Mordhau

Constantly Disconnecting from every server

Count 19 12
 Jaw

I was playing on a custom duel server and when the map changed I was disconnected and its happening on every server all the time, custom or official. I get the error message "the connection has timed out" or "you were kicked from the server. Reason: Timed out while waiting for the steam inventory. I can use an alternative account to play but it still wont work on my main account.

What I've tried so far:
-Reinstalling Mordhau Multiple times on different drives
-Reinstalling steam
-Connecting to personal hotspot via phones internet
-Verifying integrity of game files
-Restarting PC
-Restarting router

Duke 536 881
  • 9 Jun
 Goatie

Pls fix devs he's our star player, don't dog the bois.

3 0
  • 10 Jun
 corder442

Same, how long has it been happening for you?

Count 19 12
  • 10 Jun
 Jaw

for the past 6 hours

520 275
  • 10 Jun
 Gambit

I haven't tested this, but worth a shot. Close your game, open the file below

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Mordhau\Saved\Config\WindowsClient\Engine.ini

Search for any line with "timeout" in it and increase the value. You can try the other files in that directory too, but I don't think they will contain any timeout related stuff.

Save the file and try connecting to some servers again. I have a feeling this is going to be an Engine.ini changed needed on the server and not your client, but it's worth a shot.

Count 19 12
  • 10 Jun
 Jaw

All i could find in the Engine.ini file is this:
[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/MeshEditor/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/WebBrowserWidget/Content
Paths=../../../Mordhau/Plugins/DiscordRpc/Content

5 2
  • 10 Jun
 aifka

Same problem for me

Duke 536 881
  • 10 Jun
 Goatie

Hope a dev replies because this is a REAL issue not just some annoying gameplay bug.

520 275
  • 1
  • 10 Jun
 Gambit

@Jaw said:
All i could find in the Engine.ini file is this:
[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/MeshEditor/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/WebBrowserWidget/Content
Paths=../../../Mordhau/Plugins/DiscordRpc/Content

Oh yea sorry. You have go to your games install folder and look for BaseEngine.ini then search for the config and copy it into the Engine.ini I talked about before.
Be sure to include the section title wrapped in square brackets.

Count 19 12
  • 10 Jun
 Jaw

No this didn't work, it just made my game load a lot slower

520 275
  • 10 Jun
 Gambit

@Jaw said:
No this didn't work, it just made my game load a lot slower

Well what did you try changing..?

I had a look and the ones of relevance are

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
ConnectionTimeout=40.0

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.OnlineBeacon]
BeaconConnectionInitialTimeout=40.0

Add those lines into the Engine.ini

Also can you get the name of an official server you're having issues with, search it on Battlemetrics to get the IP and ping the host from CMD to make sure it's reachable from your network.

5 2
  • 10 Jun
 aifka

I have the problem on all server (official frontline or 1v1 server) my ping is always around 50ms.

Count 19 12
  • 10 Jun
 Jaw

Yeah the those lines for the ini don't work for me.

Official Frontline - Sydney - Isonoe 4
Pinging 139.99.131.79 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 139.99.131.79:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 15ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 15ms

520 275
  • 10 Jun
 Gambit

@Jaw said:
Yeah the those lines for the ini don't work for me.

Official Frontline - Sydney - Isonoe 4
Pinging 139.99.131.79 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=52
Reply from 139.99.131.79: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=52

Ping statistics for 139.99.131.79:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 15ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 15ms

Did you try connect to that server too? Also try tether the Internet off your phone and connect. Not a long term solution but it fixed it for other people I saw

Count 19 12
  • 10 Jun
 Jaw

No but its happening on all servers, custom or official

520 275
  • 10 Jun
 Gambit

@Jaw said:
No but its happening on all servers, custom or official

Worth a shot.

2 1
  • 10 Jun
 Jcvalencia

A mí me ocurre exactamente lo mismo. Si el problema persiste en futuras semanas. Denunciare la devolución del importe del juego. El problema no es que ocurra, el problema es la poca implicación de los desarrolladores. Ya tendrían que haber escrito aquí que son conscientes del problema.

Count 19 12
  • 10 Jun
 Jaw

Yeah I agree, the devs need to acknowledge this and at least let us know if they're working on a fix. I'm a kickstarter backer and I've spent over $300 AUD on this game and over 700 hours in-game playtime. This is ridiculous

Count 19 12
  • 11 Jun
 Jaw

Okay so I can play Mordhau using an alt account, same pc, same internet and everything

2 0
  • 12 Aug
 DontBan

Same issue. It disconnects me every 2 min or so on every server. Almost not worth playing anymore.