Kaiowa

The only horned helmet I want:

horns.jpg

164 117

@Kaiowa said:
The only horned helmet I want:

horns.jpg

Yes that one was in Chivalry as well.
Not my favourite but I wouldn't be opposed.

4 3
  • 27 Jun
 Henrik

@LetsFightíngLöve said:

@Henrik said:

@LetsFightíngLöve said:
There are plenty of accounts of vikings and barbarians using horned helmets, so it isn't actually.

Really?!

Making false statements doesn't make it historically accurate or real for that matter...just so you know!

Look at my above post you will see horned helms were used in combat and tournaments, teutonic horned helm being one example.

You actually SAID vikings so i replied to that!

164 117

Clearly you didnt read all my posts where I brought up historical horned teutonic helmets

Recruit 85 127
8 5
  • 2 Jul
 GlaroGer

Pls no horned helmet... ok i can see the teutonic knight one, but not this creepy opera horns for viking helmets... immersion breaker

164 117
133 104

I never really understood horned helmets. Wouldn't they be impractical? They would be caught on stuff not to mention they add more weight and would cost more to produce. I don't think they existed in medieval times

Dad Sizzle

957 303

i say use it i mean the Executioners Sword was never recorded to have been used in combat so why not use Funeral Helms in game

164 117

@Antoniokontos said:
i say use it i mean the Executioners Sword was never recorded to have been used in combat so why not use Funeral Helms in game

Yeah good point. There are at least a few good examples of historical horned helms which could fit well, particularly the funeral helm of Albert von Prankh and the horned helm of danish king Valdemar the Conqueror

886 657
  • 25 Aug
 esturias

@GlaroGer said:
Pls no horned helmet... ok i can see the teutonic knight one, but not this creepy opera horns for viking helmets... immersion breaker

While I'm still in two minds about those helmets, that argument is still beyond silly in a game like this one. If a horned helmet would break your immersion, what about all the other things? Magic horses? Naked knights?

50 34

@Goatie said:
At this point I don't see why not. My immersion is already destroyed by skinny naked men throwing firepots yelling 'have at them boys' apparently being mercenaries... It's funny and all but fuck me the game already takes you out of it in so many ways you may as well go a bit fantasy with your level designs and armour as long as its not Elder Scrolls level.

I disagree. Just because immersion isn't perfect doesn't mean we should make it worse.

957 303

my immersion was ruined as soon as i saw no visor blinding

164 117

Le proturbence

Knight 2262 4076
  • 18 Sep
 Runagate

stop bumping ur dumb thread the devs are not gonna add horned helmets because of it

69 65
  • 18 Sep
 Cracksmith

Horned helmets are for dweebs. Plain helmets are for men.

164 117

@Runagate said:
stop bumping ur dumb thread the devs are not gonna add horned helmets because of it

why u do this muh kniggA?

89 92
  • 19 Sep
 The Bird

The Bird wants a greathelm with a bird ornament.