Mordhau

You need to fix the fucking exploits, period.

156 130

Sick and tired of it. Go to a duel server and everyone is nose to the goddamn ground so you can't read their attacks, dragging up to hit you or around to the side. You literally cannot read these disgusting pieces of human filth, so you have to gamble to have any sort of defense. Bullshit, I may as well roll a goddamn d20.

Same with your turn caps. It's not near enough! Somone literall spun with their sword, doing a near 360 with it, still hitting me and doing significant damage.

It's crap. Contortionist, swings from fucking Canada to Australia, staring at the ground like a fucking dude with a hangover...

This is crap. It's complete and utter bullshit. You need to fix this broken garbage or when Chiv 2 comes out, y'all gonna be screwed. Your playerbase has already dipped significanty since launch, and the trend is that you are LOSING PLAYERS.

enough is enough! Fix this fucking shit!

Knight 7655 14047
  • 16 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

is this a pasta or something? I don't recall you being this bad before but perhaps I wasn't paying attention

156 130

@ToLazy4Name said:
is this a pasta or something? I don't recall you being this bad before but perhaps I wasn't paying attention

It's getting worse and worse my friend. I try not to be salty about it, players will use what is available, I get that.

I'm just dissapointed. Mordhau wasn't supposed to have that kind of thing, so it's a let down. Especially since I hold my own very well against people who don't do that stuff.

394 589
  • 1
  • 16 Jun
 smug

Well the best strat against extreme spastics is pretty much gamble and steal initiative, and or kicks. It’s sorta boring gameplay, and why most people don’t care for duel in the first place. Duel becomes good at extremely high levels of play, but intermediate and below is full of cancerous playstyles.

156 130

@smug said:
Well the best strat against extreme spastics is pretty much gamble and steal initiative, and or kicks. It’s sorta boring gameplay, and why most people don’t care for duel in the first place. Duel becomes good at extremely high levels of play, but intermediate and below is full of cancerous playstyles.

I haven't learned how to successfully do this yet :/

214 178
  • 17 Jun
 Dialectic

@smug said:
Well the best strat against extreme spastics is pretty much gamble and steal initiative, and or kicks. It’s sorta boring gameplay, and why most people don’t care for duel in the first place. Duel becomes good at extremely high levels of play, but intermediate and below is full of cancerous playstyles.

This is all fighting games. The intermediate skill levels all use gimmicks. Once you can reliably defeat the gimmicks, that's when you are able to enter into the higher tier levels.

394 589
  • 3
  • 17 Jun
 smug

@Dialectic said:

@smug said:
Well the best strat against extreme spastics is pretty much gamble and steal initiative, and or kicks. It’s sorta boring gameplay, and why most people don’t care for duel in the first place. Duel becomes good at extremely high levels of play, but intermediate and below is full of cancerous playstyles.

This is all fighting games. The intermediate skill levels all use gimmicks. Once you can reliably defeat the gimmicks, that's when you are able to enter into the higher tier levels.

no, and besides theres no universal intermediate level thats standard through all games. An intermediate sfv player is dogshit compared to an intermediate gg xrd or unist player. Mordhau resembles a fighting game but there are certain aspects that make it too unique to be considered a true fighting game, thats why its considered to be a part of the melee genre alongside M&B

138 218
  • 17 Jun
 DylanS_98

When I was very first starting off and came across this I thought the same thing, but they are basically hinging their entire fighting style on gambling and trying to make you panic-anything. Just stab them or bait them into a kick.. Or just utilize the same thing against them. More often then not if someone focuses on one sole mechanic, they usually are at their weakest trying to defend against it (in my experience.)

Non-stop feinting? Feint them back and watch them flee.

Dragging excessively? Stop feeding into the combo of attacks. Let the combo go for three to four hits, then suddenly stop; watch them try and take the initiative or panic parry.

So called 'spaz' and contortionists? Take initiative and stab or kick them.

These are obviously very basic and not a one-stop shop of solving your issue, as a good player utilizes everything he knows in one go. But yeah. Just takes practice man.

Empress 361 853
  • 17 Jun
 Soulcatcher

i want video evidence of this

calling bullshit on you unpatient noobs

if you're just talking about people spinning around and crap before they enter release

then you just need to git gud tbh

sorry

32 34

Well, I've seen a lot of crap in duels and I couldn't care less if you can "git gud" and learn how to counter it, it's still crap. Mordhau promised drags would be very minor yet they're as powerful as they were in Chivalry, you can hide attack animations in several ways, do almost 360º attacks etc etc. Also, saying you won't see those gimmicks in higher level gameplay is bullshit, everyone will use and abuse them just like they did in Chivalry.

Mordhau's combat may have less problems, but they're still annoying. People will learn how to master even more exploits in the future, and I don't expect these problems to be fixed because veteran players would get pretty angry. Everyone except the most dedicated players will lose interest once they see that much crap in combat, playerbase diminishes, game becomes known for it's exploitable combat... it's Chivalry all over again.

Knight 7655 14047
  • 17 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@NuclearWinter said:
Also, saying you won't see those gimmicks in higher level gameplay is bullshit, everyone will use and abuse them just like they did in Chivalry.

well considering you don't see people spazzing out in comp, i'm inclined to disagree

Empress 361 853
  • 17 Jun
 Soulcatcher

@NuclearWinter said:
Well, I've seen a lot of crap in duels and I couldn't care less if you can "git gud" and learn how to counter it, it's still crap. Mordhau promised drags would be very minor yet they're as powerful as they were in Chivalry, you can hide attack animations in several ways, do almost 360º attacks etc etc. Also, saying you won't see those gimmicks in higher level gameplay is bullshit, everyone will use and abuse them just like they did in Chivalry.

Mordhau's combat may have less problems, but they're still annoying. People will learn how to master even more exploits in the future, and I don't expect these problems to be fixed because veteran players would get pretty angry. Everyone except the most dedicated players will lose interest once they see that much crap in combat, playerbase diminishes, game becomes known for it's exploitable combat... it's Chivalry all over again.

You know what a drag is right? yeah so pretty much every animation I've seen in 1.2k Hours is readable, some weapons a wee bit wonky, some weapons a wee bit too draggy. But none of them are REALLY overpowered as fuck or wonky to the point they are OP as hell. It's just learning the animations for those weapons really.

I really want a video to explain what you're actually talking about.

My friend Egatron in AU was always a spastic helicopter in Chiv well not spatic, but had really solid drags and accels coupled with Chivs reverses and backswings. But even when he didn't do any of that he was a solid as fuck player, he was kinda doing his age old helicopter moves the other night. And whilst it was a bit confusing, I quickly realized he can't see shit when he does any of that and swiftly returned him to the respawn menu. But ahh, half the time he got me. No biggie, but the fact is his wonky animations don't really apply to a high skill ceiling. You don't need to spin ur mouse 360 degrees to do a really good drag or accel.

It's more like a smooth, very quick flick of your mouse. All whilst having a beautiful, clear view of the person in front of you.

Who you're probably going to murder.

Spazzy players are just relying on a gimmick.

They will soon realize it won't get them too far.

777 1029

You're not supposed to be able to read them until you are good. Train your mind to focus on the right things and it is easy. Most of these players aren't even "good" they have memorized a series of inputs which results in them getting free-hits on bad players. They cannot adapt if you take the momentum from them.

Literally just wait cause you know there will be morphs and then chamber into an accel and they will panic parry 99% of the time... so you feint.

Game is ez

113 80

Roll for initiative

156 130

@DodgeThisYouBastarddd said:
Roll for initiative

roll's 1d20

1

....goddamn it.

2375 4819
  • 20 Jun
 Maci

Right click to attempt a parry (Roll)

113 80

@alonesilverwolf
You hesitate, and your opponent advances, feinting his maul.
Roll a DC12 WIS save.
You have no proficiency or bonus.

156 130

@DodgeThisYouBastarddd said:
@alonesilverwolf
You hesitate, and your opponent advances, feinting his maul.
Roll a DC12 WIS save.
You have no proficiency or bonus.

rolls 1d20

14

Finally, looking up!

...god this is making me miss DnD :c

Knight 466 909
  • 20 Jun
 wierHL

Is this the RNG thread?

1405 1473

Roll Knowledge: Internet.
Then I will tell you whether you think this is the RNG thread or not.