Mordhau

Add kilts, tartan and Dirks

3 1
  • 16 Jun
 TxD_TECY1

Hi i am from scotland and i love that claymores are in the game but it would be greate to be able to have a kilt with a selection of tartan to go with it to complete the look and a highland dirk would also be awesome

42 35
  • 16 Jun
 DonKanaille

As much as I like kilts, they would fit a medieval themed game about as well as tricornes and muskets. They´re completely out of the time frame.

3 1
  • 18 Jun
 TxD_TECY1

they really arent

3 1
  • 18 Jun
 TxD_TECY1

they really arent clearly if you knew any scottish history then you would know kilts and tarts date back hundreds of years to the medevil times.

29 17

I love the idea to

29 17

I love the idea to make a scottish like mercenary with kilt and tartan with great sword !
And, if we speak about time period, go tell that to guyz playing rapier with targe and viking armors ! ;)
This game isnt 100% accurate...
And wathever, there was some kilts (even it wasnt this name ) and tartans during medieval times!

Knight 476 920
  • 22 Jun
 wierHL

a great kilt like pic related would be on the same level as a rapier I think, could be around 1600, it's really just a big cloak/garment out of tartan fabric, big woolen cloaks were probably worn whenever wool was abundant

great_kilt.jpg

the small walking kilt as seen in Braveheart is more a late 17th century thing though, was popularized during the Jacobite uprisings
clan-based tartan patterns are also more of a 17th century thing, but tartan fabric had existed in Europe even before the Anglo-Scottish Wars
I'm basing this shit on Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt
a great kilt wouldn't break my immersion but a walking kilt probably would
great kilt could just be a T1 woolen torso piece with tartan among the pattern settings, I'd probably make it mine color
however with some of the current color options I fully expect people to make their tartan colors as ugly as possible

Knight 476 920
  • 22 Jun
 wierHL

double post sorry