Mordhau

Looking for rare or generally obscure game mechanics

18 12
  • 11 Jun '19
 Guiden

@DrGert said:

• Horses will sometimes but very rarely poop.

• You can then pick up said poop if you’re lucky enough to come across it and throw it at your enemies.

• Proceed to laugh emote at the smelliest player in the server.

That's crazy. Does it do damage?

274 322
  • 11 Jun '19
 DrGert

@Guiden said:

@DrGert said:

• You can then pick up said poop if you’re lucky enough to come across it and throw it at your enemies.

1:45 Looks like a 1 shot kill lol

18 12
  • 11 Jun '19
 Guiden

@DrGert said:

@Guiden said:

@DrGert said:

1:45 Looks like a 1 shot kill lol

I just tested it myself. Can't believe I didn't know this. It doesn't 1HK though. I threw it at a NPC with 0 head armor for a headshot and it only did 43 lol.

Another fun fact is that the Pavise can block multiple shots from the spawn ballistas before being destroyed. Not sure if they block them when on the back of a player on in their hands though.

133 104
  • 12 Jun '19
 Pandamansleep

You can couch ES. Also if you fall from a lethal height try to land on anything jagged or sticking out of the wall so you can ragdoll and not die. I did that once to get out of bounds in contraband

42 35
  • 17 Jun '19
 DonKanaille

Weapons that normally cannot combo can combo off of weapon clashes.

777 1031
  • 17 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

Is it true that the spiked side of the warhammer actually cannot combo?

32 26
  • 17 Jun '19
 Borschik

@smellycathawk said:

Yes, it cant. You can even see it in advanced weapon stat list.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 17 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

Here is an extremely obscure mechanic: The carrot can repair things like a wooden mallet or blacksmith hammer, and it has the highest amount of repair per hit in the game. It takes 3 swings to fully repair the walls you can repair around the map.

777 1031
  • 17 Jun '19
 smellycathawk

@Borschik said:

@smellycathawk said:

Yes, it cant. You can even see it in advanced weapon stat list.

I usually try to check myself before I go whining about muh realism... but in this case

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how the fuck does this make any logical sense?

The carrot thing is a sick idea tho

129 141
  • 18 Jun '19
 chill_clinton

This may be basic but you can stand directly behind someone overhanding a halberd and parry their attack. You have to be facing them and do the parry at the start of the release window but it will cuck them completely. Works a bit like trying to overhand a halberd when your back is against a wall.

270 170
  • 18 Jun '19
 ZugZugNeverEnds

Kite Shield will block a couched lance from a horseman, if you hold it up facing the lance.
you'll fall over, drop your shield and lose ALL of your stamina, but you will survive and take no damage.
i haven't tested if this is the same case with the Heater Shield or not.

Knight 399 872
  • 18 Jun '19
 Alphonse

You can use backswings to damage structures. You can't deal damage to a player but a reverse overhead will damage / repair structures. Useful when you're trying to destroy an enemy barricade or objective point without giving your back to incoming enemies.

42 35
  • 18 Jun '19
 DonKanaille

@ZugZugNeverEnds said:
Kite Shield will block a couched lance from a horseman, if you hold it up facing the lance.
you'll fall over, drop your shield and lose ALL of your stamina, but you will survive and take no damage.
i haven't tested if this is the same case with the Heater Shield or not.

This is true for any melee weapon and any shield. You can block or parry a couched attack - you will still take damage, be disarmend or dis-shielded and knocked down, but you survive... unless the horseman turns around and finishes you while you get up.

Now we only need to find out if you can chamber couched attacks, lol.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 18 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@DonKanaille said:
Now we only need to find out if you can chamber couched attacks, lol.

You can't.

32 26
  • 18 Jun '19
 Borschik

You can easily riposte with a shield if you hold RMB and spam LMB when getting attacked.

42 35
  • 19 Jun '19
 DonKanaille

You can riposte-throw throwables if you have a shield in the off hand and parry with it.

Mercenary 179 614
  • 19 Jun '19
 Stauxie

@ToLazy4Name said:
Also, if you stand in front of a door but don't move, the door cannot be opened through any means and you're effectively safe from any threats on the other side.

If you open the door and turn around quickly you can open it towards you. This prevents being stuck.

Knight 7768 14326
  • 19 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

@Stauxie said:

@ToLazy4Name said:
Also, if you stand in front of a door but don't move, the door cannot be opened through any means and you're effectively safe from any threats on the other side.

If you open the door and turn around quickly you can open it towards you. This prevents being stuck.

thank you staubie I did not know this

14 9
  • 22 Jun '19
 spoopbeats

@GAYFISH said:
Hit recovery, if you land a hit on someone and don't combo you will avoid the recovery phase of the swing. So you can start another attack much faster than if you had missed or comboed that attack.

does this mean you generally shouldn't combo on hit?

404 607
  • 22 Jun '19
 smug

@GAYFISH said:
Hit recovery, if you land a hit on someone and don't combo you will avoid the recovery phase of the swing. So you can start another attack much faster than if you had missed or comboed that attack.

why. it makes sense for combos to come out faster. if this is to discourage and punish mashing its dumb. seriously what? why would a combo input not also cancel the recovery window of an attack.