Mordhau

Mordhau Twitch Rivals - June 18th!

Duke 5496 13122
  • 13 Jun
 Jax — Community Manager

Watch your favorite streamers battle it out for a sweet cash prize on Tuesday, June 18th at 12PM EST!

D85J56vXYAAO2_t

You can find the main coverage on https://www.twitch.tv/twitchrivals and each competitor will be streaming the event as well - see you there!

Duke 5496 13122
  • 13 Jun
 Jax — Community Manager

This topic has been pinned.

Duke 341 973

I'm not familiar with Twitch Rivals - are these Mordhau streamers like dueling or something? I'll watch it regardless.

Knight 40 91
  • 15 Jun
 Vegust

It will be 20 player FFA + 5v5 skirmishes + 5 player Horde (for EU and NA regions). Really strange choice of game modes tbh

1 1

Seems a bit odd.... maybe our clan should enter also.

95 81
  • 19 Jun
 HalldeiMaul

I scrolled a bit through it..the commentary was painful and maximum cringe.
The fighters apparently did not take themselves or the entire thing very serious (fists and frying pans, wooden shovels).

For a title that sounds like it wants to convey "Competitive matches", this was just awful and painful to see and hear.
I cannot believe this is the kind of thing that gets tens of thousands of dollars as a reward.

I had hoped to see e.g. 4v4 or 8v8 team based matches, maybe a ranked 1v1 duel progression of 12 people from 12 clans pyramiding towards a top 3..

I think I simply don't "get" Twitch. Or, well, maybe I am 25+ years too old for this kind of thing.

Still, good on Mordhau I guess?
Maybe we can use all this popularity and money to expand resources, develop actual Ladders and duel modes and get this all to be more interesting 6-12 months down the line.

5 0

@HalldeiMaul said:
I scrolled a bit through it..the commentary was painful and maximum cringe.
The fighters apparently did not take themselves or the entire thing very serious (fists and frying pans, wooden shovels).

For a title that sounds like it wants to convey "Competitive matches", this was just awful and painful to see and hear.
I cannot believe this is the kind of thing that gets tens of thousands of dollars as a reward.

I had hoped to see e.g. 4v4 or 8v8 team based matches, maybe a ranked 1v1 duel progression of 12 people from 12 clans pyramiding towards a top 3..

I think I simply don't "get" Twitch. Or, well, maybe I am 25+ years too old for this kind of thing.

Still, good on Mordhau I guess?
Maybe we can use all this popularity and money to expand resources, develop actual Ladders and duel modes and get this all to be more interesting 6-12 months down the line.

Don't be so quick to underestimate Frying Pans... they're better then people tend to think. Underrated imho. Good on the Twitchers to give some of the Underrated Weapons some much needed Spotlight.

2383 4841
  • 20 Jun
 Maci

Yeah it was just pure fucking cringe but that made it entertaining.
Would love to see an official Tourney from Triternion featuring actually good players sometime soon.

988 6970
  • 20 Jun
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been unpinned.

988 6970
  • 20 Jun
 marox — Project Lead

This topic has been closed.