Mordhau

I appreciate the mini buff but archery is still a joke

Knight 148 97
  • 12 Jun
 Lilboots

@Cheto said:

@Lilboots said:
I disagree, kills are extremely easy and with a good group you will dominate based on your aim. As an archer myself i thought they were plenty strong before the patch and it wasn't necessary. I play aggressively and do objective points and topping the score board isnt difficult at all.

Also the age old and pointless arguement "it ruins the game/fights etc" has been something said for a long time and wont change, you will need to get over that part.

Crossbow and Shortbow have their application and are effective where you use them.

In this delusional world were you come from and were archers are actually good etc do they have cultural marxism too?, because if not im packing my things and move to that world.

Yea, there arent many but they are out there, good archers are few..... but they are out there

Duke 544 898
  • 12 Jun
 Goatie

Most archers just suck at melee which is why their scores are usually low. Good archers also fuck people up in close range and are good at picking off lone targets or flankers.

113 79

I've had more success by spamming with the recurve while lagging than actually aiming for an enemy. Of course, I'm not close to being a decent archer, but even with landing consecutive shots, it is hard to score a kill.
While the head hitbox bobs around a lot during attacks or damage animations I struggle to land my shots on those enemies.

I feel like that archery is slightly too hard to pick up in this game.

Knight 148 97
  • 12 Jun
 Lilboots

@Goatie said:
Most archers just suck at melee which is why their scores are usually low. Good archers also fuck people up in close range and are good at picking off lone targets or flankers.

Id still smash you goatie... XoXo

Duke 544 898
  • 12 Jun
 Goatie

Oh how I doubt that boots my darling

1 0
  • 12 Jun
 dogsnake

archery should never be more viable than it is now, and only exists to annoy everyone else

385 578
  • 12 Jun
 smug

@dogsnake said:
archery should never be more viable than it is now, and only exists to annoy everyone else

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Knight 115 67

Get more gametime with archery! Remember a game like this you won't master in 5k hours. Archery becomes extremly dangerous when you start doing consistent headshots and learn to aim properly against moving opponents!

Take riders on horses for example, many claim that its to hard to hit them because the projectile speed is to slow. But the truth is you just have to calculate where the rider will be when the shot lands. Aim higher, more to left/right etc.. It will take a good amount of time to just learn the basics of everything in this game. The bow or crossbow is not an ballista but could use a small buff on the projectile speed and mechanics. For example: Getting hit with a weapon while holding a bow makes you drop it should be removed, The cancel time on arrows should be reduced etc etc

91 104
  • 13 Jun
 takemura

@DailyMilkman said:
Get more gametime with archery! Remember a game like this you won't master in 5k hours. Archery becomes extremly dangerous when you start doing consistent headshots and learn to aim properly against moving opponents!

Take riders on horses for example, many claim that its to hard to hit them because the projectile speed is to slow. But the truth is you just have to calculate where the rider will be when the shot lands. Aim higher, more to left/right etc.. It will take a good amount of time to just learn the basics of everything in this game. The bow or crossbow is not an ballista but could use a small buff on the projectile speed and mechanics. For example: Getting hit with a weapon while holding a bow makes you drop it should be removed, The cancel time on arrows should be reduced etc etc

Shut the fuck up you are not gonna give classes to someone that primarly played Hanzo in Overwatch with 80% winrate with him.

Duke 544 898
  • 13 Jun
 Goatie

Lol hanzo

18 21
  • 13 Jun
 Breidr

I'm more annoyed at getting spawnkilled by horses than archers at the moment. Just throwing that out there.

367 340
  • 13 Jun
 Peacerer

@smug said:

@dogsnake said:

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

I'm afraid he wouldn't understand it even if he read it.

Knight 115 67

@takemura said:

@DailyMilkman said:

Shut the fuck up you are not gonna give classes to someone that primarly played Hanzo in Overwatch with 80% winrate with him.

Why would anyone play overwatch anyways lmao

44 31
  • 13 Jun
 'Lock

@Cheto said:

@Deadmode said:

Archery should not ruin the melee experience. That balance needs to be maintained.

Muh muhlee cum bat. What balance? ahhhh!!! the one were archers are garbage and just food for melee fags.

fuck off.

It's primarily a melee game, my friend.

Archery is only in there for a bit of medieval variety, but it's not even bad.

I like playing archer from time to time and consistently do well. Keep a dagger for when they do get close to you and don't position yourself like an ape: then you're food for nobody. With only vaguely intelligent positioning you're unkillable except for projectiles.

Maybe you're not much good.

Knight 1382 3152

oh one of these threads

likely started by a player that is sub par at archery

the truth is

with the current archery, if you're actually not trash at it

you're going to piss off a lot of people in the server.

367 340
  • 14 Jun
 Peacerer

@'Lock said:

@Cheto said:

@Deadmode said:

Archery should not ruin the melee experience. That balance needs to be maintained.

Muh muhlee cum bat. What balance? ahhhh!!! the one were archers are garbage and just food for melee fags.

fuck off.

I like playing archer from time to time and consistently do well.

When shills say that i know they are crap even in close combat.

44 31
  • 14 Jun
 'Lock

@Peacerer said:

@'Lock said:

@Cheto said:

@Deadmode said:

fuck off.

I'm sensing a lot of limp dick energy from you small son

367 340
  • 14 Jun
 Peacerer

@'Lock said:

@Peacerer said:

@'Lock said:

@Cheto said:

@Deadmode said:

fuck off.

Are you EU? Yes? Come duel me and show me how well you do consistently. I will record it, and if it turns out you play like crap you will write here you're a liar. If i get owned i will publicly apologize here admitting i was wrong about you.

44 31
  • 14 Jun
 'Lock

@Peacerer said:

@'Lock said:

@Peacerer said:

@'Lock said:

@Cheto said:

@Deadmode said:

fuck off.

Are you EU? Yes? Come duel me and show me how well you do consistently. I will record it, and if it turns out you play like crap you will write here you're a liar. If i get owned i will publicly apologize here admitting i was wrong about you.

What are you dribbling on about you ape

10 3

Sir they moved archery class to the Javelin, please direct your queries there.