Mordhau

Chivalry 2 was just announced on E3

777 1029

@Goatie said:
capture what made the first game great without reverse overheads.

Reverse overheads are what made me keep playing cause they were so fun, and funny, and satisfying. It matched the silly tone of the game actually.

And reverse overheads you could actually miss. The reverse slashes were skill-less messer loving garbage and game would have been better with those curtailed a bit... but reverse overheads are life...

Count 171 246

@smellycathawk said:

@✵ Legate Lanius ✵ said:

@HalldeiMaul said:
Look man, I got to poison wells and kill a royal family in Chivalry, despite broken bubbles, windup cheese and ballerinas.
That's why I got quadruple digit hours in it.
You bring that kind of thing times two to Chivalry 2 and you're set for sales man, shitty meme combat or not.

From the trailer showcasing the crappy combat and animations and based on their decision to go with Epic, it's clear that they are targeting another audience. Fortnite players will suit the game fine I suppose. As long as they are far I'm good.

Judging whether to buy a game based on the first trailer is just bad decision making no matter how you slice it.

Not to mention people are framing this as a decision to go with Epic. Meanwhile I have done zero research and I'm pretty confident that the only real decision Chivalry 2 had was go Epic, or don't exist.

The Epic issue is a second matter, but knowing Torn Banner and just by looking at the movements, combat animations etc. I'm not sold at all. Which is what a trailer is supposed to do : get you interested.

Most trailers got most of the basic stuff done right. If it isn't, might aswell stick the early access tag on it.

1083 6138
  • 6 Jul
 crushed — Art

Looking forward to see more of it, I wonder if they'll be able to top the industry defining success of Mirage with this new game

Knight 7571 13861

crushles mcmeleegod coming through with those classic polak bantz

Duke 544 897
  • 9 Jul
 Goatie

At least mirage had good maps and FUCKING SOUND

147 227

@crushed said:
Looking forward to see more of it, I wonder if they'll be able to top the industry defining success of Mirage with this new game

dude, your game is dying, lmao

Knight 34 30
  • 9 Jul
 Oatmate

I'd rather play Mirage than a minute more of crossroads

382 575
  • 9 Jul
 smug

Can u guys remove cross roads, or the horses from crossroads

319 417
  • 11 Jul
 ChuckJones

I came here to say 69

that is all

Knight 148 97
  • 12 Jul
 Lilboots

Chivalry developers were active a good couple of years at least...... Triternion barely lasted a month.

Mordhau's combat is excellent..... thats where it stops

Chivalry 2 will have atmosphere, gamemodes, Lore, maps............ Well everything Mordhau hasnt got. which is ALOT
Cant wait to be honest....... Developers lack of care has put this game as a stop gate for me, fill time until chiv 2 comes out.

Yea Yea you have the "ERMAGAWD it will be crap crowd", But the current decline of players leaving and telling me how boring mordhau is has me being very hopeful!!!

30 20
  • 12 Jul
 FΞNIX

I'm a very simple man, If they add similar/funnier emote sounds to chiv2, i'll buy it.

Conscript 647 1453
  • 12 Jul
 ohshitsorry

hello simple man

Count 171 246

@Goatie said:
At least mirage had good maps and FUCKING SOUND

Really? I don't remember anything of it, besides the feeling that it was a very bad attempt at mixing Overwatch and Chivalry shitty mechanics.

Duke 544 897
  • 13 Jul
 Goatie

Yes Torn Banners understanding of map design, atmosphere and sound will always be better. Just listen to interviews with Buckley their sound dude, he knows how to make the battlefield make sense just through sounds.

382 575
  • 13 Jul
 smug

Mordhau doesn't even have footsteps that work.

941 288

(dident mean to Necro)

941 288
39 27

help with your codpiece sir?

319 417
  • 26 Jul
 ChuckJones

@Largid said:
I'm not saying anything, but...

From Chivalry 2 website FAQ:

How long have you been working on Chivalry 2?

Development began in spring 2017.

Mordhau kickstarter campaign opening:

March 8, 2017
Project launched

Also animations in trailer are terrible imo.

From the said above. i found this in the NoFrag interview with Torn Banner

aaaaa.PNG

941 288

Horse shit you say........ Sorry Mordhau but I have a new quest