Mordhau

If chivalry 2 doesn't have a feint/morph spam system im gone too

91 104
  • 13 Jun '19
 takemura

This combat is just idiotic beyond belief, and looks ridiculous, it is a fucking roulette, it is RNG based like, there is 0 skill in this garbage feint/morph system, it is like playing a card game or something were you get random shit and it is all about faking shit to make the opponent believe something else, it is not about how good are you at fighting no, it is all about faking shit.

And this is why people play with shields, because they let you bypass entirely or minimize the effects of this dogshit RNG combat system.

Knight 12 26
  • 13 Jun '19
 mjgardener

Many people deal with morphs and feints just fine. It takes time and skill to read them.

80 117
  • 13 Jun '19
 PinkerStinklage

agreed, these exploits need to be removed asap

91 104
  • 13 Jun '19
 takemura

@mjgardener said:
Many people deal with morphs and feints just fine. It takes time and skill to read them.

There is no way to get skilled at RNG.

Knight 12 26
  • 13 Jun '19
 mjgardener

@takemura said:

@mjgardener said:

There is no way to get skilled at RNG.

Train yourself to block at the last moment, and keep your distance from your foe so their attack takes longer to reach you. You will find feints to be a lot more readable. Try to chamber your opponent's stabs and some of their strikes. if they feint then your chamber will land and damage them. if they morph then you can feint to parry. if you fall for a feint, no worries. if there is a gap between you and your opponent you can run away and strike them if they miss. you can also try to jump over / duck under their swing

Knight 12 26
  • 13 Jun '19
 mjgardener

And it's hard for your foe to morph or feint if you control the pace of the fight, so be aggressive

777 1031
  • 13 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

Why do people act like there is a choice between playing both games... you can play and enjoy both...

6 9
  • 13 Jun '19
 13R0KEN

As someone said before me the answer to that is to read your opponent and be aggressive to control the fight. While shields might negate feinting because of the held block if he's aggressive with his kicks and positioning your shield won't matter much and actually be a liability.

Y'know assuming you can read your opponent with the laggy servers atm.

1827 1915
  • 13 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

You will be long gone before Chivalry is released.

214 179
6 9
  • 13 Jun '19
 13R0KEN

@Dialectic said:
https://youtu.be/0RkapfBYIfc

Netotigr is that you?

Knight 7768 14315
44 31
  • 13 Jun '19
 'Lock

@takemura said:
This combat is just idiotic beyond belief, and looks ridiculous, it is a fucking roulette, it is RNG based like, there is 0 skill in this garbage feint/morph system, it is like playing a card game or something were you get random shit and it is all about faking shit to make the opponent believe something else, it is not about how good are you at fighting no, it is all about faking shit.

And this is why people play with shields, because they let you bypass entirely or minimize the effects of this dogshit RNG combat system.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I mained hanzo with an 80% Winrate, I'd crush your little cuck rng skull with my huge hanzo monkey dick you fakey shit, shit cunt

Fucking roulette rng card games mayne

717 605

so ppl who complain about feints and morphs are just all people with shitty reaction times and are trying to predict when to parry way too early, yah?

274 322
  • 13 Jun '19
 DrGert

@takemura said:

If combat was limited to parry/riposte it would only lead to stalemates or just turn into a stamina game which would make smaller and lighter weapons useless against mauls and evening stars.

Have you ever tried to feint someone better than you and they don’t fall for it? It’s just practice, dude. There is literally nothing RNG about this game unless you count dying to a treb on camp.

Besides.. feints are easy to read. It’s much harder to parry an attack from a player who contorts their body at wierd angles and drags their attacks.

If you’re fighting someone who only uses feints to throw you off. Literally all you have to do is swing at them and you will land a hit..

91 104
  • 14 Jun '19
 takemura

@DrGert said:

Besides.. feints are easy to read. It’s much harder to parry an attack from a player who contorts their body at wierd angles and drags their attacks.

Did you read the part where i said the combat looks ridiculous?

1322 2009

The irony of comparing Mordhau's "garbage mechanics" to Chivalry's...

Knight 697 1611
  • 14 Jun '19
 das

Chivalry 2 could have other cool stuff like pommel bash, shove, shoulder bash, elbow bash, shield bash. Those would be a good alternative to chambers and instant-reverses and have the same defensive function when it comes to dealing with staggered attacks when you don't have initiative but read that they didn't riposte and thus gave up some initiative of their own.

Chivalry 2 is confirmed to have a drop kick (there is a clip of it not in the trailer) and downed fighting mechanics. Anyone's guess how this will work lol.

Chivalry 2 could have weapons handle extremely differently. Chivalry 1 already had flails and spears have a rather unique stab and overhead respectively. Chivalry 2 is still confirmed to have three distinct weapon attacks (slash, overhead, stab) whereas Mordhau has two (strike, stab). Chivalry 2's slash is confirmed to have a "Hold" modifier. Mordhau has morphs for both attacks.

From the footage, I speculate Chivalry 2 to have a new mechanic concerning the parry, I call it the blue parry. In the same aforementioned clip, you see a guy 1v2'ing some guys. The first enemy with an axe windsup and prompts the player to parry, but that axe guy misses. His buddy then swings at the player. The player still defends with the same parry, but blue sparks come out instead of the typical orange ones. This must be Chivalry 2's own solution to the intentional whiff in 1vX problem, but how it functions is anyone's guess.

Chivalry 2 could possibly place a bigger emphasis on aiming parries in exchange for making reading and stuff easier. I'm curious as to how they will handle this.

Emperor 399 923
  • 14 Jun '19
 Soulcatcher

ooga booga

caveman no patient caveman no watch enemy

no keep smooth mouse movement and gud distaance 2 read atack and feint or morph

caveman potentially twitchy RMB hero

have bad time

try have good time

yabadabadoooooooooooo

129 141
  • 14 Jun '19
 chill_clinton
  1. Feints are not RNG.

2. You sound like you struggle with defense in this game, and in general, so you use a shield to bypass the skill gap that exists and get mad that its even there to begin with. OK, have fun in chiv 2 when it comes out I guess. The rest of us enjoy the skill involved in performing and reading feints, extra diffcult when your opponent is deceptive with their footwork and movement. Extra deadly when you can do that yourself.

Try taking some time to learn through duelling, aka gitgud.