Mordhau

"Where the hell is our team?!" (Frontline Suggestion)

Conscript 168 355

I have lost count at how many times our teammates / or my friends ask about where the hell is everybody in large frontline matches.

----The Problem----
In a group fight, if the enemy team wins and defeats your team once, it will be very hard to defeat it again, because everyone spawns at different intervals, therefore, fights end up around 10v3 or so, with everyone dying from being outnumbered.

Coordination is extremely hard to do if you have large teams in frontline, so whatever team steamrolls the other, gains the advantage for quite a while. This pretty much happens in a lot of matches, with a lot of players

In servers with ~20 people I have seen that the tide of battle can be turned any time through strategy and not just numbers. But that is not the case with a lot of people.

----(Potential) Solution----
Wave spawns (example: Verdun), that way, people will just spawn together at set intervals an assemble easily, alleviating this issue.

603 473
  • 17 Jun
 esturias

Hmmm... not sure about that. I think I wouldn't like it. Not only because it would require redesigning some (if not all) maps, because there would be much more players at one spot again. But yes, I totally agree with the issue.

What I completely miss in this game or didn't spot yet is basically any possible form of ingame communication. Why not have a command wheel with simple shouts or something that get a little direction icon at the edge of your screen? Or why not voting some players to be generals, who are able to place 1-2 markers on the map?

15 7
  • 17 Jun
 123mop

The game already features wave spawning. That's why your spawn timer is sometimes 10+ seconds and other times instant.

Duchess 6857 9820
  • 17 Jun
 Sir Zombie

What mop said

603 473
  • 17 Jun
 esturias

@123mop said:
The game already features wave spawning. That's why your spawn timer is sometimes 10+ seconds and other times instant.

I think he's suggesting some real wave spawning.
If I remember correctly, the waves in games like Verdun were 20 seconds and more...

Conscript 168 355

@esturias said:

@123mop said:

I think he's suggesting some real wave spawning.
If I remember correctly, the waves in games like Verdun were 20 seconds and more...

Yeah, basically increasing the timer a bit, at the moment it's kind of low...
That would ofcourse pose another problem like giving the enemy team too much time to push, in the worst case scenario.
Siege mode will fix my problems anyway, since it's more suited to high amounts of players.

95 87
  • 21 Jun
 BOBOLOJOE

just copy chivalry TO mode

make the spawns not accessible by the other team whether its horse or climbing

don't have different areas to chose to spawn from unless you make the game like battlefield

make the respawns in waves so you all spawn at same