Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Another performance thread

44 31
  • 20 Jun '19
 'Lock

I'm at my wits end. My frame rate sits at 50-60 on camp, often dropping to 30-40 in the most jarring way near the river etc. It's the same whether on max settings or runescape potato settings. I lower everything to low or off and my frames don't even improve a bit. It's a bit better on other maps but still poor.

Frontline 64 players. In duels I ofc get 144 solid.

I56600k
1070ti
16gbram
Ssd

I've spent hours over the last few weeks trying to solve it: please help me before I physically hang myself. I'm used to 144 solid anything I play, chiv, overwatch, cs go, r6 siege, bf4. Can't deal with this.

• I've twigged that my cpu usage sits around 90-95 % in game, but no other processes hogging except steam. Seems high. Gpu at 40-60% max settings
  • I've lowered body count and body duration to 3 each
  • disabled steam overlay gave me a very slight increase
  • I've changed power settings to max performance
  • I've changed cpu priority to high
  • changed cpu priority to low
  • tried gfx settings to low including res, one at a time
  • tried gfx settings to max
  • I've used nvidia control panel and Roag's guide word for word, max pre rendered frames, threaded optimizations etc.
  • I've tried vsync off, on whatever.

Still wildly fluctuating 50-70 fps with intermittent drops to 40-50 regardless of what I do. I also show as 14-20ms delay on the stat fps counter which doesn't seem good. On menu it's 7ms.

It's driving me nuts. Has anyone got any ideas that can help?

Please :/

237 215
  • 20 Jun '19
 recurf

the game is just optimized like shit for 64 players, no solution other than buying a new cpu

534 287
  • 20 Jun '19
 Gambit

I think you're getting CPU bottlenecked. Try setting textures to high and everything else to low. Your CPU is a bit old though, I'd consider upgrading it.

I have a signature

21 9
  • 21 Jun '19
 qbmax

game just isnt optimized for higher player counts, they really need to change the recommended and minimum specs on the steam store because theres no way they'd run frontline good

214 179
  • 21 Jun '19
 Dialectic

@Gambit said:
I think you're getting CPU bottlenecked. Try setting textures to high and everything else to low. Your CPU is a bit old though, I'd consider upgrading it.

I have a signature

How does his CPU explain the situation when he can run all those other games at 144 without stutters?

11 3
  • 21 Jun '19
 Septr

I may have fixed my fps issue.

I reset video settings to default, restarted the game, then put everything back to how I had it before, then restarted the game again, and now performance on Camp and Grad seems to have improved.

from: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/16495/can-devs-please-address-fps-issues/?page=2

534 287
  • 21 Jun '19
 Gambit

@Dialectic said:

@Gambit said:

I have a signature

How does his CPU explain the situation when he can run all those other games at 144 without stutters?

Because this game is quite CPU intensive. I had that exact CPU a long time ago and it would always hit 100% though.

I have a signature

214 179
  • 21 Jun '19
 Dialectic

I don't think my CPU is getting bottlenecked but I'll see after installing my Rtx 2080. I'm curious though since I'm not great with this stuff, is there a way to check if all 4 cores are being utilized?

Edit: oops wrong thread lol. Yeah his CPU could be the issue

534 287
  • 21 Jun '19
 Gambit

@Dialectic said:
I don't think my CPU is getting bottlenecked but I'll see after installing my Rtx 2080. I'm curious though since I'm not great with this stuff, is there a way to check if all 4 cores are being utilized?

You'll definitely need a new CPU for the rtx 2080 haha. If its at or near 100% it's probably utilising them all.

I have a signature

214 179
  • 21 Jun '19
 Dialectic

@Gambit said:

@Dialectic said:

You'll definitely need a new CPU for the rtx 2080 haha. If its at or near 100% it's probably utilising them all.

I have a signature

I doubt it. Unless I'm looking at the wrong utility, my CPU usage was 40% when I monitored it the other day. Using the gtx 1050 ti.

214 179
  • 21 Jun '19
 Dialectic

I double checked and there are bench marks out there demonstrating low bottleneck like 8% with the i7 4790 paired to Rtx 2080.

And if friggin mordhau with its mediocre graphics can't hold 60 fps, it's optimization issues not the rig. But I'll see for sure after work

44 31
  • 22 Jun '19
 'Lock

I'm tempted to buy a new cpu but looks like even with new chipsets people are still getting shit frames in FL.

I'll try overclocking the 6600k further and see if I can improve it that way. At the mo I've never maxed it as never been needed before.

Will update...