Mordhau

If Chivalry 2 has non nerfed archery it is bye bye

162 104

@Holden said:

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:

@Borschik said:
It is good if all puny archers will leave the game. They just waste slots in a team most of the time like a bard does.

Class variety is allready very low. Most classes play to simular to each other. Almost non of the weapons has any special moves or unique selling points. Most of them are only slightly different from each other in terms of attack time and damage. There are also not many maps or gamemodes.

So many people are allready bored from the game.
A lot of people are playing archer. Most of them will soon leave or have allready left, because of how shitty the class plays. I dont think you can maintain a large playerbase on melee only combat, so the game will probably bleed out over the year or latest when chiv 2 is comming out.

And all of that only because of you people being so biased towards twohander gameplay that you wont allow any other class to be equally viable.

Duhhhh why don't weapons have special moves herrr. Activate whirlwind! My special meter has charged!!!!!

It doesnt need to be diablo style attacks. But most weapons play to simular to each other and the weapons which play different are made weak on purpose, like bow and arrow or onehander. And where are the wiplike medieval flails ? They are missing entirely.

I understand that this is ment to be a more realistic game then diablo is. But if this is the case then why can you block every attack, no matter from which direction it is comming from, with just one simple block key ? Why dont you have to move your mouse in the direction the attack is coming from additional to pressing the block key? Why do small daggers have the same start up time on attacks then giant twohander weapons? If there is a difference in startup time between smaller and larger weapons then it is barely noticable.

The core combat in this game feels good,maybe a little slow, but still very good, but it has not really much depth to it beyond feinting, delaying your attacks and chambering. For some thats enough and the best thing in the world playing 24/7 with their op twohander weapons on duell server, but the rest of us is missing more variety in the class builds, so that you can top frag not only with twohanders but also with bows or onehander.

404 603
  • 15 Jun '19
 smug

This thread isn't wrong, if melee takes over your archery game it will indeed be bye bye for your archery players

Shit posting aside its ironic that even at archery's most absurd level in Chivalry it didn't stop "muh melee" players from playing Chiv. What stopped MOST people from playing chiv were drags/accels/animation fuckery/feints which is pretty much sanctioned gameplay at this point. People were scrimming against a literal hacker (bigs) in a game where archery was broken as all fuck and still didn't quit the game.

The developers stance toward gameplay that isn't 2h duel/skirm meta and token 1h weapons is troubling. At this point we will never get systems like shields/archery/horses to be balanced because they simply just don't care. We will still have broken perks like huntsman long into 2020 ruining longbow 1v1s because "hurr it's a melee game!"

Furthermore it makes me roll around on my floor laughing because most of the things that were retarded about Chiv archery were simply offloaded into other areas. Horses being able to 1 shot you while having less of a skill ceiling than being a good projectile aim player is fucking hillarious. Catapults are hillarious. Ballistas being more overpowered that anything that chiv archery offered is hillarious. 2 hit body shot javs also 1 hitting t2 helmets is hillarious. (devs played comp chiv btw) Come on Mordhau devs.

367 341
  • 15 Jun '19
 Peacerer

@smug said:
because they simply just don't care.

Oh, they do care. Developers trying to "fix" shields for years in order to not stay in the way to 2h gameplay. So little love went into archery, yet at the same time so well thought out how to implement archery subpar. Developers try hard to implement everything in place to not cause inconvenience to two-handers play. Being that with obvious hinders such as for example bow drop upon hit as well as with secret parameters in code such as bow weight. https://steamcommunity.com/app/629760/discussions/0/1652171126137150196/ I'm sure the most brainstorming upon archery development went into various ideas how to implement it inferior, how not to let archery excel in anything yet still release it into game.

Basically it gives to wonder what kinda person Mr. Grgurovič trully is.

1749 1793
  • 15 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

What I don't understand is why out of all people archers are mocked. Everyone with half a brain cell can top the score board with a halberd or zweihander and somehow still bows are considered a crutch.
You guys running around with heavy armor and Boodlust are the real pussies and you know it.

192 99
Knight 7768 14309
  • 15 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@SWSeriousMike said:
What I don't understand is why out of all people archers are mocked. Everyone with half a brain cell can top the score board with a halberd or zweihander and somehow still bows are considered a crutch.
You guys running around with heavy armor and Boodlust are the real pussies and you know it.

The guy running around with bloodlust is outplaying people. The guy with the bow is simply aiming well.

404 603
  • 15 Jun '19
 smug

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

The guy running around with bloodlust is outplaying people. The guy with the bow is simply aiming well.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha

The only difference between these two is subjective classification to what an "outplay" is

Knight 7768 14309
  • 15 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@smug said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@SWSeriousMike said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahaha

The only difference between these two is subjective classification to what an "outplay" is

So you think beating someone in melee combat with all the mechanics therein is less impressive than shooting a bow at someone where the only thing that determines if they die or not is how well you aim and when they happen to mash RMB? intredasting

20 26
  • 17 Jun '19
 Holden

@SWSeriousMike said:

this guy with the portal avatar is really fucking stupid

Knight 7768 14309
1749 1793
  • 17 Jun '19
 SWSeriousMike

@ToLazy4Name said:
So you think beating someone in melee combat with all the mechanics therein is less impressive than shooting a bow at someone where the only thing that determines if they die or not is how well you aim and when they happen to mash RMB? intredasting

Unflinchable riposte swings in height of the head is hardly "all the mechanics". That's not impressive at all.
The "how well you aim" part on the other hand can be impressive.
I can do the riposte headswing stuff (because it is simple), I can't aim well with the bow. So yes, to me the latter is more impressive than the former (most of the time).

18 21
  • 17 Jun '19
 Breidr

@smug said:
This thread isn't wrong, if melee takes over your archery game it will indeed be bye bye for your archery players

Shit posting aside its ironic that even at archery's most absurd level in Chivalry it didn't stop "muh melee" players from playing Chiv. What stopped MOST people from playing chiv were drags/accels/animation fuckery/feints which is pretty much sanctioned gameplay at this point. People were scrimming against a literal hacker (bigs) in a game where archery was broken as all fuck and still didn't quit the game.

The developers stance toward gameplay that isn't 2h duel/skirm meta and token 1h weapons is troubling. At this point we will never get systems like shields/archery/horses to be balanced because they simply just don't care. We will still have broken perks like huntsman long into 2020 ruining longbow 1v1s because "hurr it's a melee game!"

Furthermore it makes me roll around on my floor laughing because most of the things that were retarded about Chiv archery were simply offloaded into other areas. Horses being able to 1 shot you while having less of a skill ceiling than being a good projectile aim player is fucking hillarious. Catapults are hillarious. Ballistas being more overpowered that anything that chiv archery offered is hillarious. 2 hit body shot javs also 1 hitting t2 helmets is hillarious. (devs played comp chiv btw) Come on Mordhau devs.

This is what gets me. Archery is the devil but horses being able to couch me in spawn is fine? I think horses are a bigger problem honestly. Yeah, I have a billhook, but the skill it takes to fight a horse vs. the skill it takes to fight ON a horse is a huge gap. I understand horses are force multipliers, but in a game that is supposidly a "melee game" it doesn't add up. They shit on the "2H meta" as much as the other things, but I guess MLG players need a way to top scoreboards.