Mordhau

Looking for rare or generally obscure game mechanics

16 10
  • 10 Jun
 Guiden

What's up guys. So pretty much as the title stated. I'm trying to satisfy my own curiously and learn some of the more interesting interactions in the game. I'm not talking about easter eggs or hidden stuff. Like legit super unknown stuff you can do or happens and mostly goes by unrecognized. Not things like Billhooks unmounting horsemen, attacking with 1h weapons on ladders, couched Estocs, and crouching over bear traps don't trigger them. More along the lines of rarer stuff.

Some examples are:

Grazed blow damage.
Riposting after you block a projectile.
Morph canceling an attack by switching to your alt form.
Your run speed is decreased when you have a bow in your inventory. Even if it's not equipped.
Smoke bombs putting out fire bombs.
You can chamber in fist v fist fights.
Fists delivering a knock out block when your opponent blocks with 0 stamina rag dolling them to the ground similar to a bear trap.

If you know anything that's a pretty interesting interaction that isn't on here I'm really curious to find out what they are! Thanks.

138 218
  • 10 Jun
 DylanS_98

If my balls are out, everyone can see them.

Knight 830 1763
  • 10 Jun
 Ulkenstride

If you slide for long enough you'll ragdoll. If you kick a door and someone is on the other side and they are hit by the door they are ragdolled. If you kick someone while they're climbing they'll ragdoll and flip around super crazy. You can couch a carrot on horseback and one shot enemies with it. You can hit others projectiles out of the air with your own. If you hit the ice spikes on mountain peak with a projectile they will fall and instantly kill whoever is underneath them.

Conscript 294 345
  • 10 Jun
 Qwampa

-While performing a ripost you can not be flinched unless you die. (Not 100%, need confirmation)
-Search for CFTP
-You can feint a kick (looks hilarious)
-You can't overhead attack behind you, but it can be perried.
-if you drag your attack too much, and go full 360 ballarina style, you will do minimal damage instead of normal damage, but still flinch.

16 10
  • 10 Jun
 Guiden

@DylanS_98 said:
If my balls are out, everyone can see them.

Holy shit.

@Ulkenstride said:
If you kick someone while they're climbing they'll ragdoll and flip around super crazy. You can couch a carrot on horseback

Now we're talking.

2 5
  • 10 Jun
 sallad

You can crouch walk over beartraps without them activating

EDIT: I am retarded and didnt read the OP

2369 4809
  • 10 Jun
 Maci

There's a slow and a fast kick

Knight 99 263
  • 10 Jun
 GAYFISH

Hit recovery, if you land a hit on someone and don't combo you will avoid the recovery phase of the swing. So you can start another attack much faster than if you had missed or comboed that attack.

17 6

This is an extremely useful thread,
You can build spikes through the walls that toolbox builds.
If you land on a door when falling it will reduce or negate fall damage.
You can clash with riposte hyper armor attacks to stop them.

16 10
  • 10 Jun
 Guiden

@Maci said:

Oh word? How do you do that? I know you can drag kicks because of the active frames.

777 1029

You can morph a stab into a slash for a free hit on anyone under level 20

Knight 7577 13875
  • 10 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

The ragdoll when you kick someone climbing applies to any attack (except maybe ranged) not just kicks.

Knight 2591 6881
  • 10 Jun
 Rattsknecht

@smellycathawk said:
You can morph a stab into a slash for a free hit on anyone under level 20

but I am level 32

17 6

@ToLazy4Name said:
The ragdoll when you kick someone climbing applies to any attack (except maybe ranged) not just kicks.

If you kick them they do crazy flips though. IT looks hilarious, also you can headshot kick, for 15 damage.

Knight 7577 13875
  • 10 Jun
 ToLazy4Name

Also, if you stand in front of a door but don't move, the door cannot be opened through any means and you're effectively safe from any threats on the other side.

42 35
  • The billhook has negative knockback on some attacks and pulls people towards you. Might work well if you stand on a spike trap.
  • Ragdolling into spike traps is an instant death. Thus, bear trap in front of spike trap is instant death.
  • Icicles on Mountain Peak can be shot at and will fall down, killing people below them.
  • Horses drop turds which can be picked up and thrown for damage.
  • You can couch shovels, rakes, scythes etc. and one shot people with them. You can also couch the estoc.
  • You can grab projectlies that stick in your shield or your body and throw them back.
  • You can shoot projectlies out of the air - as mentioned - and that includes catapult rocks.
  • You can break a fall by doing a ledge pull up and will take no damage.
  • You can heal from enemy medic bags.
  • There is a grave on Camp outside of blue base which has a unique sun light effect.
2369 4809
  • 10 Jun
 Maci

@Guiden said:

@Maci said:

Oh word? How do you do that? I know you can drag kicks because of the active frames.

You can't choose. You get either the one or the other. Not even marox knows exactly when what triggers, but basically you get the slow kick if you're trying to cheese.

96 128
  • 10 Jun
 Reapy

@Maci said:

@Guiden said:

@Maci said:

You can't choose. You get either the one or the other. Not even marox knows exactly when what triggers, but basically you get the slow kick if you're trying to cheese.

Heard crush on stream talking about it and he mentioned it being dynamic based on how far into your attack you morph out of it into kick. A very late morph will be very slow while earlier into the attack is a faster kick.

138 218
  • 10 Jun
 DylanS_98

@Reapy said:

@Maci said:

@Guiden said:

@Maci said:

Heard crush on stream talking about it and he mentioned it being dynamic based on how far into your attack you morph out of it into kick. A very late morph will be very slow while earlier into the attack is a faster kick.

I've tested this and it is based on whether or not you're still within the morphing window. As in, if you attack and pass the window of time to morph; the kick will come out immensely slower.

274 320
  • 11 Jun
 DrGert
  • Horses will sometimes but very rarely poop.

• You can then pick up said poop if you’re lucky enough to come across it and throw it at your enemies.

• Proceed to laugh emote at the smelliest player in the server.