Mordhau

Should couched weapons have a chance of breaking?

Knight 7577 13875
  • 11 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

No? Why would you want rng in this game wtf

383 577
  • 11 Jun
 smug

horses should take a lot of dmg if you crash into walls

777 1029

@ToLazy4Name said:
No? Why would you want rng in this game wtf

Fighting a horse is rng unless you have a bow

8 5
  • 11 Jun
 Ugliaticus

No. Just no. Weapon breakage / degradation in games always takes away fun from the gaming experience. Screw realism I'm all about them kills.

5 3
  • 12 Jun
 LukeSkywish

Like you when you block an incoming couched lance the lancer should also lose his weapon. Just my opinion... Don't mind me 😋

777 1029

Real lances break guys.

125 101

But most people dont use lances. Plus no one wants rng in a skill based game

777 1029

Everyone complains that horses require no-skill but if someone suggests that their magical 1-shotting stick of death should be able to break (like real ones often do) then all of the sudden this is no good cause it is gonna hurt the skill of the game lmao.

Also if you aren't using a lance, like 3 inch diameter of solid fucking wood, then whatever else you are using would only be more likely to break.

I really don't understand the resistance to this, seeing as how there is a massive pile of lances that it'd take you a second to grab another.

But just no. Mordau players are dumb. No wonder it is so easy to kill like 80 of you in 10 minutes.

Knight 460 891
  • 13 Jun
 wierHL

It doesn't have to be RNG, just give lances a set number of couched kills they can get before breaking.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 13 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

how about not making your suggestion RNG, or better yet suggesting something that just makes horses not obnoxious in the first place?

777 1029

@ToLazy4Name said:
how about not making your suggestion RNG, or better yet suggesting something that just makes horses not obnoxious in the first place?

Because knowing the exact amount of times you can use a lance before it breaks seems wrong. If it has a 50% chance of breaking it will break in 1 or 2 hits. Rather than a set amount where you know it will break in 2 hits which isn't how a fucking lance works.

And it will still kill when it breaks. If that is why you are worried it will affect the skill of the game? If it only breaks after you found success, how does this remove any aspect of skill from the game?

Knight 7577 13875
  • 13 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Because knowing the exact amount of times you can use a lance before it breaks seems wrong. If it has a 50% chance of breaking it will break in 1 or 2 hits. Rather than a set amount where you know it will break in 2 hits which isn't how a fucking lance works.

And it will still kill when it breaks. If that is why you are worried it will affect the skill of the game? If it only breaks after you found success, how does this remove any aspect of skill from the game?

I'm not worried about it affecting skill, i'm worried about it being an RNG mechanic which is fucking retarded because RNG is retarded

114 192

Just nerf the gravitational suppression field that all horses have as a 10m aura around them and make it so they only flinch you if you actually get hit by the horse rather than if you're in the same country ==> horses fixed.

777 1029

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

I'm not worried about it affecting skill, i'm worried about it being an RNG mechanic which is fucking retarded because RNG is retarded

Then a couched hit should break the weapon 100% of the time problem solllved

125 101

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Your idea is still bad

777 1029

@Pandamansleep said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

Your idea is still bad

Not as bad as your rebuttal

125 101

Cavalry just would not be fun anymore if your weapon breaks on the first hit. No one would use it anymore. The devs aren't gonna spend a lot of time and effort to make something only to nerf it into uselessness

Knight 7577 13875
  • 13 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

@smellycathawk said:

@ToLazy4Name said:

yes