Mordhau

Ballerinas need to go

41 31

@Runagate said:
How is he patronizing lmao

@LuxCandidas said:
You can try out a duel of stamina warfare with a friend, etc....

Not everyone can claim the dubious accolade of being an alpha tester, but I do have 240 hours in game, including quite a lot of testing and dueling. They have no way of knowing that, but to automatically assume that someone holds an opinion you disagree with solely out of inexperience is patronizing. Argument by dismissal fallacy.

Knight 601 2021
  • 30 Jun
 LuxCandidus

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
Not everyone can claim the dubious accolade of being an alpha tester, but I do have 240 hours in game, including quite a lot of testing and dueling. They have no way of knowing that, but to automatically assume that someone holds an opinion you disagree with solely out of inexperience is patronizing. Argument by dismissal fallacy.

It was just a well-meaning suggestion that I would have given anyone, alpha tester or not. It has nothing to do with playtime, because the game has never been in a state where fights are solely decided by stamina management.

777 1030

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
@LuxCandidus

To each his own, but your views as presented are narrow, subjective and patronizing.

if ya used completely random adjectives this comment wouldn't be any less pertinent.

To each her own, but your views as presented are chubby, effervescent and gluttonous.

41 31

@smellycathawk said:

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
@LuxCandidus

To each his own, but your views as presented are narrow, subjective and patronizing.

if ya used completely random adjectives this comment wouldn't be any less pertinent.

To each her own, but your views as presented are chubby, effervescent and gluttonous.

Well thats also accurate, but I try not to demonize body weight.

Mainly though I just disagree with this individual, but am not 12, and see no future in dissecting their comment to be further patronized or w/e. I saw their massive comment count, so I checked their comment history. The type of forum troll revealed to me thusly isnt usually worth debating.

Knight 7759 14277
  • 30 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

they're a fucking mod lmao very big forum troll indeed

41 31

@ToLazy4Name said:
they're a fucking mod lmao very big forum troll indeed

I guessed that when I saw them threatening to ban someone.

Apparently some person called Botas is still here though so...?

Anyway, some of the worst trolls I've ever seen have been mods. Something about have ultimate power over a tiny, meaningless domain makes some people incredibly touchy and conceited. Not that I'm suggesting this about any particular individual here.

Idk why you all seem so interested though. What I specifically wanted to avoid was dissecting what I disagreed with in their statement, since its useless to effort-post if you're just going to be further patronized, yet I have the feeling that not so many people would have come out of the wood work to comment on that. Y'all need something better to do.

Knight 7759 14277
  • 30 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

what autism afflicts you that someone gives you a well-reasoned post and you respond by calling them a troll lmao

41 31

@ToLazy4Name said:
what autism afflicts you that someone gives you a well-reasoned post and you respond by calling them a troll lmao

There's actually very little reasoning present in their post. As they describe it, stamina may as well not exist, and the "reasoning" is that if stamina existed it would be boring.

Duels between higher skill people do frequently come down to stamina, whether or not people are actually disarmed the resource management is still omnipresent. Either they dont know that, which I sort of doubt, or they were taking expeditious, hyperbolic brevity so far as to actually be wrong.

1572 1628

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
I guessed that when I saw them threatening to ban someone.

Apparently some person called Botas is still here though so...?

Anyway, some of the worst trolls I've ever seen have been mods. Something about have ultimate power over a tiny, meaningless domain makes some people incredibly touchy and conceited. Not that I'm suggesting this about any particular individual here.

Idk why you all seem so interested though. What I specifically wanted to avoid was dissecting what I disagreed with in their statement, since its useless to effort-post if you're just going to be further patronized, yet I have the feeling that not so many people would have come out of the wood work to comment on that. Y'all need something better to do.

Botas is probably banned for a while. Mods in this forum rarely delete posts.

777 1030

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:

@smellycathawk said:

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
@LuxCandidus

To each his own, but your views as presented are narrow, subjective and patronizing.

if ya used completely random adjectives this comment wouldn't be any less pertinent.

To each her own, but your views as presented are chubby, effervescent and gluttonous.

Well thats also accurate, but I try not to demonize body weight.

Mainly though I just disagree with this individual, but am not 12, and see no future in dissecting their comment to be further patronized or w/e. I saw their massive comment count, so I checked their comment history. The type of forum troll revealed to me thusly isnt usually worth debating.

So basically you got owned so hard you stared blankly at the screen until you just had to click on that ASSHOLE'S comment history to find any flimsy excuse as a justification to dismiss them as a troll and obfuscate the repercussions this humiliation has on your ego.

Too bad you totally derailed the conversation away from mechanics because you refuse to talk about mechanics with "trolls" yet you also refuse to not respond to anyone pointing out that you should just stop...

41 31

@smellycathawk

Do you have something you actually want to say?

At this point if you object to an argument of mine in any specific I invite you to elaborate. Otherwise, its probably best to cease trying to exacerbate a mild disagreement between two individuals who are not you.

78 46
  • 1 Jul
 Cheto

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:

@Runagate said:
How is he patronizing lmao

@LuxCandidas said:
You can try out a duel of stamina warfare with a friend, etc....

Not everyone can claim the dubious accolade of being an alpha tester, but I do have 240 hours in game, including quite a lot of testing and dueling. They have no way of knowing that, but to automatically assume that someone holds an opinion you disagree with solely out of inexperience is patronizing. Argument by dismissal fallacy.

REKT

78 46
  • 1 Jul
 Cheto

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
@smellycathawk

Do you have something you actually want to say?

At this point if you object to an argument of mine in any specific I invite you to elaborate. Otherwise, its probably best to cease trying to exacerbate a mild disagreement between two individuals who are not you.

REKT

777 1030

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
@smellycathawk

Do you have something you actually want to say?

At this point if you object to an argument of mine in any specific I invite you to elaborate. Otherwise, its probably best to cease trying to exacerbate a mild disagreement between two individuals who are not you.

So basically you got owned so hard you stared blankly at the screen until you just had to click on that ASSHOLE'S comment history to find any flimsy excuse as a justification to dismiss them as a troll and obfuscate the repercussions this humiliation has on your ego.

Too bad you totally derailed the conversation away from mechanics because you refuse to talk about mechanics with "trolls" yet you also refuse to not respond to anyone pointing out that you should just stop...

78 46
  • 1 Jul
 Cheto

@BlueTeamLivesMatter said:
@smellycathawk

Do you have something you actually want to say?

At this point if you object to an argument of mine in any specific I invite you to elaborate. Otherwise, its probably best to cease trying to exacerbate a mild disagreement between two individuals who are not you.

777 1030

Can we all report Botas for spam?

I mean Cheto? Look at the last 3 posts in this thread alone, how is this not bannable spam?

then look at his entire post history and ban botas again lol

1572 1628

I think 1 report should be enough. I don't believe that spam is the best answer to spam.

524 572
 Deadmode

Pasta quote posts? Botas.

Cheto = Botas confirmed.

53 77

I get the hatred for the ballerina shit, and i understand why new players feel like it's a dirty / annoying tactic. Like i mentioned in my first post, it's hard enough as is to defend against feints and morphs for new players, the convulsions that "pro" players have is another level.

I've been playing in 'high' level duel servers (everyone was over level 50) and after about an hour of it you basically don't want to play the game anymore. I was getting kills and managed to come first, but it doesn't feel like the right way to play the game as the devs intended it.

That said, i get why it needs to exist, or else duels would just be permanent parry fests, but it feels like there should be a better solution.

Short clip of a sperg convulsing with a spear in my game earlier tonight:

https://streamable.com/jqit8

41 31

I honestly think part of the problem is how huge the parry area is, its so huge you can parry most things with your eyes closed. Listen for footsteps so you're facing the enemy, listen for grunt, boom you can play the game blindfolded. It works surprisingly well even against mid-level duelists.

I just cant help but feel that if parrying werent so ridiculously lenient then we wouldnt need our offensive options to be quite so... recklessly designed.

Specific to the offensive option of Ballerina shit. I've seen it suggested that all movement be given a turncap. This doesnt seem unreasonable to me, as long as the turn cap were at least a good 2-3x the turncap of either the median weapon or the held weapon. New players, or people who like some degree of immersion, really only complain about the extreme examples of Ballerina. I'm pretty sure there's a reasonable middle ground.