Mordhau

SDK Or Unreal Editor?!

39 150

If we can't have an SDK in a timely fashion, is it possible to make and use maps using the UE4 editor?

1 0

That would be sick

120 155

Since the SDK technically IS Unreal Engine, you can download Unreal right now and start blocking out the general layout of your map using Unreal's default shapes and brushes. When the SK is release you just continue working in your map (or simply select all objects and copy&paste it into an SDK map) and then start filling out the details with actual meshes.

I would NOT import your own assets just yet. We don't know what is and what isn't allowed by the SDK. You don't want to import a ton of fancy medieval castle assets only to find it's impossible to properly migrate those assets to a custom Mordhau map.

Knight 934 941
  • 13 Jun
 afiNity

Imo in theory it should already be possible to make custom maps for mordhau.

2 0
  • 13 Jun
 NOMTheBear

Agreed, this should be the next thing to be released. This community will be able to create more content and keep this game afloat. This combined with more self-hosting server support that make it easier for admins to run their servers.

39 150

@Shitscrubber64 said:
Since the SDK technically IS Unreal Engine, you can download Unreal right now and start blocking out the general layout of your map using Unreal's default shapes and brushes. When the SK is release you just continue working in your map (or simply select all objects and copy&paste it into an SDK map) and then start filling out the details with actual meshes.

I would NOT import your own assets just yet. We don't know what is and what isn't allowed by the SDK. You don't want to import a ton of fancy medieval castle assets only to find it's impossible to properly migrate those assets to a custom Mordhau map.

Yeah, I mean stealing assets from the current maps could be done I'd imagine but we'd need to know what version of the UE4 engine is used and little fiddly things like that. As you say the SDK is the editor but having the devs clarify some of the details would be nice. If it's possible to just use the editor, that would be awesome and an sdk wouldn't be needed.

534 286
  • 13 Jun
 Gambit

@unabridgedpenis said:

@Shitscrubber64 said:

Yeah, I mean stealing assets from the current maps could be done I'd imagine but we'd need to know what version of the UE4 engine is used and little fiddly things like that. As you say the SDK is the editor but having the devs clarify some of the details would be nice. If it's possible to just use the editor, that would be awesome and an sdk wouldn't be needed.

The sdk is what will be used for functional mods and ue will be for maps. Unless they suddenly open source it.