Mordhau

I appreciate the mini buff but archery is still a joke

58 43
  • 11 Jun
 Cheto

I don't udnerstand, you are so against ranged weapons but you introduced spears and last patch you even buffed the ballista building which are actually really annoying because of the tremendous spam this things do compared to archers.

Archery needs more arrow speed and not "buff this but nerf the other" it is just pointless...

Also recurve bow and Crosbow are a joke to be honest what is the point of those? specially Crossbow that reload is just dogshit, what is even the point of that?

51 60

archery is just fundamentally flawed in a game that has a combat system that orients around close quarters. it seems to literally only exist to fuck up any actually interesting fights. i don't really understand the point of maining an archer in a game that pays so much attention to detail on melee combat mechanics. it really looks like it's a class for people who can't fight but still want to have some modicum of fun or impact on the match. i don't think you should EVER be top fragging as an archer.

147 175
  • 11 Jun
 smug

@CocyxTheGaySkeleton said:
archery is just fundamentally flawed in a game that has a combat system that orients around close quarters. it seems to literally only exist to fuck up any actually interesting fights. i don't really understand the point of maining an archer in a game that pays so much attention to detail on melee combat mechanics. it really looks like it's a class for people who can't fight but still want to have some modicum of fun or impact on the match. i don't think you should EVER be top fragging as an archer.

Probably because it's not only a melee game.

Knight 60 41
  • 11 Jun
 Optimates

There's such a tough balance to achieve.
I think archers should be able to be top scorers.

However, only a very very skilled archer, I think this should be balanced with a shift towards encouraging headshots.

I'd like to see:

• headshot points bonus (archers higher on the scoreboard even if they aren't getting that much stronger)
  • damage scaling that encourages headshots and discourages body/legshots. EG, 20% less damage than currently on body and legshots and 20% more damage on headshots. Still two shot longbow and xbow against t3 helmets though.

More archery focused mechanics, some basic ideas. (Not all of them are great, but just to get the creative juice flowing)

• Increase utility of arching by making legshots useful?.. short term small movement penalty associated with being hit by arrows in the legs, multiplied by how many times you're hit there.
  • face hits obscuring vision (until arrows are removed by pressing e)?
  • Arching utility might encourage shield use in frontlines?

No further ideas for the moment..

309 270
  • 11 Jun
 Peacerer

i don't think you should EVER be top fragging as an archer.

That's your opinion, which doesn't much differ from those who, like you, hate archery. Or those claiming archery is only a support role, arrow piercing armor is unrealistic, archers are cancer, archers are gays, archery is OP, archery is simple, it's only point and click etc.

I think you should be top fragging as an archer IF you play it good. You should be among top score many times if you're a decent aimer. How it stands now is you can split on half try hard with super duper aim and still rarely top the chart - which is wrong!

I can tell you differently incase you don't understand or better say you don't want to accept the above. Take me as an example. I was 1h+s, later when archery came, bow player in alpha. The rest of alphaers knew, more or less, that i sucked with 2h. Also I consider myself much better aimer than a melee player, yet i do a "miracle" playing with 2h since release all the time doing top score. I'm like #1 in 90% of the time playing 2h.
With archery i could NOT do this, maybe occasionally, but not even half as viable as with 2h weaponry. The thing is archery is gimped on purpose. There's no sane person could honestly deny that.

Knight 93 362
  • 11 Jun
 McMercy

@Peacerer said:

i don't think you should EVER be top fragging as an archer.

2h elitism buhu bad devs buff archery

Have you ever left a single comment on this forum that couldn't be used as a copy pasta? god i love you

Knight 140 83
  • 11 Jun
 Lilboots

I disagree, kills are extremely easy and with a good group you will dominate based on your aim. As an archer myself i thought they were plenty strong before the patch and it wasn't necessary. I play aggressively and do objective points and topping the score board isnt difficult at all.

Also the age old and pointless arguement "it ruins the game/fights etc" has been something said for a long time and wont change, you will need to get over that part.

Crossbow and Shortbow have their application and are effective where you use them.

15 4

Recurve bow is amazing. Even in close range you can get off 3 shots before a guy reaches you. If you get 2 headshots its a kill. Longbow is for killing archers, crossbow is meh still.

302 305
  • 11 Jun
 Deadmode

I don't care whether archers top the boards or not, or if their scoring is modified to allow it. I just don't want to be flinched or killed every 2s by an arrow in a melee game. However archery is balanced or improved, as long as this doesn't happen, im cool with it.

309 270
302 305
  • 11 Jun
 Deadmode

@Peacerer said:
L2WASD

Don't be an idiot.

160 101

@BuffRobloxGuy said:
Longbow is for killing archers.

Except that hitting someone on longer range is totally random, because of the slow arrow travel speed. Good luck killing archers on longer range with it. What a waste of 11 points.

160 101

@Peacerer said:
L2WASD

Either that or just parry them. Most of the time its even enough to run at the archer in a unpredictable way. The reload and string pulling time for longbows is so long that the archer has often only time to get two shots out before you reach him and hit the bow out of his hand.

302 305
  • 11 Jun
 Deadmode

@BudSpencer_vs_TheHound said:

@Peacerer said:
L2WASD

Either that or just parry them. Most of the time its even enough to run at the archer in a unpredictable way. The reload and string pulling time for longbows is so long that the archer has often only time to get two shots out before you reach him and hit the bow out of his hand.

I wasn’t even talking about running at a single archer.

I was talking about when engaged in melee with my attention on that, I wouldn’t want to be flinched all the time or killed by arrows.

Archery should not ruin the melee experience. That balance needs to be maintained.

Outside of that; sure, five archers points multipliers for headshots etc and allow them to climb the scoreboard etc.

29 34
  • 11 Jun
 Bmufumac

I main archer specifically to break up interesting fights. I play without team colors so I can memorize who the most skilled players are on the other team so I can prioritize shooting at them. I mean really, just parry the arrows dummy. Or just wiggle around them lmao. My favorite part is when they switch to the default archer class because they want to fire back, and then I plink them to death in one hit like it's nothing because they don't know how to play archer. I will do my best to ruin all of your fights. I will never let you enter a swordfight with all of your health. You will always be at a disadvantage. And then when you try and run around the map to sneak up on me, abandoning the rest of your team to fight it out, I'll brain you with a waraxe and you'll be dead. LMFAO. Swordcucks are pathetic.

54 68
  • 11 Jun
 negocromn

I main archer because I like being the annoying fag of the match.

I think the new recurve is more or less where archery should be, maybe another very slight buff or new mechanic would be good but it's definitely on a decent level already and it's very fun to play.

58 43
  • 11 Jun
 Cheto

@Lilboots said:
I disagree, kills are extremely easy and with a good group you will dominate based on your aim. As an archer myself i thought they were plenty strong before the patch and it wasn't necessary. I play aggressively and do objective points and topping the score board isnt difficult at all.

Also the age old and pointless arguement "it ruins the game/fights etc" has been something said for a long time and wont change, you will need to get over that part.

Crossbow and Shortbow have their application and are effective where you use them.

In this delusional world were you come from and were archers are actually good etc do they have cultural marxism too?, because if not im packing my things and move to that world.

58 43
  • 11 Jun
 Cheto

@Deadmode said:

Archery should not ruin the melee experience. That balance needs to be maintained.

Muh muhlee cum bat. What balance? ahhhh!!! the one were archers are garbage and just food for melee fags.

fuck off.

51 60

@Bmufumac said:
I main archer specifically to break up interesting fights. I play without team colors so I can memorize who the most skilled players are on the other team so I can prioritize shooting at them. I mean really, just parry the arrows dummy. Or just wiggle around them lmao. My favorite part is when they switch to the default archer class because they want to fire back, and then I plink them to death in one hit like it's nothing because they don't know how to play archer. I will do my best to ruin all of your fights. I will never let you enter a swordfight with all of your health. You will always be at a disadvantage. And then when you try and run around the map to sneak up on me, abandoning the rest of your team to fight it out, I'll brain you with a waraxe and you'll be dead. LMFAO. Swordcucks are pathetic.

i know youre trolling but i guarantee you get laid out by anyone who knows how to actually play

29 34
  • 11 Jun
 Bmufumac

lol you mean the sweaty nerds to know how to press q? Too bad they fall to pieces the moment you morph an attack or pull out a shield. What makes you think that just because I like to fill kniggas with arrows I don't know how to swordfight. People who can't take advantage of bows or other ranged weapons are missing out on half the game. If you can't dodge/parry arrows you have only yourself to blame.