, yeah, because opinions on the game totally reflect skill. I can disagree with a system and stil understand it and know how to use it.

You are just a little arrogant prick, sitting in mommies basement, tomato red face reading over any criticism of the game, brushing the cheeto dust from your neckfuzz and 'rahrahrah'ing at anything you disagree with.

Get a life kiddo. And some sunshine. Wasting away in a basement is bad for you

777 1029

@alonesilverwolf said:

lmfao, yeah, because opinions on the game totally reflect skill. I can disagree with a system and stil understand it and know how to use it.

Uh ya, that's exactly why I would challenge you. To see if you actually know how to use "it" because you don't come off as very understanding of a lot of aspects.
I think what you meant to say here is "i can understand the game and still be bad enough to lose to you so dueling would be pointless" lol

You are just a little arrogant prick, sitting in mommies basement, tomato red face reading over any criticism of the game, brushing the cheeto dust from your neckfuzz and 'rahrahrah'ing at anything you disagree with.

Get a life kiddo. And some sunshine. Wasting away in a basement is bad for you

I just got owned. I flopped my metaphorical donkey dick on the table and got it chopped off and picked apart piece by piece and swallowed whole by the forum wizard of disrespect.

113 79
68 94
  • 26 Jun
 narwic

@Borschik said:
UkI5Pe0[1].png

Looks like we found the cover art for the new Mordhau strategy guide Brady Games should be putting out any day now.

29 12
  • 26 Jun
 ZyklonBen

@smellycathawk said:

@ZyklonBen said:

@alonesilverwolf said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ZyklonBen said:

@BOBOLOJOE said:

movement and timing.

My initial challenge was to fight you without moving lol

You would probably use the nose to the ground BS or crouch BS so you would still be proving my point and even if you lost you would prove my point because i would have to rely on some kind of faggotry like feint or morph spam to get inside your defense etc etc etc, you are just an idiot that doesn't understand that we are criticizing some core mechanics that are there in game and a stupid duel wouldn't prove shit because any person on that duel that wishes to win would have to use those damn ridiculous movements to win.

"Fite me In-game" is not an argument, is not a valid way to discredit criticism of ingame mechanics, doing that only makes you look like a retard.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 26 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

"I can't read drags or aim my attacks"

lol

85 24
  • 26 Jun
 CazzyVR

@LumpyCustard said:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/430135984/mordhau

wew lad

firefox_3h1HL4cDRt.png

edit: Here's the deal man, at higher levels of play, morphing and feinting does very little to trick your opponent into parrying so that you can land an attack. You eventually reach a point where your opponent will literally never fall for any standard misdirection, and the only way to effectively land a hit is with accels and drags. If you don't resort to accels and drags, the fight will end up taking 5 minutes until both of you completely run out of stam and start punching each other.

I 100% understand why novice / new players think this kind of play style is annoying/difficult/detrimental to the game, but it's nowhere near the level of stupidity found in Chivalry.

If Triterion decides to severely nerf movement during attack wind up, the skill ceiling of the game is gonna plummet to ground level and more experienced players will start to burn out on the game.

I don't have a simple solution, but it's definitely not just a matter of completely removing the ability to manipulate your swings.

See I agree. I'm still a Novice Player only Level 14 and I do fall for Feints. I still am unsure of how to tell when on is happening and I am slowely getting better. But removing the Ability to faint wouldn't do good because Fainting is a legit tactic used as a Medieval Fighting style just as the Pommel Throw. Only way to defend against a Faint is to recognize one and not fall for it.

Why does everyone compare this to Chivalry btw? I ask as I have never played Chivalry and if someone can explain why people either hate or love it? Also why compare the 2 games? Are they that similar?

53 77

@2B said:
See I agree. I'm still a Novice Player only Level 14 and I do fall for Feints. I still am unsure of how to tell when on is happening and I am slowely getting better. But removing the Ability to faint wouldn't do good because Fainting is a legit tactic used as a Medieval Fighting style just as the Pommel Throw. Only way to defend against a Faint is to recognize one and not fall for it.

Why does everyone compare this to Chivalry btw? I ask as I have never played Chivalry and if someone can explain why people either hate or love it? Also why compare the 2 games? Are they that similar?

OP is not suggesting feints be removed. He wants to roll back the ability to accelerate and drag your attacks. If you don't know what this is, check it out on YouTube. tl;dr, accelerating and dragging your attack is a involves either looking into or away from your attack path in order to make the attack connect with your enemy sooner OR later than it normally would, which throws off their timing and their ability to parry.

The net result of aggressive accels and drags is that your enemy will sometimes look like they're possessed by the devil as they flail around in extremely weird and unnatural poses (bent backwards, forwards, looking side to side, etc).

New players such as yourself struggle with this tactic because you ALREADY have great difficulty reading morphs and feints, so when your opponent swings their body back and forth wildly it becomes basically impossible to fight against, which results in new players getting angry and giving up.

Like i said, when you get to high levels of play, feints and morphs literally don't mean shit, so accels and drags become the only viable tactic to cut down your opponent.

Edit: And no, Chivalry and Mordhau are no where near similar in terms of swing manipulation and abuse. Check YouTube for 360 reverse overhead stabs and you'll see how retarded Chivalry got by the end of its life.

85 24
  • 26 Jun
 CazzyVR

@LumpyCustard said:

@2B said:

OP is not suggesting feints be removed. He wants to roll back the ability to accelerate and drag your attacks. If you don't know what this is, check it out on YouTube. tl;dr, accelerating and dragging your attack is a involves either looking into or away from your attack path in order to make the attack connect with your enemy sooner OR later than it normally would, which throws off their timing and their ability to parry.

The net result of aggressive accels and drags is that your enemy will sometimes look like they're possessed by the devil as they flail around in extremely weird and unnatural poses (bent backwards, forwards, looking side to side, etc).

New players such as yourself struggle with this tactic because you ALREADY have great difficulty reading morphs and feints, so when your opponent swings their body back and forth wildly it becomes basically impossible to fight against, which results in new players getting angry and giving up.

Like i said, when you get to high levels of play, feints and morphs literally don't mean shit, so accels and drags become the only viable tactic to cut down your opponent.

Edit: And no, Chivalry and Mordhau are no where near similar in terms of swing manipulation and abuse. Check YouTube for 360 reverse overhead stabs and you'll see how retarded Chivalry got by the end of its life.

Ah... I have seen quite a few of those and wondered why they did it. I was cut down quick like you said I was unsure of how to read it. Thanks for it, nice to know what it actually is now and the person didn't just drop their mouse

523 566
  • 26 Jun
 Deadmode

The thing is that low-tier, mid-tier, high-tier and top-tier combat is entirely different.

This 'ballerina' stuff is only seen really in mid-tier. From high-tier onwards feints become less and less effective. At top-tier it's all about swing manipulation and it does not look like ballerina stuff.

Facing players in mid-tier who do all they can do spaz out is temporary on your progress up the skill ladder. It's also very good practice to learn to read so you are better prepared for the more nuanced combat you'll face down-the-line.

The problem isn't necessarily with the game's combat mechanics but rather is mostly with the players who adopt these spazzy techniques thinking they are necessary to win, when they're not at all.

Proper education would help them, but they'll get that through experience anyway.

16 4
  • 26 Jun
 AbsurdO

There's not a single fighting game available that is realistic enough for hema nerd standards. If you want to learn how to fight realistically, go learn how to fight irl... Swing acceleration, feints, morphs, lolspins (not effective btw unless you're just dumb) are just arcadey game mechanics added to a GAME.

100 52
  • 26 Jun
 Minion

Now see did the devs intend for the mechanics to be used this way or are people just making the claim? Would be nice to have a response on why the deviation from the original statement.

523 566
  • 26 Jun
 Deadmode

There isn't a deviation. Compared to chiv, mordhau's combat is WAY less ridiculous.

Knight 554 1906
  • 26 Jun
 LuxCandidus

@Minion said:
Now see did the devs intend for the mechanics to be used this way or are people just making the claim? Would be nice to have a response on why the deviation from the original statement.

New players seem to be unaware of the seriousness with which the combat was developed. First it was prototyped for over a year until the developers were satisfied with all the mechanics; Then it was extensively tested for a year and a half by about three thousand testers during the closed alpha, most of which are competitive players. Throughout the entire process, the developers paid attention to every single facet of the game, and were always aware of any current exploits (unintended behaviour) - often before the testers were - and are competitive players themselves. I can only imagine the amount of feedback they have looked over since the alpha's launch.

So when someone who has been playing for a week thinks they found some exploit the developers completely glossed over, especially when it is something as rudimentary as moving your mouse down to speed up an overhead, it sounds extremely silly.

523 566
100 52
  • 26 Jun
 Minion

So why the current issue with horses and archers, shields?

Not once did anyone point out saying maybe this is something the playerbase might not like. Seems like a few things were missed

523 566
  • 26 Jun
 Deadmode

@Minion said:
So why the current issue with horses and archers, shields?

Not once did anyone point out saying maybe this is something the playerbase might not like. Seems like a few things were missed

Because frontline was implemented last minute and had to be somewhat rushed to ensure there was a playable gamemode at release. They knew it would suffer as a result and not be perfect and so we find ourselves at a point whereby things aren't quire ironed out yet.

I can't find the post by Marox now, but I'm sure if you search his profile nad post history you can find his explanation for the frontline state.