Mordhau

Suggestion: "stops on hit"-weapons need purpose

42 57
  • 13 Jun '19
 kiwi12

The downside of "stops on hit" from weapons doesnt feel justified, especially for maces and hammers(excluding nuclear bomb). They deal a bit more damage overall but still need the same amount of hits in most cases. In general theyre slower too.
In a perfect world they would outclass slice weapons against armor any time but the dmg gap here is too small to matter.

So not even cant they combo if they land a hit but they cant slash through multiple enemys and hit them for damage or atack stops. It makes hits more predictable if you cant continue dragging animations.

They need an additional purpose or this perk makes them worse than any other weapon without hitstop in direct comparison.

What could improve them:

• Give them the shieldbreaker role and let shield users take damage on block.
  • Let them make people faint faster by draining stamina on hit/block.
Knight 7768 14315
  • 13 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

based nonsense poster

Knight 4115 4390
  • 13 Jun '19
 pizza boy

@ToLazy4Name said:
based nonsense poster

lazy

Knight 7768 14315
  • 13 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@CaptainGaymer said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
based nonsense poster

lazy

hello captain

42 57
  • 13 Jun '19
 kiwi12

@ToLazy4Name said:
based nonsense poster

less quantity more quality

114 197

Except all the hitstop weapons two-hit tier 3, and they also have better combos since the next attack starts immediately on hit rather than having to wait for the weapon to complete the release phase.

42 57
  • 13 Jun '19
 kiwi12

@Lord Petyr Baelish said:
Except all the hitstop weapons two-hit tier 3, and they also have better combos since the next attack starts immediately on hit rather than having to wait for the weapon to complete the release phase.

thats not true. they cant combo on hitstop. With hitstop, if you press atack while you atack and hit an enemy the atack stops and there will be no follow up atack as combo saved in the queue. you need to initiate the next normal atack yourself.

if you can aim for the head t3 armor drops in 2 hits from slice weapons aswell and they even have the better stab atack for diversity.

release phase only matters if you miss a target. so it doesnt matter which weapon youre using here. if you hit the target it resets him anyways. noone who hits their target has ever had problems waiting for his release phase to end. its the opposite, the release phase is there for dragging and fucking with the enemys block time-window.

114 197

@kiwi12 said:

thats not true. they cant combo on hitstop. With hitstop, if you press atack while you atack and hit an enemy the atack stops and there will be no follow up atack as combo saved in the queue. you need to initiate the next normal atack yourself.

if you can aim for the head t3 armor drops in 2 hits from slice weapons aswell and they even have the better stab atack for diversity.

release phase only matters if you miss a target. so it doesnt matter which weapon youre using here. if you hit the target it resets him anyways. noone who hits their target has ever had problems waiting for his release phase to end. its the opposite, the release phase is there for dragging and fucking with the enemys block time-window.

You know what I mean by combo. As for slashing weapons two-hitting tier 3, it depends on the weapon. And "they have a better stab attack" is just false, all the weapons have different stabs, the eveningstar for example outclasses a ton of stab weapons with its stabs.

release phase only matters if you miss a target

lol

42 57
  • 13 Jun '19
 kiwi12

You know what I mean by combo.

obviously no. in this game its defined whats a combo and what not and how to do one.
tutorial npc knows.

the eveningstar for example outclasses a ton of stab weapons with its stabs.

are we still talking about the same game?

80 117
  • 13 Jun '19
 PinkerStinklage

a lot of the points you bring up simply arent true.

@kiwi12 said:
The downside of "stops on hit" from weapons doesnt feel justified, especially for maces and hammers(excluding nuclear bomb). They deal a bit more damage overall but still need the same amount of hits in most cases. In general theyre slower too.

i strongly suggest you take a deeper look at weapon stats before you start claiming shit like this.

So not even cant they combo if they land a hit but they cant slash through multiple enemys and hit them for damage or atack stops. It makes hits more predictable if you cant continue dragging animations.

i'm not 100% sure, but i think you can morph the next attack after a hitstop which in some cases is BETTER than comboing when it comes to being less predictable.

also, if an attack were to kill an enemy, it will cleave through to hit more people.

They need an additional purpose or this perk makes them worse than any other weapon without hitstop in direct comparison.

177 259
  • 13 Jun '19
 Shitscrubber64

Blunt weapons having an additional niche like fucking up someone's stamina or shield doesn't sound half bad in theory. Would need considerable tweaking to be actually balanced though.

47 34
  • 14 Jun '19
 mr_jah

Heavy hitting weapons like evening/maul/etc. should be the shield bane for sure, otherwise when you meet shield bearer you're just dead with almost no excludes. They have to be very new to let you kick them or to put hit behind the shield somehow.

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@mr_jah said:
They have to be very new to let you kick them or to put hit behind the shield somehow.

90% of the shield players I run up against can be killed easily by doing jump strikes over the shield or feinting into a kick/chamber morphing into a kick

47 34
  • 14 Jun '19
 mr_jah

@ToLazy4Name said:

@mr_jah said:
They have to be very new to let you kick them or to put hit behind the shield somehow.

90% of the shield players I run up against can be killed easily by doing jump strikes over the shield or feinting into a kick/chamber morphing into a kick

can you kindly share something about jump strikes and how to do them properly ?

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@mr_jah said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@mr_jah said:

You start a strike and then jump at a particular time into your windup, preferably with a stab or overhead. If the enemy doesn't look up, you smack them over the shield.

47 34
  • 14 Jun '19
 mr_jah

@ToLazy4Name said:

@mr_jah said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@mr_jah said:

You start a strike and then jump at a particular time into your windup, preferably with a stab or overhead. If the enemy doesn't look up, you smack them over the shield.

I see.. i've seen some epileptic jumpers before :) does the weapon length matter in that case ?

Knight 7768 14315
  • 14 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@mr_jah said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@mr_jah said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@mr_jah said:

I see.. i've seen some epileptic jumpers before :) does the weapon length matter in that case ?

A longer weapon helps, but the most important factor is your opponent not looking up.

777 1031
  • 14 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

@kiwi12 said:
What could improve them:

• Give them the shieldbreaker role and let shield users take damage on block.
  • Let them make people faint faster by draining stamina on hit/block.

I'm down for making them better against shields somehow cause peacerer is just a gay boi