Mordhau

Votekick abuse

5 2
  • 16 Jun
 XivaKnight

Honestly, what the fuck is the point of a votekick if a toxic player can TK you, bitch about you in chat, then votekick you, which will be accepted the moment they make a claim you tried to TK them, and you aren't even able to make a votekick for them unless yours gets rejected? Which it rarely does, unless you are a noticeable asset to the team, because people reflexively hit 'yes' in 90% of situations

5 2
  • 16 Jun
 XivaKnight

The entire game is built to promote absolute cancer. Which is fine, up to the point you literally can't play the game because of it.

5 1
  • 17 Jun
 elimitator

100% agree. I'm so close to quitting because of this problem. 6 kill catapult shot, 1 teamkill. I was votekicked not even 10 seconds later. Before that I was votekicked because of another SINGLE accidental team kill.

Knight 148 97
  • 17 Jun
 Lilboots

Im a victim of vote kick as well mate, at least once a day, average twice a day just for using Bow. Devs know about it and are looking at improving the vote kick, adding details that should stop or slow votekick abuse.

5 2
  • 17 Jun
 XivaKnight

I've been votekicked I think five times now, don't remember two, but three were as Engi

First time:
Set up on a bridge. People could easily walk over the barriers from the blue side, but one person kept jumping around them like crazy people and someone got stuck. Didn't say anything in chat, didn't even use any shouts to get my attention; Just votekicked me, and AFTER the votekick was initiated said it was because I trapped them.

Second time:
Was just playing engi as normal. I no longer built any fortifications that even had a chance of trapping anyone anymore. Hit a total of 2 allies and got 8 kills off of ballista. One guy just comes up to me, starts hitting me every time i try to use the ballista so he could use it. We both get killed. Then he bitches about me in chat; I announce back exactly what he did, he votekicks me.

Third time:
Literally the very next game in a completely new lobby; Build ballista fortifications, some guy comes up to attack me and do the exact same thing. He ends up getting killed before he can take it over. Then he comes with javelins and kills me from behind. I rebuild, he breaks it and tries to kill me again. I ask for someone to kick him, trying to bait a response so I can votekick him via chat instead of console, he immediately votekicks me.

This is literally the worst aspect of your game, and I see it getting worse every day as more and more trolls realize they can do it. It is rapidly going to reach the point were it's better to remove votekick, because a troll can only do so much to interfere with your gameplay by actually playing, and it's way better than losing out on the entire experience and being forced to wait to play again.

310 239
  • 17 Jun
 LoPan

I find that once enough ppl know and have played w you. Rdmer/dickhead votes never pass.

Unless you are in a server w majority rdmers who are all friends, in which case just move to another server. Not that big a deal imho.

5 1
  • 20 Jun
 elimitator

I LITERALLY JUST GOT VOTE-KICKED FOR TELLING PEOPLE TO STOP ABUSING VOTEKICK!!!!

39 150

I would have votekicked you for being a whinger.

5 1
  • 21 Jun
 elimitator

unabridgedpenis, you are part of the problem.

111 53
  • 21 Jun
 yvesgomes

I think it needs to be more automated. Require certain amount or % of team damage + 1 vote.

BTW, I have one doubt. Does throwing a medkit at someone flinch them? Can it take them out of a mounted weapon? Just wanna know so I don't do it by accident.

80 35
  • 21 Jun
 SkinnyPete

The Official Mordhau Server Rules are as follows:

1. Hacking/Cheats:
    Using 3rd-party software to gain an unfair advantage is strictly disallowed and will result in a permanent ban. Reshade and other graphical changes are permitted.

2. Exploiting:
    Intentionally using exploits found within the game to gain an advantage (clipping through map objects, etc.) is disallowed and may result in a temporary/permanent ban.

3. Racism, prejudice and offensive content:
    Use of derogatory, offensive terms on official servers is not allowed. Conduct yourself in a polite manner or you may be temporarily/permanently banned from official servers.

4. Griefing:
    Intentional and repeated harassment such as intentional team killing, constant suiciding, blocking friendly spawn areas, stream sniping etc. is prohibited and may result in a temporary/permanent ban from official servers.

5. Abusing votekick:
Abusing the vote-kick system (random kicking of players, votekick ‘rigging’ with multiple players etc.) is not allowed. Only use the vote-kick function to remove disruptive or offensive players from the server.

Rules may be subject to change at any time.

If you would like to file a report against a disruptive player, make an appeal, or address any concerns/complaints with the official server rules, please contact moderator via DM on discord @ https://discordapp.com/invite/mordhau.

111 53
  • 21 Jun
 yvesgomes

Stream Sniping? Like, when someone is streaming on twitch and you try to enter the same server to fight him?

5 2
  • 25 Jun
 XivaKnight

@yvesgomes said:
I think it needs to be more automated. Require certain amount or % of team damage + 1 vote.

BTW, I have one doubt. Does throwing a medkit at someone flinch them? Can it take them out of a mounted weapon? Just wanna know so I don't do it by accident.

Yes it does, but in my experience, most engi's and about half of other people don't really mind

5 2
  • 25 Jun
 XivaKnight

@LoPan said:
I find that once enough ppl know and have played w you. Rdmer/dickhead votes never pass.

Unless you are in a server w majority rdmers who are all friends, in which case just move to another server. Not that big a deal imho.

The game has 10k average players. If you're in a long sessions on a private server, sure. You're safe because people recognize you.
Most players are in a public server with a very high turnover rate. You're just not going to be recognized. Pretty much every vote that isn't blatant is liable to pass, so all it takes is a single dickhead to fuck with the game for someone. I've seen several times, a guy start a vote kick with the explicitly stated purpose in chat to make the targeted player lose out on the experience and gold gain, and it passes.

66 91
  • 25 Jun
 SoRoofless

They absolutely need to add relevant statistics in a menu on the votekick screen. This has been suggested by many people on the forums. I hope they add it soon.

5 1
  • 26 Jun
 elimitator

Another problem I see a lot especially in frontline. Teammates attacking team vehicles, specifically the catapult or balista. That needs to count as team damaged but doubled. Also Consider using a system along the lines of rules of engagement, also known as ROE. There has been very VERY good results in reducing griefing in other games using such a system. A large enough amount of team damage to normal damage ratio should result in an autokick. A streak of team vehicle damage should also be an autokick.