Mordhau
Mordhau Merch
Check out our merch shop!

Vote Kick Abuse

12 19
  • 10 Jun '19
 sloe

I'm wondering if anything will be done about the vote kick abuse?

This is the third time I've been kicked from a public matchmaking game for no reason.

The first time was when I declared someone a deliberate TKer and vote yes to kick him. He was just going around hitting his own teammates constantly and other people were complaining too. So he initiated a vote kick against me and it worked. The other two times I was top of the score board and someone just initiated a vote kick to troll me and it worked.

It's getting annoying. When they kick me I lose the EXP and Gold I would have earned, which is a lot usually.

Please fix!

Knight 7768 14327
  • 10 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

okay how fix

2 2
  • 10 Jun '19
 Tee

I have been experiencing this the last few games. A vote pops up and everyone votes yes right away for literally no reason. I don't tk, I make it a point to avoid it as much as possible, yet... I get vote kicked. It's absolutely abused. I think the proposed fix with a toxic community like this is the completely take out the votekick option and instead incorporate TKs as double score taken away (-200) or add a threshold for TKs such as consecutive kills against teammates (5 or so). This was the only thing I could think of to avoid these issues. Cause I've seen it multiple times that people get kicked for literally nothing or one accidental TK cause a dude and his friends are raging in their discord channel hardcore and it seems to only take 3 votes to kick someone.

Sadly, this is one of the most toxic communities I've played in. I enjoy the game, but I am losing interest because of the toxicity and vote-kicking. If you even so much as disagree with someone votekicking you it pretty much solidifies your votekick.

12 19
  • 10 Jun '19
 sloe

Glad I'm not the only one. People just automatically vote Yes when it pops up to get rid of it, that is a problem.

If a player gets TK'd they should be given an option to vote kick that person, and if that person receives say 3 vote kicks during the match then they get the boot.

This system allows you to forgive your teammates by not voting against them if it was an accident (which it usually is), and the worst that can happen is you get TK'd twice by the same guy trolling, which isn't any worse than the accidents that regularly occur during a match.

Penalizing them with negative points might not help because trolls don't care, the lower their score the more effective they think they're being.

TK's are going to happen, it's part of the game and I get them all the time on accident, so let's not nerf anything there. Just make it so the trolls can be dealt with.

Or you could have a report player option, but that's a lot of overhead for the devs to deal with and it shouldn't be on them to police the community.

Conscript 156 287
  • 10 Jun '19
 Kaiowa

From my experience the majority of votes will pass even when both the person who started the vote and the one being voted don't say anything. If one or more players claim the person is TKing (doesn't matter if false or true), then that person is most definitely getting kicked. I've seen this being abused by people who would start votes just to troll someone, and while a report system could be implemented to revoke a troll's rights to start votekicks or simply bann him, that'd probably be too much work for the moderators and there's a much simpler solution.

Just show us the amount of recent team damage done in the votekick infobox. Chivalry did that and I've never seen people abuse votekicks; if the vote was unjustified everyone would know.

113 80

@Tee said:
I have been experiencing this the last few games. A vote pops up and everyone votes yes right away for literally no reason. I don't tk, I make it a point to avoid it as much as possible, yet... I get vote kicked. It's absolutely abused. I think the proposed fix with a toxic community like this is the completely take out the votekick option and instead incorporate TKs as double score taken away (-200) or add a threshold for TKs such as consecutive kills against teammates (5 or so). This was the only thing I could think of to avoid these issues. Cause I've seen it multiple times that people get kicked for literally nothing or one accidental TK cause a dude and his friends are raging in their discord channel hardcore and it seems to only take 3 votes to kick someone.

Sadly, this is one of the most toxic communities I've played in. I enjoy the game, but I am losing interest because of the toxicity and vote-kicking. If you even so much as disagree with someone votekicking you it pretty much solidifies your votekick.

Now assholes on duel servers are untouchable if there is no admin

Knight 152 100
  • 10 Jun '19
 Lilboots

Mate, i just killed a guy 3 times with a bow, then once with a Cata, he was on the opposite team, and i was votekicked as well. No rules, no reporting, no admins.... votekick system terrible

Expect this for a while

Knight 7768 14327
  • 10 Jun '19
 ToLazy4Name

even just including player statistics in the vote kick (team damage percentage, ping, etc) would go a long way to improving votekick

2 2
  • 10 Jun '19
 Tee

@Kaiowa said:
From my experience the majority of votes will pass even when both the person who started the vote and the one being voted don't say anything. If one or more players claim the person is TKing (doesn't matter if false or true), then that person is most definitely getting kicked. I've seen this being abused by people who would start votes just to troll someone, and while a report system could be implemented to revoke a troll's rights to start votekicks or simply bann him, that'd probably be too much work for the moderators and there's a much simpler solution.

Just show us the amount of recent team damage done in the votekick infobox. Chivalry did that and I've never seen people abuse votekicks; if the vote was unjustified everyone would know.

This actually seems like it would work. Being able to physically see the evidence would make sense. But then how would it cover instances of accidental catapult shots into team-mates?

1 2
  • 17 Jun '19
 Vae

I played a 2 hour session of Mordhau and got kicked out of 3 lobbies while having top frags on the team. One guy even switched teams to grief me. The vote kick abuse is extremely detrimental to the game. I don't even play with the chat box on and I still can't avoid the toxic community.

Please do something about the votekick abuse.

129 141
  • 17 Jun '19
 chill_clinton

@Kaiowa said:

This is the truth and the light right here. Devs plz read

2 0
  • 23 Jul '19
 TheGopnik

Pointless, any salty greifer and his friends can have you kicked, I have been kicked for being better than someone and I have been kicked for trying to stop a team mate from team killing me, even after the 50% team vote patch. This game is just going downhill.

111 97
  • 24 Jul '19
 BOBOLOJOE

the votekick system is pretty bad.
until they come up with a solution, i reccomend the following:

attachment to xp and gold is your problem.
you will get it back, it's ok.
your rank is just the amount of XP you have "earned" while playing.
gold is just to unlock cosmetics really. play more and you can buy your shiny things.

there are many other servers to play on, if theres a bunch of dicks on one. go to another.
they win if you get mad. so don't get mad.
game is meant to be fun, your not having fun? you can leave or make it fun

2 0
  • 27 Jul '19
 FakenTrol

NIGGER FAGGOT FUCK SHIT ASSHOLE, devs or mods please for the love of god i hope this got your attention, block this message/reply but please get the message or the one its replied to to the devs, the votekick system is so fucking abused its unplayable on any servers, fucking fix it, no more new maps that take days and hours to finish till you fix this problem that would take an hour to code:

Add damage stats to the votekick popup, like chivalry has the % of team damage done on votekicks so to better understand whether the person being voted upon is really a FFa'er or just a victim of kick abuse. The amount of time ive seen a troll votekick some random them put in chat "FFA pageup" right after is pure autism. the average mordhau player doesnt check who started or who is being votekicked on, they just care that the popup gets out of their face, so they press page up... no evidence or hearing or reason for the kick, just page up...

Make the voting threshold 66.6% rather than 50%, if the players of a server are all agreeing that the person being voted on is a troll or a FFA'er on duel servers then the MAJORITY will vote on him ( i mean honestly how the fuck could the devs not think of this beforehand, even fucking Chivalry got the votekicking system right jesus fuck, its like being a scientist and not knowing how to fill a test tube with anything ever).

34 44
  • 29 Jul '19
 GROG

GROG THINK YOU MAYBE TRASH.
GROG THANK YOU FOR TIME.

1 0
  • 31 Jul '19
 Rxm

I was vote kicked because I killed this guy on the opposite team and a few kids in the chat claimed that I team killed them even though they ran into my bear trap and didn't die. Also another guy kicked me, so I kicked him back, he hit me until I was red and claimed that I team killed him. It's getting really annoying and is happening repeatedly.